Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following Borat's post re a meet / rideout

I thought I would have a go at doing a poll thingy !

I figure that as were already in June and motogp is in 3 weekends time and the fact that there is no bike racing at all on the weekend of July 7th & 8th then the date I am gonna suggest is Saturday 7th July (weather depending obviously)

So before the poll is put together - why dont you reply indicating your suggestions of a meeting point and rideout destination, then I can have a go at putting a poll together to see which one is easiest accessible for the most folk and in turn most popular

Good idea -or not ??

I'll start with the following suggestions:-
1. Meet at Matlock Bath and rideout to the Cat and Fiddle at Macclesfield - bout an hour ish run in one direction?
2a. Meet at Squires Milk Bar Cafe (Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds) and rideout to whitby (via the Yorkshire moors :D - just over an hour one way)
or
2b. Same meet then to Settle and onto Hawes (cracking road in Yorkshire Dales - Bout hour and 40 one way)
3. Melton Mowbray (or the Six Hills on the A46 in Leics) to Skegness (hour and half ish one way)
4. Melton Mowbray to Hunstanton (via Peterborough) (1 hour 40 ish one way)

Well - thats all the best ones I can think of around the middle part of England

Apologies if your not in the UK - but your more than welcome to come over for a good blast !!! :doh:

Obviously mates on other bikes more than welcome - as long as they ride half a mile behind !!! :rolling:

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I like the idea kurt it would be good to put faces to names. Any of the suggested routes is ok with me.

To start the poll route 2b looks good as I havent done that route before and there's no speed cameras in north yorks!

Pops

roll on donington:clap:

Rusty are you up for it, it would be like a demo day for you

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I've also moved Borat's post into the biker bar, unfortunately I only have Tornado Tre admin rights, so I am unable to 'merge' these two threads - Roland, can you sort out as it may help keep the site tidy.

Andy

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Any of your suggestions are reasonable for me Kurt. If I had to pick any probably 2b or 3. Date should be good as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there

1 or 3 or 4.

Sat the 7th sounds good to me. Went from Matlock to Macclesfield the other week with some fireblade group friends. Great lads who warned me about tight bends and switch backs but they didn't warn me about the jumps ! Airborne at 90, it all went quiet in the air with a bit of a wiggle on landing - I wasn't prepared for that !

I mentioned my bike was like blade but better looking and with more character.....

They'll never learn.:doh:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Come on guys (and Gals)

Put forward your favourite biking routes with a starting point and a destination then I can bash it all up into a Poll chart type thingy then we may well end up with 2 or 3 ride outs happening around the UK

(I can see me completely buggering the poll thing up and shall end up asking our resident I.T. Wizard and Encyclopediaticion (is that a word) Lawrie to bail me out if so !!)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...........the south is nice, and we don't have no stinking welsh rozzers down here!:D
South - South - SOUTH, where exactly is south ??

I live south compared to Al and Lawrie etc ! :doh:

I take it that navigation or giving detailed orders is not part of your roll with ol Maj's lot eh? :bow:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
South - South - SOUTH, where exactly is south ??

I live south compared to Al and Lawrie etc ! :doh:

I take it that navigation or giving detailed orders is not part of your roll with ol Maj's lot eh? :bow:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Kurt, South is deep south!

If you ride more than 4 miles due south of my house you are in the Solent!

Only kidding fella, the majority of owners seem to be around the Midlands/Yorkshire/Lancs area so I am pretty easy, it just means a trek up north and the use of your local pub and spare room for a night or two!

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Encyclopediaticion
What the hell does that mean Kurt? :doh:

Just let me know if you need a hand with that poll of yours though ;)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
If I can wangle some time off then I'm up for anything:) Midlands seems good to me although there are some spanking roads up here too you know;)

Al:D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Instead of using an encyclopedia - I can just ask you the question - therefore you are better than an encyclopedia - you become an encyclopediatician !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolling:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I can't help in figuring out where's the best place to meet, but I am following this thread with great interest.

I don't advise Central London, if it helps :p

·
903 Posts
Ride outs

There are some good roads down in the South East but I know it would be difficult for some of you to get down here. The A28 from Canterbury to Rye is great, also from Maidstone to Hastings has some great roads. You are welcome to kip at my home if you are around these parts.

Once I am fit after my operation perhaps we could arrange a meet up somewhere as I would like to meet some more of you guys, especially the ones I have not yet had the privillage to meet, BBA, Laurence, Kurt etc (Not necessarily in that order!)

I can't make Donnington as I am elsewhere, but I hope all that are going have a great time and have a drink or two for me!!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AL, Lloyd

Just post up the ride / routes that you recommend - if I put them into the poll - there may well be a good few guys wanting to go on them - like i said before it may end up being 3 or 4 rideouts in different areas

I want to get all routes firmed up / suggested by the end of this week so I can the poll thingy up n running

NB- For you guys at a distance, there is a spare room at mine and plenty of space in the living room if you wanna crash over

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Bump!

Getting near the time (and god knows we are due some decent weather!). I was wondering though whether sunday 8th would suit anyone as opposed to the saturday? I am visiting family down south the Friday and to make saturday I will have to try and get back Friday night. If not hopefully I might be able to swing it still but perhaps its worth a roll call about now anyway and people can vote on the day, where they are coming from etc so we can start organising any half way meets?

So, I'll start - Sunday preferred, might be able to swing Saturday if not, coming from Solihull.

Cheers

Borat

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
A superb local ride is from Chelmsford (Essex) to the world famous comfort cafe in Cambridge via Dunmow and Finchingfield, very few cameras and some superb fast back roads, its about 55 miles there and about 75 miles back (with a detour through Haverhill and Thetford forest Suffolk) or from the café go across to Mildenhall and follow the air base perimeter road looping back through Ely and home, loads of good fast twisty roads to keep you on your toes. ;)
vtxbrit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im with Lloyd The south east has some great roads to offer! But maybe midlands is a better bet. I just hope i have the day off, being a motorcycle instructor isn't all fun and games ya' know! Hope it all works out for you people who go.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts