Benelli Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Put it on a CO meter and see what idle and 3000 rpm is then adjust I’m guessing injector correction map(tuneecu is different) until you get 4% co. Then adjust idle co to 1.5-2.5% Or get Tuneecu it is very useful. Do you have any leaks on exhaust? this may cause popping. Combustion correction may be oxygen sensor reading but I’m not sure I have only used Tuneecu.
Thanks for that info. I guess i will have to buy TuneECU, couse it would be much more helpfull than TEXA in this case. I will try to do what u said.
No, I don't have any leaks on exhaust, at least i didn't saw any. It's just like there is super rich mixture, and excess fuel is burning inside exhaust. My exhaust is super black, it's like never cleaned chimney :D. What is strange, I never saw any black smoke or sth like this. The smell of exhaust fumes on leathers was since I bought it, I already got used to it :ROFLMAO:

What do You think about Motul 300v? I mean, mb its coincidence, but my TnT started to stall just after oil change. I had ride like 1-2k km on previous Motul (always 15w50) and it didn't stalled even once. It started to stall at my first ride after oil change, and it's stalling sometimes from this time. I noticed (I'm not 100% sure) that it stall most likley when I rev up a bit while stopping with clutch already in, or while downshifting from 2 to 1. Can it be becouse Motul 300v is a bit too sticky? Or everything is related to my map problem and CO settings, and this is only coincidence. I mean i can change oil to previous one, but that 300v was quite expensive to just trashed it after 1k km if it's not his fault :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
started to stall just after oil change
from my view unlikely related to oil.
Mine stalled often. The following mods improved it a lot:
1. changed position of air temp sensor
2. balanced throttle butterflies according to Throttle Synch
3. new flow-matched BOSCH injectors from Tills.de (for Benelli he has now an exclusive distribution agreement with ManiacMotors) BMW K75 - 3 pcs matched set of EV14 injectors would work though
4. my home-grown modified injection mapping

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
from my view unlikely related to oil.
Mine stalled often. The following mods improved it a lot:
1. changed position of air temp sensor
2. balanced throttle butterflies according to Throttle Synch
3. new flow-matched BOSCH injectors from Tills.de (for Benelli he has now an exclusive distribution agreement with ManiacMotors) BMW K75 - 3 pcs matched set of EV14 injectors would work though
4. my home-grown modified injection mapping
Thanks for that informations :). I will start with position of air temp sensor. Where should i move it? I read once, but I forgot where :ROFLMAO: If I remember well, he should be near cyl. 3 by factory - too close to him, and thats why he gets wrong readings. Am I right? So where should I move it? Any other position or specific one?

Then I will check everything else, if that will not be enough :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Closer to the front i.e. under the front light protected against pollution by insects & dirt
Ok, thanks for that. I will do it this week when I will have a moment, and let u know :) Hope it will be enough, if not I will do the rest what u guys said :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Closer to the front i.e. under the front light protected against pollution by insects & dirt
Hello again :)
I had some time yesterday, and tried to move this air suction temp. sensor as You guys said, but... There was no sensor inside :ROFLMAO: I mean there was only "cover" where it should have been I guess. But what is funny in this story, that is not my original airbox - this is the one from where i got new engine. My previous one had a small hole where this sensor should be, and I thought that he was "broken" that's why I picked that from new one. Looks like, previous owner did this mod earlier, but now i have other engine and no clue where can I find this sensor. The motorcycle was completely disassembled, nearly to the last screw so I have no idea where my mechanic could mount this sensor (he don't remember). Can You please tell me where is this sensor connected? Mb I will track him by cable :D For sure he is not in airbox, near fairing (at least, I cannot see him there) or near lamp. My guess is, that my mechanic mounted it somewhere else, or mb it wasn't even there (I read that newer TnT's didn't had this sensor, that it's mounted into ECU, or mb I had read wrong)

I used little brutal method about this stalling - I raised idle rpm's a bit (a knob under left side of tank), I mean it's now about 1300-1350 (was about 1250). I noticed, that they are little wavy (now and before), I mean idle jumping from about ~1250-1400. Riding on idle is little harsh tbh, jerky. Not very much, but noticable. It's still stalling on "eco" map. Not that offten, but sometimes. Never stalled again with normal map. Little wavy rpm's are normal? or I need to synchronize throttles?

I have one other question for You Mihol if I can ask. How is Your bike behaving in case of temperatures? Mine is about 88-90 while fast riding (95* when it's super hot outside, even on highway). Getting quite fast hot while riding behind car, or just slow riding in city traffic (~50km/h). Then sth strange (for me) is happening. Fans are keeping temperature in about 100*C, they are never cooling it down by itself enough to turn them off (while idle). When I'm start riding, temperature is sitting there for another 30seconds, and then going down quite fast, to get high at next lights. Normal? :D
Map 0 is cooler one, at eco one temperature is rising a bit faster. It's not overheating to be sure. I guess Map 0 must be cooler, couse 12l/100km of fuel cannot overheat :ROFLMAO:

My TnT is still farting a lot from the muffler, speccialy while constant speed or low throttle. My backpack will self-ignition one day :LOL: I didn't checked co values yet, couse I cannot find anyone with co meter. I will have to buy one I guess, or TuneECU (there is no any tuner near my city that will touch Benelli. Most of them have no idea that this brand even exist so...)
Million questions, million answers :unsure:

Cheers :)

61 - 66 of 66 Posts