I hope it looks really nice. I don’t want a show bike- but I’d like it to look much like the new one I owned. but I don’t want it so nice I won’t ride it.
A little colder/damper than I wanted for a final paint coat today, but I did get a few more things done on it- and prepped the side and centre stand to pain.
I’m working on making the MK1 fender fit MKII forks.
I fixed the headlamp ‘ears’ (wrong side) and now working on wiring.
I got a new main harness, but I guess I got a used headlamp one and it doesn’t match, and does not match what I had.
Since I cannot really read any of the wiring diagrams I seem to have (well, all quite difficult) I think I‘ll use Viso and just make a new diagram with the colours I have.
I think the bike is a European model (kilometer speedo)- although I don’t really know. It is an ’Electronica’ - but someone replaced with a Dyna (I think off a CBX?). 1978
I may make a new headlamp harness (if I can find the proper connectors ok)- I lots of wire colour choices and would be nice to have new connectors.
I installed the upgraded alternator setup. It only seemed to fit with wires coming out back and around.
I fixed the headlamp mounts, temp mounted bars, started figuring wiring. Original wires were pretty rough, but of course replacement harness is different. Looks like I’ll be ‘pinning out’ and making a decent diagram I can actually read. In colour.
I tried fitting stator with wires out- but couldn’t get it to fit. Then I saw someone else’s pictures and tried again. This time the wires would just barely fit, so I flipped the stator to be like it is on BMW. I’m not sure it matters, but figured why take a chance.
Moving along well.
Busso sent brackets that are completely wrong (perhaps for a Quattro?), but won‘t answer my emails on it (so far).
Wiring up dyna ignition to coils now, then will do high tension wires and test.
Working on carbs.
Just a view of the Enduralast regulator/recitifer.
I cleaned up/tie-wrapped etc the wiring since this picture.
I did use a relay to assure battery voltage to regulator, the blue box is a LED compatible turn signal flasher (Grote) that I had, even thought I don’t have LEDs in the turn signals and probably won’t. But I had it in the drawer and gives me the option later.
I used an aluminum plate that was used for ‘block-off plates’ in radio repeater cabinets. It worked pretty well and leaves the regulator in pretty well ventilated location. (Well, I think so anyway)
finished tightening all the brake lines, bled brakes.
Made adapter for degree wheel, so assure timing is correct.
waiting on pipe mounts (Busso never did get back to me about incorrect ones) and a couple of final things.
Working on carbs, but I got a cold and moving sort of slowly.
Test fit spare tank and the seat to check for clearances on Accel coils/wiring etc.
waiting on proper muffler brackets and Sasche ignition. It has a Dyna setup- but I didn’t realize until recently that that one did not have any sort of electronic advance and was supposed to have a mechanical one. That is long gone. Since I have no clue on age of the Dyna setup - I bought the Sasche setup instead. Maybe not that much more than trying to find original advance and make it work. Plus new.
1 carb is all done, working on the rest and will fit after done.
I can’t remember if the airbox has to go in before carbs go on…probably.