Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Very Very interesting

Very interesting...

So with this system you can upload original benelli maps correct?

I also noticed you are able to see values from the bikes systems cann these values be changed or are they merely to see them?

So is this cable pkg something you fabricated?

The small program inlcuded in the compressed files, who was the creator?

Are you offering this connection pkg?

More information Please

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very interesting...

So with this system you can upload original benelli maps correct?

I also noticed you are able to see values from the bikes systems cann these values be changed or are they merely to see them?

So is this cable pkg something you fabricated?

The small program inlcuded in the compressed files, who was the creator?

Are you offering this connection pkg?

More information Please
-Correct! you can upload (.wfl ) original maps.

-yes, read many electrical informations ,error codes and reset.

- I built my self. ( need rs232 female connector, tyco superseal 1.5 series http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/catalog/feat/en/c/10876?BML=10000-S,10734, 1 cable with 3 wires )

-Custom Benelli software from Walbro.

;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Very interested...

Too bad they couldn't have a USB connection. Have you tried with a serial to USB adapter?

I would be very interested in having one made. Could you make more of these?:bow:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Too bad they couldn't have a USB connection. Have you tried with a serial to USB adapter?

I would be very interested in having one made. Could you make more of these?:bow:
A USB to serial cable should work. just make sure the comms port is set correctly. The cable would not be too difficult to make just to obtain the Tyco connectors.(AMP) Mouser have them in stock USA
What I would do is purchase a USB serial cable cut off the serial connector and wire the AMP connector directly to the USB cable using the same pin configuration as Rionero has given.

The 6 pin AMP plug is about $3.50 and the 2 pin is about $1.00
Rionero did the plugs come with terminals or do you have to purchase separately?

Rionero Well done. I see you like playing as well:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMPORTANT!! Diagnostic and Tuneboy

If you have Tuneboy in you ECU, after use the Benelli diagnostic you need to reprogram ( DOWNLOAD ) the Tuneboy map !!!

The Tuneboy cable working well ( com 1 or 2 ) with Diagnostic soft. :)

Saluti.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
How about the connector that plugs into the bikes ECU?

Would you like to make them Paul?
Sure. The connector that plugs into the ecu is the AMP plug that Rionero speaks of.

Rionero if I am using a Tuneboy map and I use the diagnostics, I will then need to reload the Tuneboy map after diagnostics.

If I am running a Benelli Map all is Ok.? Is that correct.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am learning here so bear with me.

Why would you have to reupload the tuneboy map? I figured that once a tuneboy map was installed the ecu would see that map as an "original map".

What happens if I don't reupload the map? Does it get corrupted?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
How about the connector that plugs into the bikes ECU?

Would you like to make them Paul?
Do you have a tuneboy?
Do you have a serial USB cable / adapter
If you have the serial usb adapter it is probably cheaper to go the same route as Rionero. serial cable with diagnostic plugs.
If you want a dedicated USB diagnostic cable you can get a USB serial cable and attach the Diagnostic plugs directly onto this. However it is nice to have a USB serial adapter to connect your LC-1 or any other future serial component.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Rionero have you found a way to read or convert the map that is loaded into the ecu.
In otherwords make a backup and convert it to a readable map or tuneboy map.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
No! Sorry !!!! maybe Mr. Wayne ( TNB ):bow:

We need gentab!!!! with walbro drivers for ours ECU.
Yeah I know Wayne can do it but would be nice if we could do it. Mine was not decoded and is now corrupt.:(
Why do you say you need Gentab "Drivers" I believe the ECU's are the same but maybe with a software lock to stop the access. Are you pursuing Walbro Italy on this. I will try and email them or something. Doubt whether they will reply to English though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
When I use the Gentab and connect with ECU ,he asks the correct driver... GEN_WBE400AI$US.DGN & WBE400AI$US.DDA :(

nb.

I have written many times Walbro, also I call by phone......... they said : there is an agreement with benelli! please don't ask more for these files!! CALL BENELLI !!!! :))))))))

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
When I use the Gentab and connect with ECU ,he asks the correct driver... GEN_WBE400AI$US.DGN & WBE400AI$US.DDA :(
Ahh! I will reload my Gentab and get English version working. Will take a look.
thanks

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
The registry has remembered the language It did not ask me to open a file went straight into Italian with an American file

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I have written many times Walbro, also I call by phone......... they said : there is an agreement with benelli! please don't ask more for these files!! CALL BENELLI !!!! :))))))))
Will Benelli not give the files to allow this.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts