Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
i'm seriously considering buying a new Tornado Tre and this would be my first step into the Benelli world, and to be honest i'm a bit worried about reliability issues, build quality and parts availability. Rus at Bennetts was vey helpful on the phone and suggested you guys would give me the low down. I'm not a rich man and biking is an expensive "hobby" (as the wife keeps reminding me) but it is my passion although if owning a Bennelli is going to cost me a mortgage and aload of grief i would unfortunatley have to look elsewhere.
Anything you guys can tell me from your experiances would be appreciated.:bow:

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
go for it

If you go for it you can't go far wrong buying from Russ he's well up on these italian stallions. Apart from the flakeing paint which have been changed under warrenty and the off due to the twat from BT i have no trouble with my 05 TRE. If you do get one be ready for the attention and all the stupid questions regarding the fans.

I'm off to see Russ tomorrow with a view at partexing the TRE for a TNT only because I've had a pay out for the off and fancy a sit up and beg style with me getting on a bit now(shoulder and back ache).

You will be hard pressed to find a jap bike with the quality bits on a standard which the TRE has.

PS green is the best colour!!!

Steve

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Welcome to the forums MC:bow:

In order for us to answer that question honestly .... what model are you buying exactly? The new 1130, RS version, LE or the standard Tre 900?

Al;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Rus was really helpful, i'm giong to see him this week end if i can.
in answer to the second question i'm looking at a standard 900tre:bow:

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to the Forum mate.

I suppose I better get in here before Al comes back and puts you off completely.

I've had 2 Standard Tornado TRE's. Both have been pretty much trouble free and have never left me down. Any problems that I have had with them have been fixed under warranty by KJM who I rate very highly.

However, there have been a few guys who have been particularly unlucky and will tell you a different story.........well hello Al...........but I guess you pays our money and you take your chance at the end of the day.

If you are buying it to use as a regular dependable commuter, you might be caught out, however, if you fancy something different and are willing to put up with the 'quirks' then I would tell you to go for it!!!

Good luck with making the right decision. (Oh, and get a green and silver one)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave

Hope you get to like around here -there is a decent bunch of guys on here and they have a wealth of knowledge on Benelli's and bikes in general - oh and other random shite too !!! (there are also a few usual suspects who may have you running for cover and joining the cross-stitch forum within your 1st week !)

I bought an 05 tre when it was 6 months old, had it 18 months now and apart from a gearbox downshift problem I have had nothing else pack up. (Benelli change the gearbox under warranty too :D )

I have had jap bikes before and if I did 6000mls+ per year then would probably still have one, but as I only do bout 3000mls max per year then the Nelli is something special.

From the few conversations I have had with Russ of Bennetts I would say the guy is as geunine as they come and am sure if you buy one from him he will look after you should you have any problems with it :clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas for making me feel at home even though i don't own a Benelli YET!!
i only do 3000 miles a year on average and don't commute (co, car) so its a pure "passion" for biking thing and lets be honest 6k for a Benelli or a GSXR600 instead........says it all really. i am a bit of a perfectionist though and my current jap bike is mint so any niggles on a new benelli i will have to get used to. But as it stands it's just a matter of time till the garage is filled with a Tre. I suppose the 6million dollar question is after a good haggle what can i expect to pay!!!!(daft question i suppose but hey you gotta ask)

Cheers D.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
that makes two of us

MASTERCHIEF
HI im bennyboy but slightly older youknow what i mean just bought my first tre after 25 years of biking i cant wait to get on the italian stallion only had me test drive so far but goes and sounds awsome: i had the same thoughts about reliability but this day and age its made to repair thats part of biking,but hope you enjoy as much as i will the thrill of a exotic bike instead of a boring R1 OR GSXR

:ele:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts