Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought id treat it to new fluid before spring kicks in.wish i had,nt started now.i had clean jam jar with new see through tube snugly fitted over nipple ready to go.took lid of resevoir and got new fluid ready.good so far .backed off nipple and started to pump and top up as i went.the thing is it sucked a small amount of air back up and i thought whats going on here.anyway ive since passed through allmost half a bottle of fluid through the system and there is still around four inches of travel(no bloody brake)as opposed to about one inch that o had before i started. im no expert so what have i done wrong.should i have used one of those bleeding gizmos or is it a trade/brembo trick i dont know about..is it the seals on the slave cylinder or something. i suppose thet,ll teach me and this is going to cost me money.bugger bugger bugger

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
treat it to new fluid
;)
see through tube snugly fitted over nipple ready to go
:rolling:
got new fluid ready
backed off nipple
and started to pump
it sucked a small amount of air back up and i thought whats going on here
:eek:
anyway ive since passed through allmost half a bottle of fluid through the system
:eek:
there is still around four inches of travel as opposed to about one inch before i started
RESULT.. :rolling:
should i have used one of those bleeding gizmos
:confused:

bugger bugger bugger
Bugger indeed.... :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
I would start with pushing the pistons fully back into their seats(coat pistons with a rubber grease prior to this as will prevent them sticking later), this will disperse all the fluid from the caliper, and in theory fluid should be in the brake line only, then and once clear from air should provide the pressure to push out the pistons, I know in practice this doesnt always work that way but its a good starting point! Have to add that you only open the bleeb nipple whilst compressing the pedal and before you exhaust all the travel of the pedal re-tighten the nipple so as not to draw air back up pipe, and repeat as often as needed, you dont really need a non return valve on the pipe as long as you remember to tighten the bleed nipple before it draws air back up,

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
As Richard said use a syringe attached to a pipe on the bleed nipple side and pull the fluid through (never let the resevoir run out ). the same problem was common on RSV milles(had three) so its a procedure that is common with these back brakes . if you have no joy this way i can offer another alternative way. Angle

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Or alternatively, force the fluid back up through the system from the bleed nipple via a syringe, to get it going then bleed as previously described. Patience is the best tool in my experience of different systems, good luck Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts