Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I live in Sydney and very close to purchasing a new TREK 1130 (2008). The problem is all I read is that they break down constantly and when they inevitably do you can't get bits for them. Any Oz 'Nelli owners out there who can shed light on how we fare with parts obtainment in Australia (even filters, etc) and if the newer Benellis can put a few miles together without imploding? Thanks all. Glen

·
5,928 Posts
You've been misled! Nelli's are as reliable as any other marque, providing you check all the boxes & don't bury your head in the sand!
As you can see below, even the old one's can knock up a few k's.

Many service parts - filters, etc. can be found elsewhere. You don't need to go genuine. if you had a Tornado, I'd direct you to my website, but I'm not so familiar with the TREK.

For genuine parts, ask the local dealer for a quote, P&A, then contact Brabant Motors in The Netherlands, and Maniac Motors in Germany. Often they'll get parts to you faster & cheaper than the local boys, especially if they don't have stock. Both Maniac & Brabant accept PayPal, so payment is dead simple.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Greetings all. I live in Sydney and very close to purchasing a new TREK 1130 (2008). The problem is all I read is that they break down constantly and when they inevitably do you can't get bits for them. Any Oz 'Nelli owners out there who can shed light on how we fare with parts obtainment in Australia (even filters, etc) and if the newer Benellis can put a few miles together without imploding? Thanks all. Glen
Misled!!!
I am fed up with this type of rubbish from the uninformed.
As stated by Errol
Nelli's are as reliable as any other marque, providing you check all the boxes & don't bury your head in the sand!
I own a Tre-K purchased new October 08, as before purchasing any new motorcycle I carried out the normal research.
Glen get your facts straight and talk to Benelli owners

Regards

Tuono

a satisfied Benelli Tre-K owner

·
442 Posts
Hey Glen go ahead and go for it i say..
i got my TNT sport in june 2006(new) and still think it's the best thing i've bought.
i had done little reaserch other than read it in the AMCN mag,they wrote down that it was a HOOT of a bike to ride so i went out and got one.
also it looks SWEET.
i get my parts from Maniac motors in germany and there very helpfull and fast delivery.

OH and you get alot of help from all these guys here,and some FLACK from them:D :D :D so sit back, type in,and enjoy your ride..:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies all. I think I've been put straight. Can't wait to get one. Does anyone know the number of a non genuine oil filter for the TRE-K as I like to put a new one on as much as possible and my closest 'Nelli dealers are asking $60 a pop for the oem. Glen

·
Registered
444 Posts
Glen, I am somewhat confused

first
then
Thanks for the replies all. I think I've been put straight. Can't wait to get one. Does anyone know the number of a non genuine oil filter for the TRE-K as I like to put a new one on as much as possible and my closest 'Nelli dealers are asking $60 a pop for the oem. Glen
question if you are purchasing a new bike why change the filter?

Regards

Tuono

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first few thousand K's are when all the microscopic imperfections are being abraded off and I've been told the oil may look fine but it is working like valve grinding paste. Can't hurt anyway. cheers

·
5,928 Posts
The first few thousand k's are when all the microscopic imperfections are being abraded off and I've been told the oil may look fine but it is working like valve grinding paste. Can't hurt anyway. cheers
Exactly right. That's how the rings get bedded in.

I'd change the oil at 100-200 kms, then again at 1000kms. The filter should be changed with the oil.
You wouldn't believe the result of the first oil test on my Tornado. It was scary.

The Mazda 323 filter fits the 900, I think. I expect the 1130 is the same.
I've had the Ryco Z436 tested, and compared with the OEM, and it was significantly better. Check the results HERE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts