Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anybody up for these if I can get them for a decent price? (i.e. under £250 per pair):clap:

Quotes from a couple of suppliers sites:-

"[FONT=verdana, arial, tahoma]Wavy front discs (pair) left side and right side. [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, tahoma]Made by BRAKING, these discs are made from stainless steel with a high percentage of carbon that has a high friction coefficient. Same measurements of the OEM discs, with more performance. Direct swap with standard discs. [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]In stock[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Price: £369.99[/FONT]​

"

"All the BRAKING discs are made from stainless steel with a high percentage of carbon that has a high friction coefficient. The discs, front and rear, keep the same measurements of the OEM disks, with more performance.The floating discs have the carriers made of black oxidized aluminium. Advantages: More friction coefficient, Better resistance to the heat, More initial braking power, More feeling on the lever, Better handling and Less weight"

"The wave disk is a new and radical design that has many features that differ from standard disks.
Firstly the outside diameter is shaped to provide extra pad cleaning ability.
The wave shapes of the exterior diameter and of the inner profile of the braking track allow the disk to expand without deforming.
Basically the disk is always perfectly flat.
This design is covered with an international license (pat no. 99500110.4).
Braking know-how regarding the material and the applied working cycle allow us to obtain perfect disks in all aspects.
Long tests, first in the labs, then on the motorbikes, prepared to face a series of future projects that will follow shortly and will use most of the wave technology in future production.
Mainly features:
  • Strong initial grip with good modular capability
  • Constant backing on three points, with parallel wear of the pad
  • Upper peripheral surface with greater heat dissipation
  • Possibility of expansion on the medium circumference, thus avoiding conic deformation
  • Less weight
  • Continuous variation of the braking section which allows the pad "to float" without getting pasted to the track "

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

The rear sets are getting dispatched next week so they should be with me the week after that.

They will be on their way to you just as soon as I get them.:)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hi Lawrence

Did you get much feedback and exact costs re these wavy disks??

I happened to be speaking to a guy at a company that makes all aftermarket disks and asked him bout the Nelli's - they dont have a pattern for the disk, but the loan of one of my front disks for a few days allows them to set the tooling (or something) for it and depending on the quantity ordered then that would depend on the price (initially for just 1 pair they want £160 per disk (Tot £320) but for 8 sets or more then the price would come down to around £130 per disk (£260 tot) - ALL PRICES TBC Tho !!

How does that stand with the ones you sourced??

Cheers

Kurt

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kurt,

The best prices I could get were:-

6 pairs = £220 per pair :)
3 pairs = £230 per pair
1 pair = £250 per pair

Postage would need to be added to the above but considering these retail at £370 I thought that there would be some interest in them but I only got a couple of maybe's :bawl:

I'm on holiday now until 13th May but if you can drum up any interest in them when I'm away I'll pick up on it when I come back. :clap:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I`ve been trying to source discs for my Marzocchi RAC 50mm forks with 108mm Tokico calipers to fit on the TNT,
The standard disc is 320mm 64mm centre bore 6 x 8.5mm fixing holes set at 80mm with an offset of 9.5mm.
I need the same but with an offset of 6.5mm:doh: :doh:
Only company that will make them is Stealth who replied within minutes to my email and will supply any style, color,color of rivets including pads for front and rear 2 x front discs to my measurements 1 x rear disc. Either wave, sawblade birdswing, standard........all for £295.oo (+£50 for my odd offset!!)
May be worth asking about a bulk buy!
Check out their website http://www.stealthproducts.co.uk/index.php

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Thats the company I spoke to a week or so ago

They can make any type of disk for any bike - but they said they havent got a pattern for a Tornado so need one of mine for a template.
I assume the TNT and Tornado disks are all the same arent they ??

Having more than 10 sets reduced the price from 150 per disk to £125 per disk plus p&p

I think the deal lawrence can get (from another source/supplier I believe) is equally as good - if not better
He is away on holiday at the moment I think - so will wait to hear his comments when he returns

cheers

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yes Kurt the Tornado and TNT discs are one and the same.
Brembo part # 08.2003.70 also OEM Front on late model Ducati 996R/ 998R/ 999/ 2-Piece Full-Floating 320mm/ Gold anodized aluminum carrier/ drilled
I will be speaking to them tomorrow as I need mine fairly pronto.
E_C cant make to my spec and I cannot find a brembo with the correct offset

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Terry,

That's the rear brake disk for the TNT.
This is the Carpimoto listing for the TRE but it looks like it also suits some models of the TNT:-

http://www.carpimoto.it/content/pro...1_disk_dim_320x64_mm_4_pads_caliper_model.htm

If any of you guys are definitely interested in the disks that are made by 'Braking' can you please drop me an email and I'll confirm numbers and prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts