Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shall be shortly fitting a 446 radio to my TRE.

Considering using autocom so I can also connect my GPS
But the kit is very large and no space under the seat ,

What have you used?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I have found that these work really well jurek.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hmmmm I had a starcom unit and my garmin satnav fitted to my CR, but when the alternator fried Benelli dealer took it all off and said this may have been the cause!! I sold the starcom unit and now use the Midland Cardo blue tooth system, it works really well and nothing powered from the bike, no wires to plug in and can still talk to the missus when she goes to pay for the fuel. The Batteries last over 8 hrs, more than enough for a days riding for me, it picks up the satnav, radio, phone and of course the screams of my wife :rolling:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi notice you are in Stourport on Severn must meet up as I regularly go for a ride in your neighborhood on route to Craven arms.

Is the charing system so poor in the Nelli how can I improve it,
We use bike to bike when doing Advance Motor Cyclist training (IAM ) or going on ride outs in a group.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hmmmm I had a starcom unit and my garmin satnav fitted to my CR, but when the alternator fried Benelli dealer took it all off and said this may have been the cause!! I sold the starcom unit and now use the Midland Cardo blue tooth system, it works really well and nothing powered from the bike, no wires to plug in and can still talk to the missus when she goes to pay for the fuel. The Batteries last over 8 hrs, more than enough for a days riding for me, it picks up the satnav, radio, phone and of course the screams of my wife :rolling:
Hi Tim

What is this system exactly - tried doing a search and cant find anything - the only one that sounds similar says its discontinued !!
Where did you get it from and how much £££ - how does it work?? (please dont say bluetooth !! :doh: )

cheers

Kurtp

·
5,929 Posts
....when the alternator fried Benelli dealer took it all off and said this may have been the cause!!...
Hard to believe. About the worst that would happen, is the battery would run flat if the alternator hasn't got enough output to keep up.

The alternator shouldn't die - unless it was shorted out, or had a manufacturing defect.

I'm running both high and low beams together, and the (Tornado) alternator is managing to keep up. So adding a radio won't bother it.

cheers
Errol

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
What is this system exactly - tried doing a search and cant find anything - the only one that sounds similar says its discontinued !!
This is what you are looking for Kurt

These work as a stand alone unit for Rider to Pillion comms or you can add a pair of two way radios for Bike to Bike comms.

Have a look at the pdf for more info

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have used Autocom
http://www.autocom.co.uk/
works well and at present going cheep on ebay
as new range comming in 2008
I paired mine with an motorola radio tuned to 446 and running at 2 watts, any more will cook the autocom power suply as the autocom powers the motorola, I then use an 2 way arial from a uk taxi same length.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also found it hard to believe that the satnav and starcom would kill the Alternator, BUT the bike is still under warranty and Benelli UK did get it sorted for me, so not going to push my luck, funny thing was that I NEVER had any electrical problems at all untill it went for a map update at the dealer, when I went to ride home it was a bag of s*** so limped back and was told " the battery may be a bit flat as we have been working with the ing on, it will charge up on your way home", it didn't the alternator was U/S, Needless to say I don't go to that dealer anymore!!!, anyway I much prefer the blue tooth Kit as nothing to fit to the bike.

Hi KurtP, this it the kit I have

http://www.wildtalk.com/accessories/acs-bluetooth.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts