Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!! i need your help...

I have opportunity to buy benelli tornado 900 RS rebuild to L.E. version. It looks, there is everything like on original L.E., only plate with #... is missing. what do you think about it?!?

VIN is ZBNTB00024P100067 - maybe someone knows something about this nelli

thanx,
david

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looks nice m8 if the price is right you should not pay too much over a 900 Tre but the Olins and carbon would be worth the premium

·
1,231 Posts
checking

Ill check my frame number today. That frame number sounds like an LE frame. If it is it yould be LE #67 and not a rebuilt RS.

·
5,934 Posts
Ill check my frame number today. That frame number sounds like an LE frame. If it is it would be LE #67 and not a rebuilt RS.
Unlikely to be an LE, I think. The VIN says its an RS, built in 2004.
Haven't seen an LE VIN though. I'd be interested in what your VIN is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice m8 if the price is right you should not pay too much over a 900 Tre but the Olins and carbon would be worth the premium
I´m a little scared, if there is everything "legal" with this bike, becouse as I found here in Benelli forum, it is not easy to get original LE parts!!!
And then, this bike has only 800km - looks like there was changed operating unit too (from RS to normal TRE). So, i don´t know, what happened with this bike before... :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any LE's gone missing?
What's the engine number?
B3 .......
hopefully till end of this week I will see this bike again and I will have a look. First time I saw it, I was like in nirvana :) And i didn´t have a lots of info, which I get in this GREAT forum.

·
3,085 Posts
its not a RS

no black painted frame or black anodised swingarm. maybe someone flodded off a LE as a tre, but why, insurance con??, ask GianCarlo Galasso at the factory in Italy, his email contract (the PR contact) is on the benelli factory website, he will be able to tell you what the frame and engines numbers are for ALL Le's, give him the frame and engine #'s off that one to have it checked first.

·
1,231 Posts
Le

Yes there was an LE stolen here inthe UK. Contact Lloyd or Russ and they may have some details. There is someone selling a few LE parts but he purchased them from the guy who was in Italy selling them. Unsure what LE they are originally from but was told that they were off an LE that was converted to a race bike. Wierd for someone to convert an LE but whetever they want to do.

Anyway, my VIN is ZBNB300012P100131. Anyone have breakdowns of what the digits in different spots signifies?

If I were thinking of purchasing it I would want to speak to the actual person who did the change-over. Then I would ask questions as to why they changed and original owner/color questions etc. I imagine buying the body parts would be very expensive and not owrth the change-over.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no black painted frame or black anodised swingarm. maybe someone flodded off a LE as a tre, but why, insurance con??, ask GianCarlo Galasso at the factory in Italy, his email contract (the PR contact) is on the benelli factory website, he will be able to tell you what the frame and engines numbers are for ALL Le's, give him the frame and engine #'s off that one to have it checked first.
could you give me email contact for that guy?? i found on Benelli web only email [email protected] but unfortunatelly nobody answered me :(

·
3,085 Posts
thats one

or try [email protected]
Giancarlo will respond in a day or two, I find it VERY suspicious why a LE would have the Frame ID plate missing :confused: If your in europe give the factory a call in business hours, Giancarlo speaks english.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it don´t have plate with number, becouse this bike was "born" like RS and then rebuilt to L.E.
story is, that some rich guy in Swirzerland (probably Geneva) bought Benelli RS in 06/2004, then found, that LE is "something better" and he let someone to make from RS LE model. but it took long time and he bought another bike and thisone was for sale (around 06/2005). third person bought it just for bussines and he is selling it now (only selling, no riding)...that´s all what i know:(

·
1,231 Posts
Mine

I am not sure where the guy was going with the black frame ad swingarm issue but here is mine for comparison purposes. One of these will set you back 12,500 - 13,000 British Pounds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
price

requested price is around 11000 euro. which is for LE too low, but for rebuilt RS with unclear history too big risk :(

·
1,841 Posts
To change an RS to a LE would need 1) frame 2)subframe 3)forks 4)fairings
5)seat 6)petrol tank 7)air ducts 8)front brakes 9)wheels 10)exhaustpipes 11)silencer 12)dry clutch 13)engine internals ?14) dashboard. Plus probably a lot more, it simply would be madness to do !!! It would cost more than the price of a new LE.:confused: :confused:
PS that looks like a LE frame (it looks like the adjustable bit at swingingarm pivot)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts