Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day. Started off fairly damp, so went steady. Then I lost my bike key before my 2nd session, only to find 15 minutes into it that it had gone through a hole in my leathers and slid down inside to my knee. Went to shoot out for the last few minutes to have it reg flagged just as I was about to jump on. Bugger...

Then it chucked it down with rain, I lost total confidence in the front end and started not to enjoy myself. I found the front end very unsteady and was unable to keep the throttle pinned due to the front wallowing about.

Then lunch, took the chance to wind the suspension down a little (first time adjusting it). God what a difference it made. A little heavier to turn into corners, but I found it far better under braking and could keep the throttle pinned coming out of bends instead of mildly opening it.

I didn't touch me knee down all day, but I had a chappy come and see me on a triumph triple who said he was behined me running at the same pace, but whilst he was scraping his knee all the time I wasn't hanging off enough. Kinda good really as I guess that shows unless your really flying, you really don't need your knee down (more concentrating on lines, braking, etc). Still, the morning sucked, but the afternoon rocked. We even had sunshine for a bit.

Last session kinda sucked though, 3 laps in, just got tyres up to temp, and someone had a big off so red flagged. Came in, went out, 3 laps later, just up to temp again, someone else does the same bloody thing.. Session over...

Still, good day, weather was pretty good considering time of year. So can't wait till 2010 to do some more

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/user/D4MOB

The rest of my pictures..

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/general_me_-_pastti/my_bike/page5.html

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
nice pics:clap: :clap: its rained both times i've done a track day but i still loved it, i want to do another next year but don't know if i trust myself with the rs i would really really:bawl: if i binned it

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And a couple of my dad on his LE model IMO these bikes are meant to be ridden, not stored away for once a year rideouts, so today he brought out the LE for a damn good thrashing... Although due to having so much metal in his legs these days, he found it quite hard moving on the bike, cranking his metal peg legs out. Plenty fast enough to outbrake me going into Paddock though (I started about the 150 marker from about 135mph)... :lol: Good to have us both out riding the bikes. DOn't mention the outside into Druids overtaking by the younger wippet (eh dad ;) ) in the first session though.... Ok so that was the only time I might add ;)

All pics...

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/general_me_-_pastti/dads_bike_-_benelli/page2.html

I think Colin may have some shots too hopefully :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, very nice pics, I'm assuming that you bought them from the trackside photographer, I havent offloaded mine yet yet but when I do I'll let you know. Please to meet you and your dad today and both have very nice bikes.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing to brave about it really. Its a motorbike, a full spec motorbike, and its being used as it should be, not sat in a garage collecting dust and being wasted away hardly ever to be seen ;)

It was wet in the morning as well, and it was being used properly too. Sure he doesn't want to drop his pride and joy or crash in any way, but its like buying a Desmodeci and never taking it on a track day. They are built FOR the track.

Its there to be used properly, and im glad my dad used it the way its designed to be used. Hopefully we'll do some more next year. Luckily he can ride well so much less chance of binning something if you know what your doing...

Im far more likley to bin mine as I can't ride properly :rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Wow, nice pics.... :clap:

I do fancy taking the Nelli on a track day, just terrified I drop it.. :rolling:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, nice pics.... :clap:

I do fancy taking the Nelli on a track day, just terrified I drop it.. :rolling:
tbh, if your riding at the pace your happy with, you shouldn't drop it.

I was very nervous about riding it in the damp, but a few laps in the bikes tyres were getting warm the bike gave me confidence. The brakes are superb so thats always good for confidence.

The main limitation I had was going actually round the bends fast (worried the front would wash out on me), but I went at my own pace and it seemed quick enough for the inters.

Theres always the novice session where the pace is much less and more for gaining confidence.

Do it!!!! They perform superb on track, its what they are meant for :ele:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
tbh, if your riding at the pace your happy with, you shouldn't drop it.

I was very nervous about riding it in the damp, but a few laps in the bikes tyres were getting warm the bike gave me confidence. The brakes are superb so thats always good for confidence.

Someone should have told Casey Stoner about that ! :rolleyes:

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I really do fancy it.. Have ta find a track that's not too strict re DBs as my Remus can is a little loud.. :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah i've got the Benelli Titanium one which never has the baffle, and that came out as 107.2db.

So I put the standard heavy can on and that came out as 104db last time...

This time it came out at 102db though? Go figure :doh:

Limit was 104db. And I don't like holding my bike at 6300rpm either :mad:

Also what I didn't get was that there were some MUCH louder bikes than mine, how on earth did they pass when mine was only 2db under the limit? Mince.....

So, now do i get a track bike, or get fibre glass panels and a cheap exhaust for Nelli.. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Remus

My Remus shod RS measured 101.7db at 5000 rpm and 100.9db exactly at 4999 rpm on a recent track day. Strangly the limit was 101

Go figure

Generally comes out at 102db

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Looks like great fun, and I know it has been said before but great to see another LE out there being used in anger, these photos really make me want to do a track day next year, maybe time will let me, but not Knockhill though, even though it is the closest to me. I'd rather to a first trackday on the RS in the dry.

Thanks for reigniting the motavation to take the bike to a trackday. Anyone else up for a first timers trackday.

cheers, Fraser

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
Looks like great fun, and I know it has been said before but great to see another LE out there being used in anger, these photos really make me want to do a track day next year, maybe time will let me, but not Knockhill though, even though it is the closest to me. I'd rather to a first trackday on the RS in the dry.

Thanks for reigniting the motavation to take the bike to a trackday. Anyone else up for a first timers trackday.

cheers, Fraser
I am sorely tempted ,fraser.............but in the spring perhaps?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts