Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says... Is your Benelli your only bike?
How much riding do you do and what do you use it for?

If it's not your only bike.. what else do you have?

Since, I am asking the question:

I have 3 bikes. Tornado RS, 2006 R1 and a recently bought Ducati 900 Superlight..
Don't commute as I workk from home and have a couple of cars but like to travel as far and wide as possible. Rain / shine. European trips / trackdays. Approx 8-10K pa

Over to you!

:bow:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Interesting post

2007 TnT Sport -- Unfortunately gets ridden very little too many problems so far.

2003 Buell Blast 500cc -- gets ridden every other day Rain/Shine

2003 Italjet 50cc Dragster -- gets ridden every other day Rain/Shine

I rotate between the Buell and the Italjet everyday to work Rain/Shine. I haven't driven my car to work in over two years.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unfortunately my CR is my only bike.

But because it is, I've been getting to ride lots of other bikes from the dealer. Currently I'm on an Aprilia Shiver.

·
5,934 Posts
Novocentro Tre - use it every day for a 50 km commute. Biennial trips to PI and another long weekend if I can arrange it.

Don't have a car, and trying to borrow the missus' C4 is a very painful exercise, so it's either Nell, or Shank's Pony.

I've got a VF750 in the shed, in a million parts. Bought it that way 10 years ago, together with an almost together duplicate. The duplicate threw me down the road several months before I bought Nell. Hence I'm not that keen on putting the other one together!

·
442 Posts
TNT Sport 2006 21,480km

Kawasaki Z1000 2008 2,864KM

No car,but a VW work van to cart the fish around.

try to get out on the nelli every saterday and sometime sunday's.sunshine / abit of rain / trackdays.(only Oran park so far)want to do more.

my Bro rides the Z1000 and we swap and change (sometimes)

Been to phillip island 3 time and again this year in october 3-5.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
I guess I qualify as a fanatic, this is what I currently have in the garage:

1997 Bimota 500 V-Due (never registered)
1998 Ducati 748 monoposto (30k miles, now my track bike)
1999 Bimota DB4 (11k miles)
2000 Aprilia RSV-R (35k miles)
2004 MV Agusta F4 Brutale 750 (10k miles)
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre (9k miles)
2006 BMW R1200GS (11k miles)

So far, no trouble with any of these bikes (knock on wood)

·
Registered
404 Posts
well a Couple

BMW R1100S 28K Miles
Tornado RS (red of Course) 10K Miles

Oh and a Red (Tornado Red - strangly) Golf not used much

Fair weather days and trackdays on the RS, the beemer gets treated a little bit more as a hack, but again not usually when it is raining.

Can I claim the most Commerical Air Miles (I can't compete with Johnny Rotten - with his company jet !) as I fly each week :)

·
349 Posts
Triumph Sprint ST 1050. 2005 21k Had from new no problems.Use most days.
Benelli Tre 903. 2006 6k Had from new.2 clutches.Still very rattly.Dont use as much as i would like.Missus still loves it though.
Benelli TNT. 2004 11k Had from 12 months old.Only had minor problems with it.Absoloutely love it.Try to use it most days.Most of the time on the TNT is on my own because Lou does find it a challenge to stay on it.How can you ride a TNT gently.Impossible!.I have changed the TNT to look like a Titanium.
Honda CRX Targa car.1993 To get to work when it is raining or in the depths of winter.
Ford Focus Supercharged Show car with Lambo doors and red leather etc.Finished in Lambo Muircelago Yellow.Had for 4 years.Now up for sale.
BMW 325 Convertible.2003.Wifes car.
I only do 3000 miles a year in my own car but a few more at weekends in the BMW.
We do about 12-18k miles a year on the bikes.
Zebo.:)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Have the Tornado and a bandit 600. Tornado gets more miles but Bandit does the camping trips ;-) Have a company car for the boring stuff, but work from home mainly so none of them get much mileage to be fair.

Col

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Tornado tre (Green and Silver) bought new this year .. just love it .. brought the fun back to biking for me.

Yamaha RD350 race bike . currently in lots of bits. Yamaha RD400 race bike - should be rebuilt in the next day or two .. awaiting return of barrels from Fahron.

Recently departed: Harris TZ, GasGas ec 200 enduro bike, Scorpa 125 trials bike. (All sold to fund the Tornado).

Currently negotiating a 'reliable' race bike for next year .. at least its green and silver!!

http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=739&stc=1&d=1220433027

·
Registered
512 Posts
The Benelli Tornado Tre in Green and Silver of course - the wife's Yamaha R6 which I bought and seem to be responsible for keeping dry and clean so consider mine although I rarely use it...why would I if the Benelli is working????

Chrylser 300c (Touring version to fit the mutts in)in black and 22inch rims .... only had for a month or so but loving it...and the wife drives a Seat Altea which we also got about a month ago - traded in her MG for it as it just wasn't practical only having one dog friendly car.

Car is main mode of transport although the Benelli gets used for commuting to work as much as possible over the summer if I don't have any meetings that I need to drive to. Had a brief flirtation with cycling to work but at 15miles each way I found it a bit too far and by the time I got home I was wrecked...also think it brought on a huge cyst on my butt:rolling: which stopped me riding the Benelli for a couple of weeks so that's a no no from now on!!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
im a trek owner since 02/08 great bike replaced my trashed buell and nightrod its great normaly we ride all year all weathers but due to the GUY WHO DID NOT SEE ME AND KNOCKED ME OFF IM OFF BIKES FOR A FEW MOUNTHS but nornaly 10 k plus

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brilliant feedback, thanks guys...
I was keen to find out of us Benelli owners, how your bike fits into your life :ele:

Chosen only mode of transport / only bike but have a car or use of a car / a second or third bike or whatever...

Cheers! :bow:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tornado tre (Green and Silver) bought new this year .. just love it .. brought the fun back to biking for me.

Yamaha RD350 race bike . currently in lots of bits. Yamaha RD400 race bike - should be rebuilt in the next day or two .. awaiting return of barrels from Fahron.

Recently departed: Harris TZ, GasGas ec 200 enduro bike, Scorpa 125 trials bike. (All sold to fund the Tornado).

Currently negotiating a 'reliable' race bike for next year .. at least its green and silver!!

http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=739&stc=1&d=1220433027
An MZ Mike?! good stuff! :clap:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I qualify as a fanatic, this is what I currently have in the garage:

1997 Bimota 500 V-Due (never registered)
1998 Ducati 748 monoposto (30k miles, now my track bike)
1999 Bimota DB4 (11k miles)
2000 Aprilia RSV-R (35k miles)
2004 MV Agusta F4 Brutale 750 (10k miles)
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre (9k miles)
2006 BMW R1200GS (11k miles)

So far, no trouble with any of these bikes (knock on wood)
You certainly do qualify as a fanatic! :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
2007 TNT Sport, 6000km mostly trouble free.

-after waiting 5 weeks for a water pump I purchased a 2005 Honda VFR with 50,000km on it. Those thing go forever.

·
Registered
71 Posts
bikes

Bought a Green/Silver Tre this year-amazing.
Also have 2006 green ZX6R for buzzing about on.Hoping to do a couple of track days on this next year. Only do about 2-3k miles per year.
Will never sell Benelli-dream bike!:bow:

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
An MZ Mike?! good stuff! :clap:
Yes - it is an MZ1000s. This particular one did a 110mph lap round the IOM. Not bad for a bog standard twin. Evidently there are a number of these racing on the continent including endurance racing and there has never been an engine failure. What appeals to me is that it is a bit different and I can enter it in classes where things are little calmer. (ie.. for old codgers like me who don't have to win). I have first option on it .. will need to wait and see.

Also just unearthed a Ducati 851 ... tempted but I know what the repair bills can be like. Still pining :( for my last 900ss ... ! Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
Me

No car - no driving licence,

05 Tornado RS,
02 R1100RT (project),
94 K1100LT (breaking)..

Ride to work ~ 40 mile round trip,
done about 10k on the RS this year,
probably do about 5-6k on the RT over the winter months.

Wife has a car for shopping, carrying the dog, etc..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts