Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All.
New here and have a question about a Benelli snowmobile engine I just picked up with some other parts I purchased. I am an avid collector of vintage snowmobiles and I have never heard of a Benelli snowmobile. Or a Benelli snowmobile engine. Could someone here shed some light on this? Did Benelli make a snowmobile? Or did they make an engine for another brand of snowmobile? I purchased the engine from a where-house that was a parts distributor for the AMF snowmobiles of the 60's and 70's. This was the only complete engine that was there. It looks as though it was run on a machine at one time. There were a lot of NOS Benneli motors there that were not complete. Also a lot of NOS parts like pistons,heads,cylinders,shrouds, ect. Looks as though this motor shares some ignition parts with the Rotax single cylinder motors of the 60's and 70's. It is a BOSCH ignition set up. I know for a fact that AMF has never used a Benelli engine on any production snowmobile. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Reese Fleury

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
This one's got me beat!!!:bawl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Benelli Engine

Well I think I have finally figured it out... The Benelli snowmobile engine model 350 2-T was available on the 1971 and the 1972 Trans-Ski. The 1971 was a model 15 SS. The 1972 Model was B-346-1. Both years were rated at 12HP. Here is a pic of the 1971 model line up. Not sure what sled had the Benelli engine but I think it is the sled in the back row second sled in.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Bloody hell Lawrence !

I cant believe you didnt know that :doh:

You have gone down so much in my estimation now !
I thought you was the font of all motorcycling and Benelli knowledge !!!!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Well I think I have finally figured it out... The Benelli snowmobile engine model 350 2-T was available on the 1971 and the 1972 Trans-Ski. The 1971 was a model 15 SS. The 1972 Model was B-346-1. Both years were rated at 12HP. Here is a pic of the 1971 model line up. Not sure what sled had the Benelli engine but I think it is the sled in the back row second sled in.
mmmm if you could try starting each sled you would instantly know which was the Benelli ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Bloody hell Lawrence !

I cant believe you didnt know that :doh:

You have gone down so much in my estimation now !
I thought you was the font of all motorcycling and Benelli knowledge !!!!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Actually Kurt, I knew about them Benelli snowmobile thingies all along. I just didn't want to appear big headed (like how some other people can be after they have been in a TV advert) :rolling:

(Oh, and the one with the Benelli engine is in the front!!!!)

Reactions: pipdavidson
1 - 8 of 8 Posts