Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm supposed to get this bike, but I'm having SERIOUS second thoughts because of possible cam chain problems.
If someone can tell me that this isn't a problem in 04 I'd be all over the bike
.. the other problem, though, is that my Bank won't fund the loan until they get a blue book value on the bike, but.. there is none over here..
So, can anyone point me in the right direction for a value on the bike..
They said if they can't get a blue book value then I'd have to have it appraised by a Benelli Dealer, which isn't possible either.
Soooo.. Can someone get me in touch with a Benelli dealer as well, one who can kinda appraise the bike through pictures or whatever? I want to get it, but it seems nothing is working in my favor.
Thanks for your help guys.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an 03 Tre and the insurers have currently insured it at a market rate of $25,000 Australian Dollars (approx USD $18,000)

So there should be no reason why the bank cannot cover USD $9000 on a bike in good condition. At the end of the day you still have to pay them the money. I assume that Banks in the US would offer consumers a $10,000 unsecured loan on a credit card so why can't they take a punt on this if your credit rating is upto scratch.

I would be asking the question.

Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loan

Well, the signature loan rate is 13% and the motorcycle loan rate is 8% right now. 5% difference is a pretty big difference. I guess I could go for the signature loan, but I would prefer a motorcycle loan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Loan

Mighty Mouse.

Australian buyers including myself paid $33,000 (USD $24,500)for this bike when new.

So $9000 is not a bad deal if everything is in order.

But I must advise you that it is not the bike for you, if you have to count your pennies and if it is your only form of transport.

Good Luck with your choices

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike/loan

It's not a question of counting pennies, but more of a.. 9k for a benelli, or 9k for an aprilia, or 12k for an MV Agusta..
9k for a Benelli sounds nice, but not if it quickly equals 12-14k . .. and not if it means no riding for LONG periods of time.. In my opinion, cost of repairs shouldn't weigh into a decision to purchase, as a bike should just run.. .. A bike should go for at least 40k without serious failure. I'm not looking to buy a $9,000 piece of furniture...
I want a bike I can ride. My TLS had 38k on it before I sold it. All of my bikes go about 11k miles per year, so from the sounds of it a Benelli wouldn't make it one year with me.. and then there's the lack of parts in the area. I would LOVE to get one, but I'm not looking to get something that's going to piss me off because it breaks down too often..
Counting Pennies? No.. .. I have the money to get it, and if I can't get the motorcycle loan I'll settle for a signature loan as I dont' plan on paying on it for too long anyway, but why get a 13% rate when I can get an 8%... Money's money.. no sense in throwing it away if I don't have to.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Bike/loan

MM,

Looks like you have made up your mind with regards to the Benelli.

Stick with it!

regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Mind?

I can't say my mind is actually made up. I'm very torn right now. I dont' know if I should or shouldn't get it..
What are you suggesting I do Tax?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: My Mind?

Do yourself a favour MM and take the plunge with the Tre, but only if you REALLY want it.
Yes, it's a great looking bike.
Yes, the sound that comes from it is awsome.
Yes, it WILL turn heads no matter where you go.

I've made my mind up that I'll not be buying another Benelli until they get their reliability and customer service issues under some form of control. Would I miss it if I sold it? Damn right I would. Even though my bike has been off the road more than it's been on it doesn't mean that it applies to every Benelli owner. Some guys on here have been really lucky with theirs so far (fingers crossed that it stays that way).

Take the risk if you want and if you're lucky you might not have a single problem to write home about. It could happen to any bike you buy and not just the Benelli but I'd be lying if I were to tell you that I knew they were as reliable as the Suzuki brand.

When I bought the Tre I knew there would be little niggles and I was prepared to put up with them, but they have however gotten out of control and it seems now as though there is always something wrong with it>:

Like I've said, take the plunge if you really want it and if your gut feeling is telling you to stay away, then do exactly that buddy|I

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: My Mind?

You can get a used bike valuation on Parkers - UK prices. Might be of some help to you?

<a href="http://www.parkers.co.uk/motorbikes/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?plate=72&deriv=5854" target="_new">www.parkers.co.uk/motorbikes/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?plate=72&deriv=5854</a>

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New?

Well, I did have a guy call be about NEW Tornados..
he can get me a "Graphite" one for $14k shipped to my door. that's an 07 to my front do.. I am considering it, .. at least it will have a warranty if it breaks..
Still uncertain as I'm looking at the Mille -rs and factories as well..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2b or not 2b?

MM,

Its a bike that will give you great adventure whether on the road or sitting in the garage.

At the end of the day it is your call on whether you are after a sultry sexy girl who can give you wild passionate pleasure :b and also break your heart ,or whether you want the cute girl next door who is marraige material, gives you babies, picks up after you, puts a good meal on the table, massages your neck and feet blah blah:rollin

The Tre is the first type,:evil

So it just goes to how much you enjoy pleasure and pain.

The biggest issue with Benelli has been the lack of dealer, importer and factory support as not one of them seem to want to take UPFRONT responsibility and fix things as they occur.

If this was possible, It would be one of the GREATEST bikes on earth!:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aprilia

I've decided to get the Mille-R instead. I am getting a used one or something and gonna wait on a Benelli until after we have some form of local dealer support in the US.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Aprilia

I still have my 2000 Mille-R, with over 26,000 miles on it, never had a single problem with it. You can't go wrong with an Aprilia, and I still love riding mine.

Oh, and yes, I do have a 2005 Tre that I absolutely love! It's definitely an amazing bike and the best-looking thing in my garage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RSVR x TRE

for what it is worth after running an MV F4 I had a TRE from new for 2 years & the only dissapointment was the resell value (or lack of) the handling & brakes were superb, the looks are unbeatable, but the performance was a bit lacking (reliability other than a dud battery was great) - I ran a 2003 Mille RSVR & found it 'Honda reliable' but nothing else - currently running a Duke 999 which has looks, performance & handling but I still prefer the TRE - as a dealer the recent discount offerings make this a cheap 900 & almost tempted me into an 1130 but decided not to risk losing £3K again & the signs regarding the 'Benelli situation' would not tempt me to take on the offered dealership - to sum up if you buy a 'used' bargain there should be no regrets & if you stick with Aprilia or Honda you must be just looking for reliable transport without an edge (edgyness makes the bike a bit more exciting albeit with Russian Roulette expense)!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aprilia

Well, I'm picking up an 07 RSVR on Monday..
and as far as more just a reliable bike.
Last I checked the RSVR was ranked #1 out of a 15 bike challenge. .. Triumph Daytona 675 was #2.. ;)
I put about 12,000 miles on a bike a year normally, so a Benelli is not a good choice for me, no matter how beautiful she is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Aprilia

Mille R Factory was indeed the Masterbike 2006 in a tough challenge at Jerez, Spain. MV Agusta, even if delivering the best lap times was not prefered by the journalists because of the challenging position and fatigue. Where was Benelli with the new Tornado 1130 model?

However, the street challenge Alpen Masters 2006 two months later awarded Suzuki V-Strom 650 the title. Where was Benelli with the TNT? Even if not winning, the Triumph Triple conquered, if not already done so, the hearts of all participants.

Sorry for going lightly offtopic here, have fun with your new toy MM, that was a wise decision to make.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

Thanks man, This won't be the last you'll hear of me.. :)
I'll own a Benelli one of these days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.