Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was yesterday in the little Scottish village of Ballater basking on the village green in my smug Benelli glory, when this gent comes running out of the local shop all excited about seeing a Benelli Tornado ..... starts taking photo's of my LE .... cue me telling him how rare they are, this is the LE and the only one north or the border ...... one of 150 ..... carbon this ... magnesium that .... you wont see many of these around ...... blah blah blah ......

No sooner were those last fateful words out of my mouth and I hear rumble rumble rumble coming into the village .... I look up to see a Benelli Tornado (green and silver so identical to make matters worse) rolling through town with a yellow and black Suzuki in tow. :doh:

Guy looks as me as if I am the biggest twat on the planet and walks off.

I would have given chase to said Tornado, but I was only half way through my Magnum ice lolly and was rooted to the spot.

So ...... who was that in Ballater yesterday? Could you let me know where you are going and when you will be there the next time :)

Could not get parked for the bloody things in Ballater yesterday. I'm getting a Jap 600 if this keeps up.

;)

Cheers ......

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Might have been Bob. I know he was having a wee jaunt up that way. Did you manage to get any pics of the GSXR? Rare as white dog shite those things:rolling:

Al (Looking for white shite):D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Al,

The Suzuki was too fast to get a photo ..... but I did get a good photo of a white dog shit that I found just behind the church there .... it was just one of those lucky days I suppose ... :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Might have been Bob. I know he was having a wee jaunt up that way.... :rolling:

Al (Looking for white shite):D
Nope not I.
I was up in the Highlands only for the Bank Hol weekend, came back late Monday.
Checked out Ballater on Google maps and didn't get there. Went up via Stirling, got lost LOL and took A91 then M90 to Perth. A9 to Pitlochry, Dalwhinnie A889, then A86 to Spean Bridge -good road! :D, A82, A87 to Shiel Bridge.

Over weekend went over to Lochcarron, Applecross then round that coast to Shieldaig before a desperate run back to Shiel Bridge in search of petrol. 100mile range is a prob up there!!

On the a glorious Monday I went over to Skye, ferry from ardrosser to Mallaig, Fort William, Glencoe, Crianlarich, Lochearnheead then home via Stirling. Great roads and wonderful scenary, all in the sunshine.

Tornado was marvellous ran like a Swiss time piece :ele:
p.s. tyres are now sh**ged :rolling:
p.p.s. beware there is a GATSO camera hidden in trees on the Perth to Pitlochry road on a very quick downhill section. Fantastic brakes ...think I got away with it.

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
There I was sitting in my car on the Edinburgh City bypass about 7:30 on Tuesday morning and a Green and Silver Tornado the same as mine came past. I have seen a picture of Laurences' bike so I know it wasn't him ... .

Racing at East Fortune this weekend so any Benelli people who happen to be around are welcome to pop by for a brew. Early Stocks Yamaha RD350 No 169.

Mike

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
So there I was yesterday in the little Scottish village of Ballater basking on the village green in my smug Benelli glory, when this gent comes running out of the local shop all excited about seeing a Benelli Tornado ..... starts taking photo's of my LE .... cue me telling him how rare they are, this is the LE and the only one north or the border ...... one of 150 ..... carbon this ... magnesium that .... you wont see many of these around ...... blah blah blah ......

No sooner were those last fateful words out of my mouth and I hear rumble rumble rumble coming into the village .... I look up to see a Benelli Tornado (green and silver so identical to make matters worse) rolling through town with a yellow and black Suzuki in tow. :doh:

I would have given chase to said Tornado, but I was only half way through my Magnum ice lolly and was rooted to the spot.

So ...... who was that in Ballater yesterday? Could you let me know where you are going and when you will be there the next time :)

Could not get parked for the bloody things in Ballater yesterday. I'm getting a Jap 600 if this keeps up.

;)

Cheers ......

Move! for example up here, you'll never see anybody :ele:

·
Registered
512 Posts

;)

Cheers ......
Could have been my Tornado but the girlfriend was riding it followed by her dad on a dark blue, yellow and white fireblade. Surprised I didn't spot you as I was following closely and slightly nervously behind in the car.

Had another blast last night out to Aboyne and swapped bikes halfway. Very impressed with the Fireblade...a totally different experience to the Nelli.

Pleased to say the girlfriend's dad was most impressed with mine...he commented on how it was still pulling at 140mph....68 year old hooligan! Needless to say I was some way behind!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep .....that was you then,

I kind of thought it was a girl riding it, but did not want to say so just incase it was not and I offended someone :rolling:

Cheers ....

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yep .....that was you then,

I kind of thought it was a girl riding it, but did not want to say so just incase it was not and I offended someone :rolling:

Cheers ....
You'd be perfectly entitled to offend me if I was spotted wearing pink riding gloves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts