Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that aftermarket Yamaha R6 slip on exhaust fit the standard Benelli Tornado TRE bikes.

My question is directed to the Benelli Tornado TRE LE (Limited Edition) owners;

Will the aftermarket Yamaha R6 slip on exhausts fit the LE ? Or is there a difference with the LE exhaust that requires a different crossover bike to fit?

If the Yamaha R6 exhausts will not fit the LE....then what does fit?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
have to admit i've wrote a reply to this thread and kept changing it (about ten times !) so here goes , people have used the stubby remus can after using a small adaption piece along with a bracket to suit the different hanger area mount . this exhaust was supplied by russ from Bennetts so if you can contact him i'm sure he'd love to supply whatever you need . note the small stubby can for the R6 was the later shaped model although plenty of guys here have used the Micron shaped R6 can as well also for the later model . lots of different options are out there and not sounding like a sales guy for Extreme but the MotoGP pipe designed by our very own erroll :bow: suits very well against the polished swingarm of the Tre or LE and looks stunning . Good Luck and if you need any help with the choice feel free to pm .​

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
If the Yamaha R6 exhausts will not fit the LE....then what does fit?
Not sure what you're after. Sounds like you want an alternative ...for the LE??
Unusual request, but would suggest the LE's own titanium race can, weighs nothing and sounds glorious. And the mapping was made for it.

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what you're after. Sounds like you want an alternative ...for the LE??
Unusual request, but would suggest the LE's own titanium race can, weighs nothing and sounds glorious. And the mapping was made for it.
I have always disliked the right sided tree trunk sized exhaust can on the otherwise unflawed Tornado TRE design.

Benelli should have carried over its design brilliance to include a unique exhaust terminous.....the large log of a muffler must have been an afterthought....and in my opinion really ruins the look of the bike.

I have been looking into all the options I can find regarding aftermarket items to fix this screw up on Benelli's part.

I also have gotten my hands on a large number of titanium exhaust pieces, including different bends and brackets so I can construct a custom exhaust that would go from the stock headers to the exhaust tips......most likely with some sort of 3 tip design, either on the right, or maybe under the tail......:)

I have seen that many Benelli Tornado TRE owners have come up with some great exhaust upgrades....but I am still looking and also still designing some options.

I have enough titanium exhaust tubes and bends than I can weld up a few different exhaust replacements to pick from. And I am lucky to have a great titanium welder/fabricator friend who has volunteered to help when I am ready.

So maybe in the next few months Ill have something unique to show and tell......:)

Thanks for all the help so far everyone.....

Happy Holidays

P.S.......I still welcome any additional thought from the group.....

:bow:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
When I 1st saw the Remus can it was on Russ's LE - so I know it physically fits - but I think Russ fettled around for a year or so tweeking a map to suit the Remus can
I recall him saying that tickover on the LE was 3500rpm or something like that when the R6 Remus can was fitted

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Sounds like an interesting project mate, I certainly would like to see what you come up with, especially with a titanium exhaust made and designed by yourself, make sure you take some photo's along the way,

and good luck, I hope it turns out good,

:ele:

I have always disliked the right sided tree trunk sized exhaust can on the otherwise unflawed Tornado TRE design.

Benelli should have carried over its design brilliance to include a unique exhaust terminous.....the large log of a muffler must have been an afterthought....and in my opinion really ruins the look of the bike.

I have been looking into all the options I can find regarding aftermarket items to fix this screw up on Benelli's part.

I also have gotten my hands on a large number of titanium exhaust pieces, including different bends and brackets so I can construct a custom exhaust that would go from the stock headers to the exhaust tips......most likely with some sort of 3 tip design, either on the right, or maybe under the tail......:)

I have seen that many Benelli Tornado TRE owners have come up with some great exhaust upgrades....but I am still looking and also still designing some options.

I have enough titanium exhaust tubes and bends than I can weld up a few different exhaust replacements to pick from. And I am lucky to have a great titanium welder/fabricator friend who has volunteered to help when I am ready.

So maybe in the next few months Ill have something unique to show and tell......:)

Thanks for all the help so far everyone.....

Happy Holidays

P.S.......I still welcome any additional thought from the group.....

:bow:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts