Benelli Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts

Yes Paul, I do have Tuneboy. So I can use tuneboys cable then?:D

I am following this thread closely because I want a way to montior diagnostics on the bike since the great folks at Tuneboy haven't finished the diagnostic portion for the TnT's yet.:doh:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Yes Paul, I do have Tuneboy. So I can use tuneboys cable then?:D

I am following this thread closely because I want a way to montior diagnostics on the bike since the great folks at Tuneboy haven't finished the diagnostic portion for the TnT's yet.:doh:
Is your tuneboy cable a usb cable if so you cannot use it. As it has the plugs connected and some electronic device, that has a tuneboy driver.
We need a serial connection -converted to USB.
If your cable is a serial and you are using an adapter then you can use the adapter.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
So the plugs arrive -no contact pins. Now need to order those.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
So I made some cables and tested them.

I made some screen captures of the Diagnostics.

You have a Console screen that you can select certain functions like RPM , MAP TPS Engine temp and so on. When you run the engine the relevant data will be displayed. You can log this data with datalogger.

There is a second option where you can select the error codes and reset the error codes.
Link to Screen Capture

At the Open option you need to select Device. This is the type of Walbro ECU. Only one type comes with this software so choose it.
Also there is an Options selection which allows you to choose what data you would like to view.

At the Console option you can "start diagnostics" and "change language from Italian to English" and get the "Error codes."

The Com option is to set which coms port you are using. If the unit does not communicate make sure you are running the correct port. Also make sure the ignition and kill switch are on. It will not communicate otherwise.

End of Line. I have not worked this one out yet but I think it might mean disconnect. Bad translation maybe.

I also found that sometimes you have to reload the map after you have played with the diagnostics. I found that I got an error code on the fuel pump for some reason. The bike would not run after this and I downloaded a new map. Possibly you need to use End of line button to disconnect the unit without corrupting data.
Strange because i had the bike running a few times and was going through different options when it occurred. I will play more and see what might cause this. It was nice to have the error though, so that I could do a screen capture to show good and bad errors.
All in all nice to have. This software.
Thanks again to Rionero

·
Registered
786 Posts
I remember rionero963 mentioning that. Right now I only have the original map on the bike. Should that still be an issue? I wonder if there is an updated version of this software:confused:

Keep everyone posted on your results:bow:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
This software is based on the Walbro Gentab software. It takes the Gentab and their diagnostic software and puts it into one package. I do not know whether Benelli created this or Walbro.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Rionero I have been having problems with my connection with the Walbro diagnostic software.

I originally made 2 cables and tested them -and they worked. I then sent them to two other members.
I then made a third one and now I am getting checksum errors. I thought I might have made a mistake so built a fourth cable and am still getting checksum errors. I tried messing with the coms port(2) baud rate flow control and bit rates but nothing would work.

Could you check your comm port setting and give me the values for
Baud rate (19200)
Parity (none)
Data Bits (7 bits)
Stop Bits (1)
Flow control (none)

Thanks

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I use the prolific USB to Serial Comm Port, try change com port.

My configuration:

;)
Thanks for the information. I have tried changing the com port, but will now try another pc. I am also using USB to com port.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I use the Gentab and connect with ECU ,he asks the correct driver... GEN_WBE400AI$US.DGN & WBE400AI$US.DDA :(

nb.

I have written many times Walbro, also I call by phone......... they said : there is an agreement with benelli! please don't ask more for these files!! CALL BENELLI !!!! :))))))))
can you rename or modify default driver for minj400?

·
Registered
33 Posts
i am getting an error when i try to run the diagnostics - "device error .a1ben_04" - any thoughts? i have only plugged in the six pin connector (not the two pin as i understand that is only for writing files) - is this correct?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
i am getting an error when i try to run the diagnostics - "device error .a1ben_04" - any thoughts? i have only plugged in the six pin connector (not the two pin as i understand that is only for writing files) - is this correct?
Hi Ken, try running the 2 pin as well. I think I had to run it as well. been a while since I used the diagnostics. I did have an error with one of my laptops that would not allow me to run the diagnostics. Strange as I have made 3 cables and 2 of them worked on that laptop. tried different port settings and all, but to no avail. I got one of those small netbooks 8.9" screen to use for logging and the diagnostics works fine on this unit.

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Ken, try running the 2 pin as well. I think I had to run it as well. been a while since I used the diagnostics...
i tried the two pin connector but that didn't work either. i know it is connecting because i can pull up some of the data (such as the engine number and v.i.n.).

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
It is getting either

wrong information from your ECU (file format), or there is a hardware/device driver causing transmission error.

For me the diagnostics works only with Aten UC232A USB-to-RS232 (9pin) adapter. The cheap no-name adapters do not work. The computer is XP Home SP3 on an Atom-based mini laptop.

You should check that under the ports (of device manager) the adapter is not in conflict with windows and thereafter check and play with the communications parameters (earlier msgs on this tread have it right). I get any diagnosis without the 2-pin plug connected.

·
Registered
33 Posts
wrong information from your ECU (file format), or there is a hardware/device driver causing transmission error.

For me the diagnostics works only with Aten UC232A USB-to-RS232 (9pin) adapter. The cheap no-name adapters do not work. The computer is XP Home SP3 on an Atom-based mini laptop.

You should check that under the ports (of device manager) the adapter is not in conflict with windows and thereafter check and play with the communications parameters (earlier msgs on this tread have it right). I get any diagnosis without the 2-pin plug connected.
thanks for the insight. i am using a keyspan usb/serial adapter which has always worked well in the past. but as i mentioned, i can talk to the ecu but i can't run the diagnostics. i'm guessing that my bike (u.s. 2008 tre-k amazonas) might have updated software and require a different file.

·
Registered
13 Posts
loading new map

hi is someone able to tell me how to wipe and reload a map on a walbro ecu for a tnt 07 and where i can get a map from. I made one of the cables up for diagnostics and that works well think the map got a bug then the bat was flat. any help would be great.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Damn!

hi is someone able to tell me how to wipe and reload a map on a walbro ecu for a tnt 07 and where i can get a map from. I made one of the cables up for diagnostics and that works well think the map got a bug then the bat was flat. any help would be great.
When running these diagnostics the Map becomes disabled, if you read through the threads you would have picked this up. You can try and use the file (WinDldoem)that came with this diagnostic software and download it using the CNS_WBE400AI$US.dcnfile.

I do not know what year map this is though.
Best is to use tunedit and download the 07 map

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just want to read the data from from the ECU, like "paul" showed in the gallery, so the 6pin connector should be enough, if I understand the hole thematik. An nothing can happen to the orig. Map on the bike.

Is this correct ? :bow:

21 - 40 of 74 Posts