Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... Need some help and assistance

i just bough BN600 last month and its been great except the high temperature of the bike. I mean its Indonesia where is hot, humid and the traffics not as free as other country.

we found out radiator volume only 600cc.

is the a way to increase the radiator capacity? Any one knows how I can get one?
And how about fan? Any suggestion to increase the air volume...

or any input regarding hi temperature of BN600 will be much help for us here.

so far benelli dealer Indonesia haven't been able to deliver solution just yet.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, ill pass it on to the dealer about the thermostat and the fan. See what they say, just yesterday when my temp reach 128c my throttle seems stuck and not decelerate as fast as the grip. Quite danger especially in traffic. Any suggestion where I can bigger radiator ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi... dealer havent done shit.!!!!

they told me to change the liquid coolant to engine ice (suppose to be best one, its cost me 30 usd for two liters) and nothin.... same old thing.

ive changed the oil to sae 60 and upgrade the radiator from 1.1 liter to 2.2 liter.
its bettter but temperature still goes 114c on traffic jammed.

ive heard people saying about bigger water pump, bigger fan, and remapping ecu...

any thougts i definitely interested. thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've asked at least 7 owners of the same bike ( so far only 25 sold here in Jakarta) and they experienced the same problem and some others issue too like clutch wired, electric faulty, brake caliper jammed, water pump leaked.

Yeah a lot of little things, they fixed all of it except the heat problem.. They haven't found a solution yet..
It's very tiring now....

If you have changed those parts and its virtually the same ,I would say you may have a faulty head gasket , but would not take the crap from the dealer and demand they fix it now .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
agreed, but so far i am still waiting and waiting. they havent come up with any solution just yet.

i have another question, is the BN600 available in europe or not? or its just asia and australia?

So Benelli (China) has a lot to answer for

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wish i can, i should've consider kawasaki Z800... its actually was the next consideration before i make the down payment. kawasaki Z800 is thailand made and weather wise similar with indonesia.

but i really wanna own an italian bikes :-(

now i have to pay for it....

This thread makes the bn sound like all the other crap ones that have come that way . This is a real shame ,i was expecting more considering the monies involved . I would take it back and get my money back .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice...
thanks bro. will look forward for the news

Hi
re your question "have they been introduced into Europe yet". Not officially, I attended a presentation of the BN yesterday in Pesaro and they will officially start importing to Europe in Jan 2014.the Italian Benelli club will be trying one of the at the weekend (about 200 kms) I will let you know how the rider gets on in the hot weather but obviously not as hot as Indonesia. I will also try to communicate with a factory representative when we have a evening meet on Saturday night
Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks steve, I appreciated ur effort...

cruising constant above 30 ktm his no problem at all... We've been cruising to mountain and stuff, even though still just under 100 c. Still too high I think for that kind a riding.

they already doing a check on the ecu for the unstable Rpm ( when is above 108 c ) and they replace the radiator plus fan with the Malaysian version they say. But I haven't got a chance to try it out....

ill keep u posted how its goes..

thanks steve.

Hi
Well the factory actually loaned 4 bikes out.Riders of varying rider abilities and some very slow riding through villages etc, some fast stretches no reports of any problems with cooling etc in temperatures of about 25/29 deg much cooler I imagine than in Indonesia, so they need to sort out the coolant system out for the Far East. There was no indication from the factory re your probs re overheating. I will if you want to take this matter further on your behalf lodge a complaint to the factory. Apart from riders that normally ride bigger machinery saying they missed the power complaints about anything were few. All liked the machine and indeed one of them was ordering one of the first batch destined for Europe. Has a footnote the 4 bikes were ridden by numerous different riders.
Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Good news, chinese technician finally responses to my problem. Now this bn600 are Jakarta ready ;), they remap the ecu, change radiator, fan, cold spark plugs. And now temp is below 100c, we'll unless heavy traffic and in the middle of the day can go up to 102 max.

its did really need a hard and persistence complaints to make them aware hehehe...

so... Now any suggestion to make the bike faster or better

Thanks steve, I appreciated ur effort...

cruising constant above 30 ktm his no problem at all... We've been cruising to mountain and stuff, even though still just under 100 c. Still too high I think for that kind a riding.

they already doing a check on the ecu for the unstable Rpm ( when is above 108 c ) and they replace the radiator plus fan with the Malaysian version they say. But I haven't got a chance to try it out....

ill keep u posted how its goes..

thanks steve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
hehehehe... overrated heh!

well, i am trying to get better air filter and piggy back...ive been looking for after market exhaust but so far they havent produce it for Bn600 yet
radiator coolant i am using engine ice watercoolant so far. not bad lah...

Glad your sorted now, but I would recommend adding some water wetter to your coolant. As for making it faster, save your money it's over rated :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts