Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The shop will be opening in Edinburgh during the Summer but how about this for now:- :clap:

MOTO SCOZIA
MAIN DEALERS:
Benelli MV AgustaCagiva
Tel: 0771 893 2555
[email protected]

TEST RIDE WEEKEND
Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th April

Hi!

Here is the email you have been waiting for!! We have arranged for a range of bikes to be available for test rides over the week-end of Saturday18th & Sunday 19th April 2209.

The venue will be:
The Allan Ramsay Hotel
Carlops
Near Penicuik
Midlothian
EH26 9NF.

The Allan Ramsay Hotel is situated in the village of Carlops, approximately 9 miles south of Edinburgh on the A702. Courtesy light refreshments will be provided and meals can be purchased at the hotel.

Start time 10am through to late afternoon both days

The bikes available will be:

MV Agusta
Brutale 910
Brutale 1078
F4 1000 312 R
F4 1078 312 RR

Benelli
Tornado 900 Tre
Tre-K 1130
TNT
Café Racer
Amazonas
Please bring your licence (photo & paper).

In the meantime it would be helpful if you could email or telephone to let us know which day would be most convenient for you to attend or if you have any queries.

We look forward to seeing you enjoying these fantastic machines.

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
I'm not saying anything about a 200 year wait;)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
I'll be going to this Laurence, planning on heading up to Penicuik to drop the daughterbug off at my folks in Penicuik and heading to Carlops to play on Saturday late AM.

Derek Young who is running this seems to be a very enthusiatic chap who has sound plans for the dealership in Edinburgh, we need enthusiats with passion for the brands to be running the shops rather than people out to make a quick buck. I wish derek all the best in setting up his venture. I think we should all be behind him (you too Roly) in supporting him in what must be a massive headache in the initial stages.

Cheers
Fraser

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, what a great day. :clap:

A whole line of Benelli's and MV's for you to take your pick and off you bloody go for a ride in the county. It just doesn't get any better than this :ele:

Many thanks to Derek, Russ, Matt and the rest of the guys for arranging the event.

If anybody is in the area tomorrow, get yourself along and give yersel a treat

Nice to meet up with Brian, Ron and Fraser from the Forum also.

Here's a few pics :-

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm going tomorow, was there a waiting list for rides, am going early doors just in case and if its not too busy gonna try everything:ele:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nah, speak to Derek when you first arrive and he'll book you on to whatever you want.
Tell him the 'imfamous Laurence' said so :rolling:

As much as I like Benelli's it's a great oppoutunity to try the MV's. Generally you aren't even allowed to touch those bikes, let alone have a ride on them :clap:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Have to agree with Laurence, top day out, and getting the opportunity to play on the 'untouchable' MVs was really quite generous. Thanks to Russ, Derek and all for organising.

To those going tomorrow, have a good day, watch out for the bar wiggles on the 910 Brutale;) top fun.

Anyone heading south afterwards, please feel free to pop into Lochmaben to for a cuppa.

cheers, Fraser

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
The Pictures are excellent there laurence :bow: :bow: :bow: , Did wonder if any of the people in the photo's are off here (fraser ?) . some excellent bikes and with all that tempting exotica it would be very hard for people not to be snapping up new tornado's at there current price as well as MV's now they have come down as well . Good Show by all and Congratulations on all involved from above the border as well as down south (Russ :bow: ).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good to meet you today Lawrence. What a good day! Great ride there and back, well organised do, rode an MV and a Cafe Racer, drank my favourite beer, had Haggis for lunch, mumsfor tea, more beer in the evening and a Thai take away. Glad to note my TNT much more responsive than the Cafe Racer, which had a flat spot at 4000 revs. The Brutale was almost scary it was so light at the front. Going to Olivers Mount tomorrow to watch the professionals. Gonna get my new clocks fitted by Russ next Saturday and going to the Stafford show on Sunday. Season in full swing!
Thanks again for sorting the cover and would love a jacket!?
Seeya

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I'll be there tomorrow Laurie, I need to give Rusty the money for my stubby can and take one of those MV's out for a blast ... it looks a hoot,. Just keep me away from the roundabouts:rolling:

Al :bow:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi all, yes had a great day out, a bit of a damp ride over the borders and through Jedburgh but well worth it and the MV F4 is bloody fantastic. Great to put faces to names and yes many thanks to Russ, Derek etc for putting on a really good day. Got home and the stickers were lying on the table ready and waiting, thanks Laurence. ron d:)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Have to laugh - this is sounding more than ever like one big happy family. Will I prepare the roast dinner for all today?
Cheers
Fraser

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi Brian (Limpwrist) No sooner had you stepped off that Cafe Racer, Derek mentioned to Russ about the flat spot and a second later he's plugging in the Axone to sort it out..........now that's what I call SERVICE :bow:
That Carbon cover will be on it's way to you on Monday but I wouldn't hold your breath for one of those jackets matey.

Angooose, Ron is the one in the picture that looks as though he's talking the hind legs of a donkey in pic 4. He's also in pic 7 but this time trying to impress the guy by pulling a rabbit from his helmet (oooh missus)

Fraser (Fyule) is in pics 5 & 6 with his back to the camera and you can just about see the sun glinting off his baldy patch. ;)

Didn't get a picture of Brian (Limpwrist) as he was inside stuffing his face at the time, but that's his Green TNT in pic 6

Oh, and the camera shy guy that's slap bang in the middle of nearly every bloody picture is Eric, our newest Forum member. (Dynamo) Welcome!!!!! ....................and could you not have just asked that guy to speak up a bit in pic 4?

·
Registered
47 Posts
laurence, great pictures there and just what I need as Im stuck in the shop in barnsley, its cracking flags and every fucker is out riding...Jealous??

Next time you get a pick though, try and avoid Chris Dockerty...its just not nice! :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I'm just back from the hotel myself but never took any kit to take a bike out and my head's a bit heavy with a cold coming on at the mo. That Cafe Racer is on seriously loverly bike. Met the famous Rusty and James and Drew from here but I'll be buggered if I can remember their forum names. The weather was fantastic but the burger that the hotel served was complete and utter shite.
Great day out and hearing those bikes pull away from the hotel gave me goosebumps. I can't wait to get mine ......

Al:D

James, did you manage to make it home matey without having to call out the AA?

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Looks like it was a great day .. I have spent the afternoon spectating at East Fortune and recovering from No1 daughters' 21st party that was held last night. Brilliant racing today and can't wait to get my FZR out racing after it has done the Rogart run. Lovely new OW01 race fairing and other bits just waiting to go on.
Meanwhile, since I mentioned my insurance cheque had come through for the late lamented Benelli she who must be obeyed has been saying how nice a conservatory would look on the back of the back of the house! Forget the credit crisis .. we live in difficult times!! Delicate negotiations are clearly forthcoming ..... . :rolleyes:

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I know how the wife dictates as mine spent part of my existing LE funds on a hot tub and it was installed on the patio yesterday so my bank accounts doing this .....:bawl: . Good thing is that when she's in it i'll be out on the bike :D .this event should be something done in other part of the country's (Bring it on MotoGB please :bow: )

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
yeah angus is right!!! somewhere like hmmmmmm eerrrrrr south yorkshire would be good lol :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
twas me AL (drew)and James (spacehopper) why do we have daft names on the forum anyway?. Anyways james phoned me to let me know he got home o.k and I managed to get a puncture, must have been very close to home as it was still firm enough to drive o.k, good job i'm getting new rubber on next week.
The day was brilliant, I was like a kid in a sweet shop, must say though I honestly prefer the Benellis over the MV's the 1078 f4 was wicked though! and my surprise top scorer was that awesome cafe racer I soooooo want me one of them.
I didnt really get as much time to chat with russ and derek but Russ was a star with spacehopper he put in the latest map for him as bike was running rough, turned out to be dreaded coilstick which as if by magic he made one appear but unfortunately he didnt have enough time to fit it for him as they were packing up,Hats off to the splendid job by everyone involved:clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts