Benelli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys just had a chat with Blue Flame and they have a the full range of cans for the Tornado they have sent me some pics, the chap at blue flame said the bike sounded awesome.

[/IMG]
[/IMG][/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nasty, i have been watching it on ebay and cannot decide, but i like the look of this Titanium Triangle can. The oval or round in Titanium or carbon if i remember correctly are approx. 320.00 GBP and 340.00 for the one in Picture. No need to remap according to Blueflame. My dealer told me they have found the TRE' s run better with the 6034 race can map, i had mine done on its first service, i think they are doing this with most of them, it certainly runs better than before and i have the standard can.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hI STEVIE, THERE IS A BLUE FLME CAN (IN CARBON) TWIN PORT ON EBAY, [email protected] LOOK AS GOOD AS THIS ONE THOUGH
CHEERS NASTY.
PS WHAT DOES THIS COST AND DO YOU NEED TO REMAP
This was from another thread i started

the 6034 works quite well on most aftermarket pipes;)

Still think the standard one is the best sounding standard can ever made:clap:

Rusty..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Now that looks amazin, Any idea how it sounds? I'll be honest i really like the sound of the standard can so reluctant to change it. Also not really a fan of the stubby one either, but think i could go for that. Suits the Nelli. Credit card mite be gettin a hammering. :rolling:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wee-man, when i spoke to the blueflame guy today he said it sounded fantastic on the Benelli, it has 2 removable baffles. I am very tempted to go for this.....blooter the credit card me thinks.:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, just got an email from Blueflame to confirm price. The EVO 3 pictured above is in 3 options for the Tre, Stainless Steel £221.00 Plain Titanium £289.00 (pictured) and Coloured Titanium £297.50.
Carbon Fibre not available.

All inc vat.

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
The carbon can on ebay was mine...now sold.

A few observations from a 'previous owner' :-

1) agree that the titanium trapezoidal can looks good, but only with the green/silver 'Nelli...as mine was a yellow RS I opted for the carbon to go with the other carbon bits on the bike. Saw a photo of the yellow RS with a titanium can before I bought mine and it looked a bit naff on the yellow bike. Blue flame stopped producing the trapezoidal can in carbon as it kept de-laminating on the edges otherwise i would have had one.

2) The mounting brackets on the oval/trapezoidal cans are different. The trapezoidal mounts MUCH closer to the rear footrest hanger. The oval bracket is over twice the length sitting the can lower and away from the footrest hanger. In my opinion it looks totally naff (said so in a previous post) and totally spoils the look of an otherwise excellent can. This was the main reason for me selling it....looks like an incompetent teenager had knocked it up in a metalwork class !...if you buy an oval can you have been warned !!

3) the can does sound good...only downside is that it drowns out the addictive induction roar at 7000 revs upwards

4) mapping - my RS ran absolutely crap with the standard 6103 map. The 6105 race map for the RS totally transformed the bike and it was excellent. I would advise a remap if this can is fitted.

Overall a good can apart from the aesthetics of the mounting brackets....it's a shame cos with a bit more R&D time they could have put a higher bend in the link pipe and had a stunner.

Hope above proves useful to someone.

Have decided to keep the bike after all and have ordered the Benelli Sport item....expensive but at least looks finished off !!

Will await Russ' 'stubby' developments with interest...perhaps next year ?

Dave H

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
@Stevie: what did you use to clean the swingarm of the bike?

Or was it completely new?

Hi ir fuel The bike in the picture is not a picture of my bike,probably from Blueflame exhausts R&D library.
My bike was new in March, i have used scotchbrite pads in the past for cleaning swingarms it would work well with the brushed finish on the Nelli arm. Have you got some bad marks, normally i use wd-40 on a rag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
go for it with the Blue flame. I've had one on mine (as per the pictures) for the last year. If you like the sound of the standard can this will have the hairs standing up on the back of your neck. The sound when you roll off the power is amazing.
Did have to adjust the fueling low down but it was well worth it.

Kev

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys,
go for it with the Blue flame. I've had one on mine (as per the pictures) for the last year. If you like the sound of the standard can this will have the hairs standing up on the back of your neck. The sound when you roll off the power is amazing.
Did have to adjust the fueling low down but it was well worth it.

Kev
Kev,
I have not purchased this yet, what map did you have on your bike was it the standard or the 6034 race map. Is the can really loud with both baffles out, also did the can and link pipe fit well.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts