Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long wait, I am excited to see the TRK 800 project come to fruition.

It will sit just above the TRK 502 to compete with the Ténéré 700, F850 GS and the recently arrived Aprilia Tuareg 660.

Benelli promises that it will continue with its economical pricing policy. However, this does not mean that the bike is of poor quality.

Some of its features are: Marzocchi adjustable suspension, tubeless spoked wheels (19" front and 17" rear), high capacity fuel tank (21 litres), tubular steel trellis chassis, Brembo braking system, 7" TFT display, DLR LED lighting and will use the 754 hp 75 hp in-line twin-cylinder engine.

I think the design is beautiful. The surfaces are very well worked.

Personally:

I was expecting a bit more from the 754 cc inline twin engine, at least 90 hp. We'll have to wait to test it to see how it feels with the 226 kg declared by Benelli.

I think the design is beautiful, but not the chosen colour combination. It looks a bit like a toy bike.

I would have liked to see it with a 21" front wheel and a bit more suspension travel.

I'm looking forward to the prices. Rumour has it that it will be around 9.000 €.

I think it's a very interesting bike to consider when buying an average adventurer.

Reactions: R Powell and Rick67

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks good and they seem to be making efforts to keep the weight down, I'll be keen to see one when they arrive in the UK

·
6,029 Posts
and they seem to be making efforts to keep the weight down
226 kg is keeping the weight down?
The 900 Tornado triple is 205 kg.
Its an 800 twin - it should be under 200. The Meriden Bonny was 200kg, and that used 1970's technology - FIFTY years ago. If QJ were trying even a little bit, & used current metal technology, it would be closer to 180.
They've lost their way & managed to bring the motorcycling community with them!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts