Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, and therefore I first want to say hi to everyone.

I am thinking about buying a 2005 model of the café racer. Has gone about 10000 kilometers. First I must just say that the bike looks absolutely stunnung:D Everytime I see it I´m thinking; "that´s the kind of bike I wanna be driving":bow:

However, do anyone here have experience with the café racer, and the 2005 modell in particular? Is there any problems with this bike? And does it demand a lot of maintnance?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello Han hans, welcome to the forum.

I'm by no means an expert, in fact i've only owned a TNT CR (07) for a few months. However I do believe that sometime around 2005 benelli were bought out by China’s Qianjiang Group Co. The hope was/is that the big chinese company would inject more money into production, making Benelli's more reliable.

My limited understanding is that TNT's going back to 2005 had some issues and needed some modifications.

As I said I know very little in comparison to some of the good folk on this forum. My advice is to have a good browse around this site and check out some of the topics concerning earlier Tnt's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello Han hans, welcome to the forum.

My limited understanding is that TNT's going back to 2005 had some issues and needed some modifications.
Oh yes....mostly the dreaded hot start issue but they *should* all have been recalled and fixed.
I say *should* as my 3rd hand 2005 TnT didn't have the recalls done, i've only just had them done this month !
Benelli paid for all the parts, I paid labour as the bike is now nearly 4 years old.

·
5,931 Posts
Oh yes....mostly the dreaded hot start issue but they *should* all have been recalled and fixed.
My understanding of "the dreaded hot start problem", is that it's a precursor to "the heart-breaking broken alternator drive shaft problem." Something to do with the clutch basket intermediate gear & the mating gear (on the alternator / starter drive shaft) having negative clearance when hot.

If yours has the "hot start problem" get it fixed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I say *should* as my 3rd hand 2005 TnT didn't have the recalls done, i've only just had them done this month !
Benelli paid for all the parts, I paid labour as the bike is now nearly 4 years old.
Not sure if the hot start issue is fixed on the bike which I am thinking about buying. However, the seller said it has been to service and made some factory upgrades on.

So I think I´m gonna go for the café racer:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts