Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 Benelli Tornado TRE LE #101 of 150...

Im wanting to know what reliability issues these LE bike have if any....Ive gone through a lost of posts and have found discussions on problems with the std and other Benelli models, but have not come across much info on the LE bikes...

Any replys are greatly appriciated. Im trying to decide if I should ride my LE or just leave it in new condition as a collector item. I have a dozen other bikes In can ride if I feel the need for it....if the LE Benellis are prone to breaking down, then Ill not put any time on it....

thanks

:)

:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LE

I have LE number 131...congrats mate! I havent had any reliability issues yet (knock on wood) and havent heard of any yet with the LEs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: LE

So....Mr. JonnyRotten....how many miles/km(s) are on your LE???...

Some one else on here was asking how many LEs there were...my understanding is that only 150 total were made....# 150 of 150 belongs to a buddy here in the states...

The Benelli Tornado LE is such a sweet bike...I bought it over an MV ....now the MV is also on my want list, but Im trying to thin out my collection of off road race bikes before I get anything more....Im literally out of room. My garage is full of bikes,and so is my enclosed patio out back...next they will be taking over my studio/carrage house and/or the living rooms of the house.....

To many toys....But the Benelli will be growing old with me...its a keeper for sure

thanks
;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LE Experience

Hello

I also have an LE which I take out for long blasts every (dry) weekend and have clocked up 3000 miles so far this year. I have not encountered any real problems except the following;

- A slight oil weap from the oil seal behind the dry clutch which leaves an oil haze on the fairing (part has been on back order for 10 weeks now and is a nightmare).

- Slight oil leak from the cam cover (but then this may be common on all models).

- The o'rings in the rear seat unit where the seat lugs locate often move around as the holes in the bodywork are too large.

Other than that there may be mechanical problems but to be honest it would notice them due to the sheer onslaught of mechanical noise when the running.

Lovely! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JRs bike

Mr Johnyrottin has only plugged a whoppin 197 on his #131. I know I know....to little. I also have a 100th anniversry Harley that I enjoy riding. Sad but true. I just sold my Ducati so I should be riding the nelli more and more since the Duc was my milage monster.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol

For those of you who don't know Niquem lives a few towns from me here in jolly ol' england. He came by on his love red RS and chewed the fat with myself and a mate who bought my old biposto. I had 4 bikes the being the Duc, the green/silver biposto, the LE, and the Harley. Man is tough making the choice of which to ride but i love having that problem. Anyway, I had a massive warehouse liquidation sale and flogged the Duc to a mate who took it back to the USA and a mate who lives about 100 meters or so from my house. I am keeping the LE and the Harley hell or high water. The missus says if I get another Ducati I'll be getting a Du-vorce. I am sure gonna miss her.

See ya guys and keep the wheels the right way on the ground.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: lol

Man I could only but wish to have a 'collection' of bikes. The LE would be a dream!! Think I'd just keep it in the lounge - funny though I live on a 1st floor flat, bloody big lounge but gettin it up them stairs would be tricky. Oh well heres for dreaming... >D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: LE

So....Mr. JonnyRotten....how many miles/km(s) are on your LE???...

Some one else on here was asking how many LEs there were...my understanding is that only 150 total were made....# 150 of 150 belongs to a buddy here in the states...

The Benelli Tornado LE is such a sweet bike...I bought it over an MV ....now the MV is also on my want list, but Im trying to thin out my collection of off road race bikes before I get anything more....Im literally out of room. My garage is full of bikes,and so is my enclosed patio out back...next they will be taking over my studio/carrage house and/or the living rooms of the house.....

To many toys....But the Benelli will be growing old with me...its a keeper for sure

thanks
;)
i own one in CA and its for sale 612-267-1815 only selling to beneli die hards which is yall!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 2003 Benelli Tornado TRE LE #101 of 150...

Im wanting to know what reliability issues these LE bike have if any....Ive gone through a lost of posts and have found discussions on problems with the std and other Benelli models, but have not come across much info on the LE bikes...

Any replys are greatly appriciated. Im trying to decide if I should ride my LE or just leave it in new condition as a collector item. I have a dozen other bikes In can ride if I feel the need for it....if the LE Benellis are prone to breaking down, then Ill not put any time on it....

thanks

:b
they are not reliable at all, bt thats bc they decided to pull pff triple pipes and nobbody does that..

·
Registered
5 Posts
the tornado is infamous for breaking down but that is becaue they are one of a kind and a rare antique

·
Registered
5 Posts
they are not reliable at all, bt thats bc they decided to pull pff triple pipes and nobbody does that..
and also id ride it, because they are dipearinging, but if you dont need the money keep it, theyre only ggoing up in price as one of the onnly bike with triples

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
the tornado is infamous for breaking down but that is becaue they are one of a kind and a rare antique
I beg to differ on that. Treat them good and they are no worse than any other bike. LE's included

·
Registered
47 Posts
As Laurence said, look after it, change the oil regularly and make sure all the well documented mods etc are done and it will run and ride as reliably as anything else, mechanically the LE is virtually the same as standard just with a dry clutch and a few high end chassis parts, get it on the road and enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've not got one ... But if you want to ride then do it ! .. after all its been Made to ride . Forget about the garage queen status and enjoy it 🤘👍

1 - 20 of 20 Posts