Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to make sure all of you know that we are planning a Brands Hatch ride in for our Benelli group. All others will be welcome but we want to make a huge TRE "noise" by arriving all together for race day on Sunday morning. Should work out for Breakfast together somewhere near Brands fairly early in the am followed by the ride in and the line up of a shite load of the most beautiful bikes on the planet. That should pull some attention!!!!! Also, if you want to camp out and dont want to be near London, Cambridge is right near me. If you can find a camp ground near there you are more than welcome to send camping gear through the mail, and i will store it for you till you arrive, camp while you are here, pack it and box it up, and I will mail it out to you again on monday the day after the races. This will hopefully help the travellers from distances cut down on the stuff they must carry and encourage the riders that have to travel to come. If you get me info early like the weights of your tent boxed and your address I can tell you the shipping charges from here to your house for the return trip of you gear before you even leave the house. Let me know if your interested. BTW my storage facility is behind armed military gaurds so not much chance of it getting stolen! Hope to see all of you at Brands Hatch where it is usually 135,000 strong with 95,000 motorcycles on sunday's race day!
john 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Camping?

What about camping at Brands for the week end? A few beers could then be in order for the Saturday night, without the threat of a Drink Driving ban if caught the next day! Just a thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea

We could all camp or get a B&B near Brands. I live an hour away so I can still offer to help everyone out. That might be a viable solution.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Good idea

Uups, when this will happen?

If it fits to my calendar, maybe I come from Finland.

W: Pekka

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brands Dates

Would love to have you in the UK mate!!! The dates are the 4th thru the 6th of August. We may put some events together for those that decide to come for the whole weekend. Let me know!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah can count me in - sorry havn't posted anything recently not had anything interesting to write about. Brands in 20 mins for me so I'll be going....whats the dates this year for WSB? Just got in from a ride today and damn its still so cold! Just swapped bikes with a mate for bout half hour to 'compare' etc etc for the pub talk later and I gotta say I still like twins alot (He's got an SP1). Like a bullet out of corners anyways enough talkin bout poop!

Oh anyone doing Isle of man this year Im gettin a van down there but gonna ride the course over the week

dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dates

Brands Dates appear to be Aug 4th and 5th. If anyone knows different please post.

8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Brands Dates

Weekend trip sounds good! MEans we can have afew beers without the thought of having to ride anywhere the following day!

Are they still parking up campers' bikes in that secure compound there? I know it was because to many pissed up bikers were fooking around with their machines at stupid hours of the morning, but I am not to sure that I like the thought of my bike being surrounded by rice boilers! I'd be a lot happier with it secured down next to my tent!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couple of cable ties and a tent and I'm good to go...not sure where the wife will sit though, hmmm maybe she should just stay at home :evil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Camping

I know they had tents and small campers there went I attended in 2001, 2 and 3. Not sure if it is allowed or just done.....lol. There are camp grounds near there if you want to reserve a spot or, like i offered, there are more north of london a short 30 mins ride away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
email

If anyone wants to take me up on the gear offer my email is [email protected]. Get in touch with me there and we can work out any details. Always willing to help a fellow Benelli owner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Camping

I have camped there for 2002, 2003 & 2004 BSB Indy and GP rounds, unfortunately it was with the family so I had to go in the car and tow the trailer tent, what was worse was having to behave myself and be a responsible father! Camping is organised, they even lay on Portable shower units and the likes, so it isn't roughing it, but I do seem to remember them caging bikes so drunken owner wouldn't bang them off the rev limiter at 4 in the morning a'la European bike races!

Now I am a sole agent again thanks to a divorce, I have vowed I will never go by car again, but would like the knowledge that my bike is safe next to my tent, okay it may not stop it getting robbed, but I know it will not get knocked over/damaged!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Camping

Johnny, your behind armed military guards! Where are you my man? Sounds like we may have a thing or two in common!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Location

JHQ, Mönchengladbach, been here a year, only two to go and that's my time done!:rollin

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Location

I don't have a tent but I do like the idea of camping (makes me feel like a kid again):D Turning up together on the bikes would be awsome and I'm pretty sure that I'll have my bike back by then, so for now I'd say count me in:b I'm really looking foward to having more than a few beers with you lot;)

Al:smokin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts