Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone recomend the best brake fluid.also if you where to do your own servicing how do you get the service indicator to go off. mine has been on since about a few hundred miles after last sevice by the way(character eh)

·
903 Posts
:hiya: elbandito

Dot 5 brake fluid is the best as it is used for racing, it is also mineral based and will not damage paintwork when spilt. The only problem is that all the old fluid needs to be washed out which can be difficult.

I would recommend that you replace your existing with a decent dot 4 (not the cheap stuff!) which will be more than suitable for road and occasional track day use.

RE you "spanner" press the function key on the left handle bar for more than 5 seconds with the ignition OFF then turn on the ignition with the button still pressed in. The spanner should then disappear.

·
340 Posts
I advise you NOT to use DOT 5.0 as it is silicone based and not meant for the OEM brakes we all have. Use 5.1 if you want, very good, higher boiling point, better overall or use DOT 4 as recommended by the manufacturer, staying safe.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
I advise you NOT to use DOT 5.0 as it is silicone based and not meant for the OEM brakes we all have. Use 5.1 if you want, very good, higher boiling point, better overall or use DOT 4 as recommended by the manufacturer, staying safe.
I raced multiple seasons using DOT 4 (Motul RBF600), often in ambient temperatures well over 100F, and never had any problems with fluid boiling. I agree with aquilla, never use DOT 5.0. I've never tried DOT 5.1, mainly because I've never had any problem using a high-quality DOT 4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts