Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. I've been facing this issue recently. My radiator fan is not working properly . Its spinning for like 5 seconds and turning off. And most of the times it doesn't even start at all. Coz of this ,the engine temperature is going high ..like above 100 and the coolant is being leaked down through the pipe...
I've tried these solutions, but the problem hasn't been sorted out.
1. Replaced to a new Thermostat sensor near the radiator..
2.Replaced to a new engine sensor under the Throttle body...

I've spoken to the Benelli service guy...he said that the engine gasket needs to be replaced ..and i gotta wait like a month for that part to arrive... Anyways I just wanna know if this is the possible fix for it.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey.. I've been facing this issue recently. My radiator fan is not working properly . Its spinning for like 5 seconds and turning off. And most of the times it doesn't even start at all. Coz of this ,the engine temperature is going high ..like above 100 and the coolant is being leaked down through the pipe...

I've spoken to the Benelli service guy...he said that the engine gasket needs to be replaced ..and i gotta wait like a month for that part to arrive... Anyways I just wanna know if this is the possible fix for it.
Hi the way to see is the head gasket has gone is to start the bike from totally cold and check for pressure coming out of the radiator cap or lots visible bubbles rising to the top also .

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi the way to see is the head gasket has gone is to start the bike from totally cold and check for pressure coming out of the radiator cap or lots visible bubbles rising to the top also .
Heyy Rick. I've also checked this earlier while installing the sensor , but i cudn't see any air bubbles rising up. Althopugh will try to check it again tomorrow. Thanks

· Registered
6 Posts

Have you tested the fan can do that on the bike see if it works ?
I would get the fan working then check back for there .
I Have cut in the rad hose a hollow connector with a sensor T d off it [Lazarda sells them with clips ]. From that sensor wires l have fitted a cut switch so l can put the fan on manually . One can keep the engine heat under control .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.