Benelli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now guys, please dont question my resources - but I have it on reliable (ish) information that when Bennetts (for bike insurance !) adverts appear on TV later on this year, I am of the understanding that a Benelli Tornado will be fairly predominant in the ad campaign.

Keep an eye out.

Filming of the commercials are in 2 weeks time !

Should be good for the Benelli brand eh ?

Kurt

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Thanks for the 'heads up' Kurt.....................I'ts a pity they decided to use the wrong colour of Tornado in their Ad though:rolling: (unless they are gonna shoot it in good old B&W!!!)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahahaha Lawrence - very funny

Apararently they cant use the green as it distorts the camera lens into a blurry mushy pea type view :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Apparently they wanted my old bike (yellow firestorm) but told them I dont have that anymore and sent a pic of my Nelli - they said - OK we still want you !

I dont know how much of the flannel I have had over the phone - I guess I will only find out what the real deal is when I go in 2 weeks time

Then again, a mate of mine who used to live in NZ was supposed to play an extra with a few speaking parts in Lord of the Rings - he spent something like 3 weeks on set - and I had to re-watch the film about 6 times to see him - oh his speaking part was to 'chant' something or other !!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Apparently they wanted my old bike (yellow firestorm)

Well now Kurty mi old mate-the obvious answer is to use my YELLOW RS bit like your old bike & a bit like your current bike......well it was worth a try

:bow: ALL HAIL THE YELLOW RS:bow:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Apparently they wanted my old bike (yellow firestorm) but told them I dont have that anymore and sent a pic of my Nelli - they said - OK we still want you !

I have have a firestorm and a nelli for lots of money they can have both together if they like :ele: :ele: :ele:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lloyd- OK then mate - If you insist and grovel and clean my shoes for the next six months - Then I will take your MV instead :doh:

Anyway - off now to watch WSB Qatar :D :clap:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanna be on TV ??

Now then guys,
Following the starting post on this thread - I have now received the agenda for the filming of the Bennetts advertising campaign.

Apparantly they want a 'few' more bikes to feature in the large group shoot scenes - so if any of you guys want to feature in the advert and are free next Saturday and / or Sunday and can get to North Wales then drop me line and I will pass the info onto the organisers

(the more nelli's the better me thinks :D )

·
463 Posts
Kurt, how did the filming go? i headed out that way on Sunday morning but ended up getting recovery home (rear puncture).

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kurt, how did the filming go? i headed out that way on Sunday morning but ended up getting recovery home (rear puncture).
Hi Hector - It went pretty good actually - the 1st day (Sat) was bit boring in the morning - Stuck in a field having a ‘mass bike scene’ – there was around 200 bikes there and according to the director, when the ad is edited then it should look like around 1000 bikes – but being stuck in a field for 4 hours was pretty crap – but it got better after that – went to the Menai Bridge – the police closed it off whilst we filmed on there – that was good except for the 2 bikes that clipped each other (no one seriously hurt tho – it made it onto BBC Wales website tho)
Sunday was very good – in Llandudno filming on theGreat Orme pass and the coastal road there, then on the A55 thru the tunnels whilst the police had a rolling roadblock. – Similar on Monday too – but only 1 dozen bikes there on that day
All in all it was a very good experience and glad that I did it.
Now you gotta wait for the ads that wrap around the bike racing on Eurosport and Motors TV etc mid April ! (but I get a ‘behind the scenes’ DVD just before April 9th)

It should do the Benelli brand some good with it featuring prominent in the Ad (well I hope it does - wont know fully till I see the ad !)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have had an email stating that from this Friday morning on the Bennetts.co.uk website there should be a link that takes you to a microsite (what ever that is??) and there should be video and photos from Bennetts 2007 ad campaign on there.

Keep an eye out for a common looking bike known as a Benelli Tornado that should feature on there !

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kurt the tart

Just thought I'd log on and say 'Hi'

Got to see your arse disappearing down an alley during the WSB coverage last night....; Fnarr fnarr

I hope my crash bungs and can cover star in the other ones or else!!!!!!

Just about to check out the micro site

You luvvie! you

Heh heh heh
<Edit>

Videos bit only has ads from about 2 years ago on it....worraloadashite...Kurt phone em up and give em hell...or have you got an agent to do that for you now??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts