Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soz guys, another tyre thread:doh: But, as I will be looking for a new set of rubber in the new year, on my old Daytona 955i (Which I greatly miss:bawl: ) I had Bridgestones fitted, which as an all~rounder I found very good in all weather conditions (even on the odd occasion I was caught in rain & hail :doh: ) and stuck to the road pretty good for my likening. I've only had Dunlop & Avon since and neither have inspired confidence like the Bridgestones did, so back to the question of 'Which Tyres" ? I'm in favour of the Bridestones because of the good experience I've had with them and I will go for the 190/55 etc, but has anyone had any Bridestones then found another brand better ?

And, does anyone know if different rubber suits different bikes Or is it just a case of the tyre suiting the rider irrespective of which bike they are fitted to ?

Also, does anyone know what the best current Bridestones are ?

:clap:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi Rob

If you are after Bridgestones, I would recommend the BT016. They are triple compound, harder compound in the centre for longevity, softer further out and even softer on the edges.

I would also recommend the Michelin pilot power 2ct dual compounds.

Both of the above are available in a 190/55.

Out of the 2 options above, the Michelins have a slightly more aggressive profile.

Good luck!

p.s hope today went well with the bike at Bennetts

Neil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, got bridgestones 002 great in the dry no good for motorways but real stickey round the NW200 or the UGP i dont count the miles when have fun.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The Bridgestone 002 are fine for a Track Bike at track operating temperatures - they are full race tyres... for road riding avoid them like the plague!!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I've always been a metzler fan M1 sportecs bein really great but now replaced by m3 dual or triple compound jobbies they were great too but didnt get much mileage from them (about 2000mls on my firestorm)I did try a set of bt016's and found them really good but sold bike to get the nellie so didnt have that much experience with them on, so happens that its metz rensports that are fitted to nellie and so far cant fault them, be interesting too see what you guys find suits the benelli as I'll be due a set early spring time (weather permiting):)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
p.s hope today went well with the bike at Bennetts

Neil
Cheers Neil:rolling: , I've got the man himself, Russ:bow: , looking at the bike so fingers crossed, :clap:

and thanks for the advice on the tyres, I think I may just stick with what I've had good experience, the biggest problem I found was that someone said try the make of tyres they used and I found them dissapointing, so maybe I should stick with Bridgestone.

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
159 Posts
And, does anyone know if different rubber suits different bikes Or is it just a case of the tyre suiting the rider irrespective of which bike they are fitted to ?
Not different bikes but you definitely need to have your suspension sorted for different tires. For instance, different tires have different sidewall strengths so will transmit more or less energy into the suspension.

So if your suspension is dialed in for Bridgestones I would stick with that.

I've been a Pirelli guy for years now and am running SuperCorsa's on my Tornado. I also have a set of the Corsa III's that I was planning to use for wet weather but haven't gotten around to it.

·
349 Posts
I have tried all of the Conti range now on my bikes for the past couple of years and really rate the Road Attacks in all conditions including track days.And the best bit is that they are a lot cheaoer than the rest and they look good!!Zebo:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have tried all of the Conti range now on my bikes for the past couple of years and really rate the Road Attacks in all conditions including track days.And the best bit is that they are a lot cheaoer than the rest and they look good!!Zebo:)
I tried to get some of those at the NEC this year but had no luck....:( do the tip in well ? or are they slow steering ?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Colin the Road Attack's are only available in a 190/50. It's classed as a sports / touring tyre.

The Sport Attacks are available in a 190/50 and a 190/55 and compete with BT016, Pilot Power 2ct, Qualifiers etc

Neil

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Neil, I am going to try the road attacks on Zebos recommendation, I am not sure if he may have he 180/55 or the 190/50. He has some nice photos of Brands with his bike well over,so they look ok. Also with all the crap weather we seem to get, I think I may as well try a tyre that may be better in poorer conditions even if it means slightly less grip at race speeds.
Colin.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi Colin
They seem really good tyres, let us know how you find them will you. You are right on the weather front! probably a great tyre for all round use in cold wet UK. Nick Sanders swears by those tyres too :)
I might try a set of the Conti Sport Attacks and will see how they go. I need a new set pretty soon.
Cheers
Neil

·
349 Posts
I have just used the 190/50 and tried the Sport Attacks as well.I reckon the Road Attacks are better suited to the Tre as they appear to give a larger footprint especially tipping in with the front.I tried the Race Attacks on the TNT at Brands and they were excellent but they are like a lot of the new breed of tyres in that they have no tread on the outer edge so i lose all confidence when it is damp.I really dont think that you can beet the Road Attacks for all weathers and conditions.2 years ago i did a horribly wet track day at Spa and the Road Attacks were brilliant.I would like to try the 190/55 but if i do it will have to be the Sport Attack.:)

·
1,841 Posts
Sure,I will let everyone know what I think of them as soon as I can get out and ride on a dry road (or even a wet one if the salt has been washed away!)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
conti's next possibly

I'm interested in knowing what the contis are like on the Tornado as i used conti's on one of my milles and liked them, now have new michelin 2ct's on my RS and dont mind the feel but always worth seeing what performs good for like minded owners for that next tyre changing time.

·
1,841 Posts
Well I finally got out for a little spin to try the road attacks today. I only rode about 10 miles to a couple of roundabouts but so far I like them (Ive only got a small chickenstrip left!). They are consistent as you lean and once the surface coating had worn off they seemed to grip well. I felt the temp after a couple of laps of the roundabouts and they were not very warm,but I will wait for the roads to get a bit better etc before testing a bit harder.
colin..

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts