Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi @ All,

Since 4 weeks I am driving the new Benelli BN302 aka TNT300. In general I am quite satisfied with this bike, but honestly I start to have some concerns about the build-quality and reliability after I found some owners reviews on other forums. I found two reviews where customers are complaining about loose nuts inside the engine!

Please take a look at below photos and tell me what you think. From my point of view, there is missing a retainer on this nut (at least my old SUZUKI had one on this shaft). And on cycleworld.com I also found one drawing showing a retainer on this nut... Yesterday I had a talk with my Benelli dealer about this issue and he is also not sure why the nut came loose and if there should be a retainer or not...

If there are any BN302 / TNT300 owners around here, please let me know what you think and if your bike has this retainer or not.

Thank you :)

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle Grey

Automotive tire Product Camera lens Camera accessory Automotive lighting

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chinese owner review (BJ300GS aka BN302)

FYI: I have found one review of a Chinese owner, reporting his mixed experience on the first 17600 km

He confirms my worries, that this is not the most reliable bike. Guess I have to accept this and be prepared for some minor problems. However, most issues should be covered by warranty, also spare parts seem to be quite cheap.

PS: I used bing to translate his review. It's not an accurate translation but you can get the point:

»ÆÁú300ÂÖì±ÃųµÖ÷17600¹«ÀïÆï——±¨¸æ - Ħ͗³µÂÛ̳ - Ç®½*Ħ͗ - Ħ͗³µÂÛ̳ - Ö—¹úµÚ“»Ä¦Í—³µÂÛ̳ - ĦÂýø——µ½µ×!

17,600 km BN302 riding owners report

Time flies, last June 31, Yiwu car, July 1 at 6 am drove back home in Jiangxi Shangrao, blink of an eye, a small black dragon spent 345 days with me, took me to a horse galloping over 17,600 km of. During this can be a long or a short time of the day, really it is some pleasure sort of worry ah.
In mid-July last year, a small black dragon like home more than a week, sudden wheel door, surely you have heard. In the riding of more than 17,600 km, it is now for everyone to render a simple ride report.
Overall, I feel a small black dragon is: Performance OK, the price can, quality in general. In more than 17,600 kilometers, and mainly about several issues.

1, FI indicator light. This problem occurs in more than 6000 kilometers of riding time. Because it is in Yiwu to buy the car, I only go to our local Qianjiang monopoly for testing. Local sale of Qianjiang little brother to help me connect the computer, boom a few throttle, in the computer for a long time, then blurting: I do not understand what the problem is. Finally, I find someone to take pictures consultation, said error code is 2128na, on behalf of the neutral switch is faulty, find dealers to buy a car, I say to try to change the neutral switch, if it is bad, I will put on. If it is not broke, I return to. Dealers did not stand, but told me to detect the next. Finally, since FI is on, but riding as usual, there is no control him, and now still steady.

2, broken clutch cable. This problem occurs in more than 7000 kilometers of riding, himself the friend of the store for the Suzuki king clutch line, get 10 dollars.

3, leaking engine coolant conduit. This problem occurs when more than 3000 km. Checked himself under tight the screws, the problem is solved.

4, shoring nuts out. This problem occurs when more than 10,000 kilometers. Own to find a friend that the last nuts installed, the problem is solved.

5, shoring spring out. This problem occurs when more than 12,000 kilometers. Own to find a friend that last spring loaded, the problem is solved.

6, the clutch slip. This problem occurs when more than 15,000 kilometers. Suddenly one day, to send his girlfriend to work, feeling the car did not have so strong a. Faithful car out at night and wandering around, so everyone tried it, one of which is our local riders new Honda aftermarket technicians, the car he told me a little clutch slip, but not very serious. Q. sale, say in three bags. Find Taobao, no clutch plates sell, sell only assembly. Think Well, since you want to change the assembly, and the problem is not very serious, and so die say. So the question has not been resolved.
For this issue, I consulted a Shanghai car dealers, saying it was not good or bad riding habits oil use, often half-clutch. Saying I used several times the Great Wall Jaguar Wang green bottle, the general feeling, and replaced with black bottle Jaguar King, I feel good. Now with the TOP1 Gold, oil is not the difference with it. Then riding habit, not a long time I ride, looks less than four years, but quite good driving habits, in our local riders circle, technology is also considered possible. Start is a file, it must start after a long hot car park. For the clutch slip problem, I do not understand why.
As I puzzled when a staff member dealers in Shanghai told me, I use the oil does not match with Wei Shuang 10W - 50 oil would be better, MA2 of clutch oil labeled with a special protection. I do not know the true and false, welcome to research the next.

7, loss of battery power. This problem occurs when more than 17,000 kilometers. That day we went to the edge of a town to participate in local activities, about 200 km one-way, to the time because of bad weather, with light rain, there is no way to stop the double flash, also opened a small lamp. And so the evening ready to return, found the car vain, and had to push it, then return. Then, along the way as long as a flame, it is necessary cart. Dashboard will not be the case even brighter, and finally pushed home then bolted 100 to km. The next day to a friend of the new Honda monopoly to the battery charge, a good few days, and loss of electricity, often beat.
On this issue, the staff told me a Shanghai taxi companies, installed a GPS moving through the line of cars, battery power loss occurs phenomenon is normal wear and tear. I do not know the true and false, you can refer to riders under their car, under research.

8, chain. This problem occurs when I can not remember, just the other day, and riders together, I am on a tight chain, they taunt me: What you that old car, every tight chain. Then I discovered that his mother, I actually mattered chain every week, otherwise the chain will not work loose, running up splinters. After buying a DID 525 chain clasp, the chain cut the two results, the results of his mother is not installed. DID 525 is too high. Reluctantly bought and installed 525 levy. Perhaps serious loss chain, the change, for whatever reason, I'm going to change the DID, here, we have assured Taobao shop trouble leave me a link to it.

These are the main issues I ride back and found more than 17,600 kilometers, of course, there are some small problems, such as tire grip is quite poor, the fuel gauge is quite inaccurate, the clutch is quite heavy, and how to adjust useless, is not clear enough stalls , not enough linear accelerator, etc. These, I will not illustrated, these are accustomed to become natural.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
Then my little black dragon, and now talk about our local profile Huanglong 300.
I understand that we are probably in the 300 existing local Huanglong 6-8, which we car lovers, adding a total of five I. Wherein the problems are:
1, loss of battery power. This happens there are two cars, one mine, one of others. The other a few kilometers in more than 6000 kilometers.
2, the clutch slip. This happens there are two cars, one mine, one of others. The other a few kilometers in more than 3000 kilometers.
3, oil emulsion. This happens only one car, but this Zhouyi Gang found the problem, the check is in the coolant into the engine, and the other a few kilometers at 1500 kilometers. Since that day the owners just do maintenance, our local riders play together, so the number of kilometers is clear. When the oil is released from black to white, we all shocked. Then we all laughed: this kid car in the move. Not solve the current problems, the owner is still communicating with the dealer, the specific situation is not clear.

Fluid Automotive tire Recipe Vehicle Motorcycle

Currently we have 300 before the local Huanglong is Jiangzi.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
Having Huanglong 300, for Qianjiang and dealers, I talk about a few of my personal views.
1, regardless of Huanglong Huanglong 300 or 600, the quality is really need to improve. This does not need to say, we are visible.
2, the service does not ye. We Shangrao, though not a big city, but not too small, not even a monopoly will look Qianjiang detector at all. The car has a problem in the past to ask, the answer is: ask the manufacturers. Playing phone manufacturers the answer is: you first and dealer communication under.
3, the car also listed more than a year that point, various accessories can keep supporting it? Although a good car is not easily broken, but the accessories have to follow it, or repaired parts are not buy. Moreover, from the quality, it can not be considered a good car blanket. . .
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
He said a lot to see here, be sure to adhere to is the love of motorcycles, riders prefer Huanglong 300. Thank you insist on reading. Think I said there are problem areas, welcome to explore. Sprayer and navy can also be dedicated to read, and welcome to spray. . .
Response riders request attach a back seat to experience the feeling

The small black dragon, love and hate in my heart girlfriend. Love is due to sit above can be mounted force, and every time after riding on the road or the like when the green light, all kinds of onlookers, and even some of the kids shouted out directly: wow, handsome. (Of course, most of them are said her helmet handsome) her vanity full of satisfaction. Hate is really uncomfortable to sit behind her 166 head, sit back foot put uncomfortable to say, a long time sore leg numb ass. I can only tell her that the loading force are to price. . .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
short update: today I had a talk with my dealer. he confirmed that some earlier batches of BN302's had issues with failing coolant pumps (coolant can flow into the crankcase) and air filter assemblies (screws can come loose and fall into the combustion chamber). he said, Benelli Q.J. is replacing these parts on concerned bikes during usual inspection. for the loose crankshaft nut there is no feedback so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TNT300 From India!

Hi,

This is Abhijit from India.
BN302 was launched in India early this year under the name TNT300.
I purchased the motorcycle in April 2015. There are no specific quality issues with the motorcycle but overall service is pathetic which is handled by their Indian partner DSK.
I faced issues with rear axle bearing (due to over tightening of the axle bolt), failed temperature & O2 sensors.
Multiple times horn failed, now the new variants seems to be working fine.
All the issues have been fixed by the dealer under warranty.
We also discussed issues mainly in this forum in India.

Cheers,
Abhijit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Abhijit,

welcome and thanks for your feedback here.

As there are not so many BN302 / TNT300 owners around here, I'm following your discussion on xbhp since the beginning. And I'm also following the discussions on Chinese websites (thanks Google). Some owners in China also had issues with the rear bearing, horn and headlights. Same like on xbhp. Few Chinese owners had very serious issues like the leaking coolant pump and loose crank shaft nut. Most of these serious problems appeared on the 2014 version. It looks the 2015 version has been improved.

I have done 1200km on my 2015 BN302 now. Most serious issue I had, was a small crack in the rear break disc after 800km. But I noticed that before the crack got bigger and it was replaced under warranty.

In general I'm satisfied with the bike so far. But it clearly needs more care and caution compared to the Japanese bikes I had before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Abhijit,

welcome and thanks for your feedback here.

As there are not so many BN302 / TNT300 owners around here, I'm following your discussion on xbhp since the beginning. And I'm also following the discussions on Chinese websites (thanks Google). Some owners in China also had issues with the rear bearing, horn and headlights. Same like on xbhp. Few Chinese owners had very serious issues like the leaking coolant pump and loose crank shaft nut. Most of these serious problems appeared on the 2014 version. It looks the 2015 version has been improved.

I have done 1200km on my 2015 BN302 now. Most serious issue I had, was a small crack in the rear break disc after 800km. But I noticed that before the crack got bigger and it was replaced under warranty.

In general I'm satisfied with the bike so far. But it clearly needs more care and caution compared to the Japanese bikes I had before.

Thanks for the update Gordon. We will keep in touch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Every one My Name is Delwyn and im from Mumbai India.
I own the 2015 Benelli Bn302 which is also called the TNT 300, Me and Abhijeet are a part of a Riders club called TOM,

Recently we did a ride of around 250 Kms and suddenly noticed that there was a leak in the radiator, the coolant level was below low but there were no temperature fluctuations or over heating, i immediately spoke to the service center and will know whats happening by today evening.

Last month i had the coolant leaking from the hose which connects to the engine just below the radiator, the clamp was loose due to vibrations:confused:

Before this i faced the Horn Issue and the horn was replaced within warranty. (Initially the service guys said the battery was not charged due to short rides (12 Kms a day which is even more than enough to charge a car battery):rolling:

Another member of our group also faces a critical issue and is not using his motorcycle since.

We also need to have a dedicated thread for the TNT 300 in this forum i will some of the members of other forum to join.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Delwyn,thanks for your input.You and all the other BN302 / TNT300 owners from India are welcome to report any issues and solutions here in this thread. So we can get an general overview and everybody knows if there are points we need to take special care of.Can you advise, what kind of "critical issue" your friend had with his bike?Tks and regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Delwyn,thanks for your input.You and all the other BN302 / TNT300 owners from India are welcome to report any issues and solutions here in this thread. So we can get an general overview and everybody knows if there are points we need to take special care of.Can you advise, what kind of "critical issue" your friend had with his bike?Tks and regards
The issue with his motorcycle is that lot of cold start issues. Motorcycle won't start after one or two cranks. Once the temperature goes beyond 90°C engine stalls. Also the idling rpm was below or ~1000rpm.
He raised issues to the Indian partner DSK, but they were not able to solve. Once they took the bike to the main service center & they returned the bike with a broken part. Shockingly instead of replacing the broken pipe they tried to fix it with a duct tape & glue, which our friend saw only when he removed the tank for filter cleaning.
He has written many emails but did not get any answer. Now the bike is at service center & he is thinking on taking legal action.
But other bikes are not facing any of such issues. As you pointed out that there are few minor issue which are fixed under warranty. But service provided her by DSK is pathetic.
This week few folks from Italy visiting the service center here in Mumbai & customers are getting invites. Hoping for much needed service improvement.

·
Registered
214 Posts
well we sold a couple of BN302 this year, and one is driven from my Girlfriend until now we hade only one problem with a fuelpipe, and all other bikes work well
without problems, one of the customers bikes is gone now more than 10000 Km......

this winter we will start to do some tuning on the BN 302 just for fun :D first is a complete racing exhaust, and a new Airfilter, in a kind of K&N
also we have now accsess to the MT05 ECU, means that dyno is waiting, so may be we can have fun with the little one in Calafat this christmas:rolling:

ciao Alex

·
Registered
13 Posts
well we sold a couple of BN302 this year, and one is driven from my Girlfriend until now we hade only one problem with a fuelpipe, and all other bikes work well
without problems, one of the customers bikes is gone now more than 10000 Km......

this winter we will start to do some tuning on the BN 302 just for fun :D first is a complete racing exhaust, and a new Airfilter, in a kind of K&N
also we have now accsess to the MT05 ECU, means that dyno is waiting, so may be we can have fun with the little one in Calafat this christmas:rolling:

ciao Alex

Hey Please post some videos of the sound after changing to K&N filter and if possible a video of the Exhaust too. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi alex,

thx for your feeback here. may I ask if it would be possible for you to get some info from benelli about the loose crankshaft nut and "missing" retainer, which I mentioned at the beginning? I am still a little bit concerned about this issue. perhaps you have more detailed maintenance manuals and could find out, how they actually fix and secure this nut?

PS: really looking forward to see your mods on the BN302. If you still looking for an nice exhaust, I can recommend one from GIANELLI. I found a review on youtube and just bought one myself. the engine revs much more smooth now and I also feel the performance is better compared to the heavy stock exhaust. besides, good value for the buck. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi alex,

thx for your feeback here. may I ask if it would be possible for you to get some info from benelli about the loose crankshaft nut and "missing" retainer, which I mentioned at the beginning? I am still a little bit concerned about this issue. perhaps you have more detailed maintenance manuals and could find out, how they actually fix and secure this nut?

PS: really looking forward to see your mods on the BN302. If you still looking for an nice exhaust, I can recommend one from GIANELLI. I found a review on youtube and just bought one myself. the engine revs much more smooth now and I also feel the performance is better compared to the heavy stock exhaust. besides, good value for the buck. ;)

yes the GIANELLI sounds better than the ixil ones that we get here.

the GIANELLI also is few kilos lighter than the stock

I Have also heard the devil exhaust video on you tube its the best sounding exhaust and is lighter by 5kgs too.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a quick introduction I am based in Pattaya Thailand and purchased a green Benelli BN302 in October 2015, I had the wheels powder coated gold, belly pan painted green and added carbon look crash mushrooms to frame and rear wheel, also added some Italy badges to make it stand out. I have been told it is the best looking TNT 300 in Pattaya.

I have done just over 200 miles and initial problems have all been sorted although the bike was completely replaced as the first one was so bad they could not fix it, it was a death trap!
Faults so far on the second bike.
1/ Gear change lever needed reset.
2/ 3 of the 4 front brake locating pin security washers were missing.
3/ Head stock was juddering, discovered the 2 Alan bolts that secure headstock to suspension were missing.

It is a beautiful bike to ride and I am very impressed with the high quality suspension although some people complain about the rear mono shock as being too hard, I may look into changing for an Ohlins or YSS unit in the future but I am happy for now.
Although they say it is 185 Kg dry it is so easy to move around it is hard to believe.
For the money nothing can touch it 135000 Baht (includes 4000 Baht cash back) with free class A insurance, free Benelli back pack and 3 years free servicing (labour only)

I will post pictures once I take a few.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a quick introduction I am based in Pattaya Thailand and purchased a green Benelli BN302 in October 2015, I had the wheels powder coated gold, belly pan painted green and added carbon look crash mushrooms to frame and rear wheel, also added some Italy badges to make it stand out. I have been told it is the best looking TNT 300 in Pattaya.

I have done just over 200 miles and initial problems have all been sorted although the bike was completely replaced as the first one was so bad they could not fix it, it was a death trap!
3/ Head stock was juddering, discovered the 2 Alan bolts that secure headstock to suspension were missing.

It is a beautiful bike to ride and I am very impressed with the high quality suspension although some people complain about the rear mono shock as being too hard, I may look into changing for an Ohlins or YSS unit in the future but I am happy for now.
Although they say it is 185 Kg dry it is so easy to move around it is hard to believe.
For the money nothing can touch it 135000 Baht (includes 4000 Baht cash back) with free class A insurance, free Benelli back pack and 3 years free servicing (labour only)

wow nice and waiting for your pictures there is another thread in this forum you can post your rides pictures.
i really like how passionate people from Thailand are about their bikes, i am also a follower of the Facebook page, just love the mods but when i ask any questions about the mods i dont get any reply.

·
Registered
13 Posts

wow nice and waiting for your pictures there is another thread in this forum you can post your rides pictures.
I really like how passionate people from Thailand are about their bikes, i am also a follower of the Facebook page, just love the mods but when i ask any questions about the mods i dont get any reply.

You can post the pictures here and also ask other Thai TNT 300 owners to post pictures of their ride here - http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/tnt/17498-bn-302-also-called-tnt-300-owners-experiences.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
New TNT 300 owner

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and also purchased a TNT 300 last week in Bangalore, India. Will look forward for sharing my experiences on this forum. Took the bike for a 100 Kms ride today and it was a great experience.

Regards
Nitin

1 - 20 of 40 Posts