Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I regret to inform you that a major fire has destroyed the shop next door to mine and in the process potentially put me out of business for the rest of the summer. The fire happened last night 16/06/09 and lasted approx 7 hours I am devastated. The property was undergoing a re-fit and it appears that a electric device was left on and over heater which started the fire.

The fire managed to get hold of my roof and in the process has engulfed the shop in smoke and then over 100 gallons of water from the fantastic fire service has then flooded the building then causing the ceilings to collapse. I managed to clear the bikes from the showroom but the rest is history. I am gutted.

I'm not sure how long we will be closed but we will try our best to keep you on the road and any questions or queries you have please email us.

[email protected]
[email protected]

I am really gutted!!
View attachment 1533

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
Omfg...............

·
Fyule
697 Posts
dear god Russ, really sorry to hear about this. Good luck with getting everything sorted out. I presume that everyone is OK, including the guard dog.
Fraser

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
A tradegy Russ, gutted for you mate.
We wish you well and will put as much business your way as you are to cope with to help you back on your feet.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Jeez thats awful news Russ I hope the damage turns out to be not as bad as it looks and the insurance pays out in a timely manner so you can get back on your feet.

Col

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Russ Very sad state of affairs .
Now you endure the piles of paper work and telphone calls to remedy this .
im sure on an up note providing insured you can only rise from the ashes to a greater presence than the great one this forum always states.

Use this to your advantage chin up as they say .

I have been in a similar situation before and it is these sort of tests that make us stronger and wiser .

Regards
Richard m

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
A tradegy Russ, gutted for you mate.
We wish you well and will put as much business your way as you are to cope with to help you back on your feet.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto Steve's comment - Totally gutted for you fella :(

I think I speak for a good number of guys on here - but if there is anything that we can do to help - just shout up fella.

So then..........
Do you have any 'smoke damaged' bikes going cheap ??? :D
(Seriously though, I am looking for a cheap ish bike around £1500 - something like a ZX6, CBR600 or even a SV650)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry to hear of the problems you are having at the moment Russ.

I am sure all our thoughts on the forum are with you....

Hope you get back to normal real soon.

Cheers Al

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
My God Russ Absolutely gutted to hear this news , please dont hesitate if you need help just call me if i can help in anyway . Readily open to moving things or cleaning up . I hope everything goes quickly but again any help i can give i'm available night or day .

·
Registered
736 Posts
Holy crap Russ :doh:
When you take a step back and look at it in a day or so I`m sure it wont be as bad as it seems today.
As others have said, if there is anything that we can do just let us know.
I`m sure we could all help in one way or another.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Russ, so sorry to hear about this. I hope that things work out for the best in the end and you get back in business as quickly as possible. Although we've never met, I know from posts on this forum that you're a first-class guy and don't deserve to have this happen. Seems like bad things always happen to good people. Hang in there buddy!

·
Registered
271 Posts
sad news Russ, but good to read nobody's hurted. If you think about relocating, come south mate ;)

Keep us posted with the progress, I am sure it will be fine as a Phoenix would do.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Gutted Russ,
although this is a good oportunity to set up in the SOUTH !!!

Seriously glad no one was hurt thou, I hope the insurance goes through painlessly

brgds

Mark

·
1,231 Posts
Holy...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your crew. Thankfully no person was injured. Russ, if you need to get away from there for sanity's sake my home's doors are always open to you and your family.

John

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Sh*t mate at least no one hurt and all materail damage can be put right, Keep smiling cause

"always look on the bright side of life de do de do de do":rolling:

If you need any electrical works give me a call rates can be very competative;)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
really sorry to hear about your troubles russ you don`t deserve this .I know i speak for us all here if you need a hand we would all get together and help out .
When you have your reopening day we will all be there i`m sure .All the best m8

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well ...... bollocks ..... that’s the worst news I have heard in a long time …..

And there I was bleating about dropping my LE at the weekend. How stupid. It really is all relative. :doh:

Still, no one hurt and a lot of stock saved. :) Don't fancy your paper work mountain in the coming few weeks though.

In the mean time, please get a shed with a telephone and internet connection so that we can mutually keep each other in business ;)

Good luck ....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts