Benelli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!! Sorry for my hiatus from the forum but I have been out in the desert for awhile now. I just discovered that the British guys have access to forum sites that are blocked by the American computers. Hence, I am back up and running!! I will be home in England before Brands Hatch and we are definitely still on for a meet up. I live 1 hour from there and would like to set up a meeting point in the Cambridge area. I was thinking that the camping folks could enjoy a ride on the evening of Saturday (day before the main features) at a retaurant or pub somewhere in Cambridge, and then we could meet up for breakfast early Sunday morning just a tad on the north side of London (to ease the traffic problem into the city and to Brands). Maybe 4AM breakfast, done at 5am and then ride in together.

There are some fantastic areas in Cambridge that we can meet and when I get back I will find one and post a full address with phone number so that we are in no doubt of where we are meeting. Is there any preference of as to a pub or restaurant? I will find one with a nice large parking lot. I am also thinking that it should be an early meet up, say 4pm, with an early dinner so that we can get to bed early for the early morning ride down to breakfast. Going to be fantastic hearing all the triples pull in together. Post up guys and my offer still stands if you want to send your camping goods ahead of time and then get them when you arrive. If you do that you should book camgrounds in the NeMarket, Bury St. Edmonds, Cambridge area as those are within 20 mins of my place and I can easily run them down to you. I believe there is a camping area right up the street from me as well. I'll look into that when I return. Looking forward to meeting loads of fellow tre owners. See you all soon.

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Jonny (and all)

If you want any info about Cambridge or great roads

Im yer man....I live there

I personally wouldn't worry about camping as there is loads of B&Bs around.

Check out the Horringer to Haverhill Road

or

B1090 Wyton to Abbotts Ripton (Emap use it alot for their bike shoots, police use it for training persuit drivers)

or

Haverhill to Steeple Bumpstead

or

Quy to Newmarket

I can quite easily sort an exciting route out....just depends on how twisty you wanna get, how long we wanna be out for.

Loadsa great roads within 10 mins of Cambridge

Tescos at Milton have a large car park and they've got a Cafe and its right on the junction 32 (I think) of the A14..2 mins from the M11 ...or maybe not (See map below it right on the big roundabout)

Or there is the Golden Hind pub thats got a resonable car park and is 2 mins from the A14. (Follow the pink road down from the A14 to where it intersects with the yellow one. Its on that X roads...you can't miss it)

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....eepicon=true&zm=0&scale=10000&out.x=3&out.y=4

Could meet there and then go to somewhere more sulubrious??
Anyone want any info just post up or mail me

Any suggestions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Count me in lads;)

I'll tell the boss that I need that weekend off when I go in tomorrow. I've always liked the look of Brands although I'm not sure about this early to bed stuff:rollin I'll be fine in a B 'n' B although I do have a sleeping bag that rolls up into almost nothing and you can get tents that can be carried quite easily on your back now. If the Donington camping experience is anything to go by then I vote for the camping option:D
All we need to do is make sure there is an adequate supply of JD flowing and I'll be in heaven:b

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW Jonny

Sorry, didn't mean to crash your idea...just trying to make myself useful

It's quite rare that I am nowadays

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back

Okay guys I am back in jolly ol' england. Niq, give me a call at 01638-711569 and we can get together around there and take a look about.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts