1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Must admit that my thoughts also went out to all our buddies over there when I saw the news. Hope you are all OK.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd liketo say thanks for your kind thoughts Rob,Laurence and all our Benelli friends on the forum from all us Aussies.:bow: It is pretty horrific. They might not have mentioned on the news that South Australia is having a heat wave and a number of our aged have died from heatstroke and dehydration. Up north in Queensland several drownings as towns are flooded by cyclones towns over 6 feet under water. Its sad times for us indeed.
But Australia is still a great country to live in and vastly different to my home town in the UK Westham/ Canningtown London just love this country. Oh and by the way whats happening with the jacket group buy? i have a bundle of cash just waiting to send to you Cheers Billy

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
5,934 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts and good wishes. While the fires haven't affected me personally, I do have friends who were threatened Friday. Thankfully, they came through it unscathed.
Horrific to contemplate, but the death toll is currently at 108, and expected to continue rising as areas become safe to enter again, for closer inspection.
Sadly, Marysville doesn't exist anymore. This was the gateway to the Reefton Spur, the second best road on the mainland.
Less important, but still of great concern, is that a couple of these fires are in my playground, including the Reefton Spur. I guess we'll find out just how badly they are affected in a couple of weeks, when we head south for PI.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Likewise Errol, Kinglake is no better, outskirts of Mirboo North and Boolarra are black plus the fire at Churchill is still burning

Jeff

·
Registered
513 Posts
Death toll now at 130 saw this morning some poor guy went to fight the fires and in the mean time his two daughters were killed.Really sad and to think some of the fires were started on purpose...........:(

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
very very sad

My thoughts are with all of you guys as well, lets hope that the fires are put out very soon and that they catch the mindless morons who started them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Errol, according to my brother whose just past Boolarra, it's usable!!
Churchill fire has blown up again

Regards

Jeff

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
My thoughts are with you guy's and allthose affected by the fires. I know what is like to be in an area that has continuese wild fires.
Paul

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was in the bush some distance from Mt. Baw Baw on the Saturday playing paintball in 47 degree heat (what an idiot!) when the news came through.

Needless to say I quickly packed up and headed into Rawson. But by now the freeway to Melbourne was closed so I ended up spending the night rather than driving home the back way. Night came two hours earlier than usual and in the morning all the cars in the car park were covered in black ash. Scary stuff even though we were miles from the fires and perfectly safe.

I am going to miss Marysville, Kinglake and all my other favorite coffee destinations in the hills outside of Melbourne and the fabulous people who lived and worked there. :(

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'm very saddened to see the unfolding of this tragedy and its loss of life and upheaval for others in their way of life . Sympathies to all who have suffered or are affected by this terrible disaster .my thoughts are with you every day .

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was horrified to hear the news after I got back from my long ride. I heard this morning that the toll is up to 175 now. It's just horrific. My thoughts go out to all those affected.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I usually find it hard to post a reply to threads like this because I feel as though my words are just that .... words. Nothing I can say will make the situation better. There are occasions when I need to say my little piece and thankfully everybody has said exactly what I would've wanted to have said in the first place.

Keep safe lads:(

Al

1 - 17 of 17 Posts