Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been confirmed that Benelli will be racing again. They have recently run an 1130 in endurance racing as spoken about in this weeks british MCN.

www.motorcyclenews.com

What does this mean for WSB or other series? If you have answers, post em!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What does this mean for WSB or other series? If you have answers, post em!!!!!!
I thought that the whole reason that the brought out the 1130 was so that the could compete in the WSBK series Johnny. I think that it would be a good move for them to do so as the tv coverage, publicity and the audience that it would reach would be a good thing. Then again, they done bugger all in 2001/02 when they entered that:rolleyes

It's about time I started scanning the local press to see what they have to say I reckon;)

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
racing

They won't race the 1130, the 900 engine is a better option. Benelli are working on a full sport 1000, it will be over a year away I would say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually

Actually that is exactly what they raced: The Tornado 1130. It did exceptionally well but dnf'd the race due to a part failure. It was trouncing on gxrs and r1s until the failure tho. So, if this is a sign of what is to come then Benelli is on the way up. Also, it spoke about the infusion of cash from the Quin and the fact that parts and dealer networks are starting to build up. Hope this means better back up for us as owners and less down-time coupled with better reliability. I won't hold my breath but I can keep a couple fingers crossed....unless I am riding!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Racing 1130

The event (as reported in MCN - UK) was a non championship 24 hores Frigo de Motoclisime at Catalunya on the 15th July 2006. The 1130 made it for 9 1/2 hrs and (759 miles) before lunching one of the cogs in the gearbox.

Fast forwarding the article goes on the explain that the reporter is now at Mugello testing a few sessions with Gianluca Galasso (former factory Bimota Superbike rider) on the same bike and gives very positive comments on the 1130. It's shed 10kgs but the motor is stock as is the slipper clutch,frame, front forks, discs, fuel tank and switchgear and it's quick enough to worry track prepped R1's and GSXR 1000's.

Video at www.motorcyclenews.com/na..._DOWNLOADS

Good news !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts