Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone elses projector lense gone like this??
Turned opaque and all milky in appearance. Headlight is now pretty useless as the beam scatters everywhere!!
Looks like a cataract!
Itallian Junk :rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hi neil, got some fly kill there !!!

Mine looks slightly the same except when looking straight at the lens, is it by any chance the bulb that has had the halogen gas inside lose its properties or by the tungsten/halogen imbalance its become hotter and unstable and has discoloured the bulbs glass. might be worth taking the bulb out and inspecting as i would of thought near impossible to have a lens discolour ?.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Angus

Yeah the bulb is fine.. just the projector turned opaque from all angles :confused:
The light just scatters everywhere now...
Oh well.. dealer has put a warranty claim through to Benelli. Just waiting on the replacement headlight arriving :ele:
Was just curious to see if anyone else's headlight has suffered this same fate!
Must be the scottish cold weather and flies!

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
It could be that the light became very hot again through bulb fault causing lens to do this and is the lens a type of plastic ? . By the way how is your partner and do you now have the sound of a young un keeping you both awake and was it a boy/girl what did you decide for a name and what was the weight ( god i've covered all there on that one except was it gas and air,tens etc:rolling: ). wishing you all the best one that one of having children :) .

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Angus

I think you are spot on and the only reason I can think of too..

On the baby front... looks like I could have made it to your bash afterall! Currently sittng here with no baby 2 weeks late!!! This babys got me stressed out already and he/she is not even here yet!
My wife is going in to get induced early tomorrow morning. Looking forward to sinking a few Guinness tomorrow night I can tell you. Been on standby for the last 4 weeks so been on the wagon, car at the ready! :p
Cheers

Neil

·
3,085 Posts
arh babies

my son decided to start coming at 1am, on the way to hospital the cops pulled us over, as we "looked suss being out at 1am on deserted streets!",cop comes over to the window, takes one look and goes
"bloody hell"
"yeah mate, I'm in a hurry"
"Um yeah, okay mate, no worries"
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts