Benelli Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks steve, I appreciated ur effort...

cruising constant above 30 ktm his no problem at all... We've been cruising to mountain and stuff, even though still just under 100 c. Still too high I think for that kind a riding.

they already doing a check on the ecu for the unstable Rpm ( when is above 108 c ) and they replace the radiator plus fan with the Malaysian version they say. But I haven't got a chance to try it out....

ill keep u posted how its goes..

thanks steve.

Hi
Well the factory actually loaned 4 bikes out.Riders of varying rider abilities and some very slow riding through villages etc, some fast stretches no reports of any problems with cooling etc in temperatures of about 25/29 deg much cooler I imagine than in Indonesia, so they need to sort out the coolant system out for the Far East. There was no indication from the factory re your probs re overheating. I will if you want to take this matter further on your behalf lodge a complaint to the factory. Apart from riders that normally ride bigger machinery saying they missed the power complaints about anything were few. All liked the machine and indeed one of them was ordering one of the first batch destined for Europe. Has a footnote the 4 bikes were ridden by numerous different riders.
Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Good news, chinese technician finally responses to my problem. Now this bn600 are Jakarta ready ;), they remap the ecu, change radiator, fan, cold spark plugs. And now temp is below 100c, we'll unless heavy traffic and in the middle of the day can go up to 102 max.

its did really need a hard and persistence complaints to make them aware hehehe...

so... Now any suggestion to make the bike faster or better

Thanks steve, I appreciated ur effort...

cruising constant above 30 ktm his no problem at all... We've been cruising to mountain and stuff, even though still just under 100 c. Still too high I think for that kind a riding.

they already doing a check on the ecu for the unstable Rpm ( when is above 108 c ) and they replace the radiator plus fan with the Malaysian version they say. But I haven't got a chance to try it out....

ill keep u posted how its goes..

thanks steve.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Glad your sorted now, but I would recommend adding some water wetter to your coolant. As for making it faster, save your money it's over rated :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
hehehehe... overrated heh!

well, i am trying to get better air filter and piggy back...ive been looking for after market exhaust but so far they havent produce it for Bn600 yet
radiator coolant i am using engine ice watercoolant so far. not bad lah...

Glad your sorted now, but I would recommend adding some water wetter to your coolant. As for making it faster, save your money it's over rated :rolleyes:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sounds like nothings changed tbh.

A Benelli, running below 30mph all the time, in traffic, in a hot/humid place. Thought it was standard practice to sit in the red haha?

Well, it did for me sitting in Nice in 1st/2nd gear, 35+ degrees, traffic light, traffic light etc...

As fror the issues, how about a manual radiator fan switch and upgrade the fan? Not something you should have to do at all, but it may help. We did this with our engine converted cars and never had any issues again.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Heat wrapping the down pipes?? May help a little.:confused:
I think it help a little especially during idle.
I did different way,cover the bottom side of radiator with rubber lining.

Sounds like nothings changed tbh.

A Benelli, running below 30mph all the time, in traffic, in a hot/humid place. Thought it was standard practice to sit in the red haha?

Well, it did for me sitting in Nice in 1st/2nd gear, 35+ degrees, traffic light, traffic light etc...

As fror the issues, how about a manual radiator fan switch and upgrade the fan? Not something you should have to do at all, but it may help. We did this with our engine converted cars and never had any issues again.
They recalled the radiator and the fan with air suction speed increase about 20%.
put a test at cruising speed 80 - 110 km/h the temp indicated 70 - 87C at wind temp about 27C and when caught in traffic or waiting for traffic light hit max 97C.
On previous radiator fan I made a fan shroud and reduced the temp about 4C compare to the other same bikes.

It came a cross to add adjustable thermostat or digital temp controller parallel to the existing thermostat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good news, chinese technician finally responses to my problem. Now this bn600 are Jakarta ready ;), they remap the ecu, change radiator, fan, cold spark plugs. And now temp is below 100c, we'll unless heavy traffic and in the middle of the day can go up to 102 max.

its did really need a hard and persistence complaints to make them aware hehehe...

so... Now any suggestion to make the bike faster or better
--

Hey guys, i'm obviously quite late to the conversation, but how do you Re-map the ECU?
and for changing the radiator, is there as certain model that is recommended?
what about fan? what kind of specifications are needed?

I've also found that riding on the highway doesn't present a major problem but sitting in standstill traffic the bike very quickly heats up 109 was the hottest it got before it shut off.
I will be changing to high-performance coolant, and try putting in some cold spark plugs, but i think the real problem is the radiator and fan not being up to spec, and the kick in time for the fan coming in too late.

So, do you guys know the specifications for what i need for the 2012 year model benelli 600?

Thanks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.