Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
404 Posts
Now I understand

I was in Bennets a few weeks back - I had an hour to kill
Yes I know I live in Hertfordshire but .........................

Rusty was tied up in a meeting all day with guess who

Seems times they are a changing

Best of luck Rusty - hope what ever you have worked out - works out good for you and the guys in Barnsley (Up North)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi all, when russ deliverd my bike he did mention that MOTOgb had asked him to either be technical guy for them or something along those lines, can't remember if he or Bennets were going to be part of MOTOgb.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
'tis true, Bennetts is now part of MotoGB, Russ is their technical guy and there is a Motogb guy managing his shop day to day (Paul - I think hes on the forum). Good news is Russ told me he is still very much involved in the shop and will still be around so should be no change in the excellent service we have all got used to :bow:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Good news is Russ told me he is still very much involved in the shop and will still be around so should be no change in the excellent service we have all got used to :bow:
God I hope so, good service is SO hard to find. Russ is an asset that MotoGB will hopefully utilise fully, and the change will help the Benelli brand which is good for all of us. :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bought mine new from Bennetts back in January.
I didn't find the service very good at all.
They didn't deliver when promised. When I told Russell to keep his bike he reckoned that one of his guys had ripped a mirror off the bike whilst strapping it down in the van.
However, no-one had the courtesy to ring me to let me know. I waited in all day.
In hindsight, perhaps Russell was preoccupied with his MotoGB stuff?
Still, I'm hopeful of better service in the future.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I'm amazed! That's the 1st time I've heard anything other than good spoken of Russ and Bennetts. I can only speak highly of him from my personal dealings.
Not met Paul yet. But hope to soon to finalise my LE purchase which Russ has been working on.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I hope its OK, I have just ordered one and paid a deposit and it has gone a little quite! :rolleyes:
There has been changes at Bennets but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Roly's problem is the first complaint I've heard of but, I can only speak as I find, and I for one, have had nothing but excellent service and a dam good giggle when I visit. :)

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i had no probs at all with bennetts infact they couldn't have been more helpful unlike other bike dealers i've bought from who couldn't give two shits after they've taken your money off you!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I have to agree with Sparkey, BobW and DBMG - I have nothing but praise for Russ / Bennetts :bow:
I have only ever received straight talking, excellent and friendly service second to none I have ever witnessed before from a bike dealership.

Maybe Russ is a bit stretched at the moment with his new venture as part of MotoGB ???

If thats all it is- then I'm sure it wont take him long to figure out how to keep all the plates spinning at the same time

Long live the Russ Meister :bow:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Got to Agree

I am a fan of the Service at Bennets and Rusty and Keith in particular.

Nothing seems to much trouble and the attitude is fantastic. I've even been sat in the workshop all day whilst they fixed my bike.

Two warnings though
1, don't try and make friends with the dog. Well not is you want to keep your hands:doh:
2, the tea is a bit dodgy.:(

I hope the Motogp stuff works out

It's interesting it takes very little to lose a good reputation and a long time to build it.
It is nice to see other customers saying it as they see it good or bad.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Bennetts has been the Light at the end of the tunnel and where others have failed bennetts have come through - if for any reason they have failed one person theres twenty more with a different tale . Viva Bennetts :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would love to see a Moto GB or Bennetts branch in Australia and thats anywhere in Australia i would ship my bikes for repairs and services have never seen/ heard anything but good feed back about them from this forum And Rusty Russ i have never had dealings with but he sounds like a god:bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just for info in case anyone is thinking of booking their bike in, they are VERY busy now. I wanted to get mine in for its first service before Scotland and fortunately rang early... earliest they could do was 21st April! Russ said they are flat out with all the work Motogb are throwing them and already have stuff booked in for June :rolling: So I think plan your mileage and get your services booked in early is the name of the game :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
2, the tea is a bit dodgy.:(

Well thats where I come in. Not only have I brought in some decent coffee but Ive also ordered Keith and Matt to brew the tea for at least 2 minutes...

Apologies if you have had a cup of hot water with milk in it...Give us another chance and Im sure we wont dissappoint!

PG.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well thats where I come in. Not only have I brought in some decent coffee but Ive also ordered Keith and Matt to brew the tea for at least 2 minutes...

Apologies if you have had a cup of hot water with milk in it...Give us another chance and Im sure we wont dissappoint!

PG.
Hi Paul, with initials like yours, does that mean you use PG Tips Tea Bags ! :rolleyes:

p.s. Is this you ? :rolling:
:D

:clap:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
47 Posts
Close, I have an Aprilia two fiddy, not a Vespa...Although I used to have a Vespa (dont ask)...that was promptly crashed in Morrisons car park while trying to get me knee down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts