Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to see some of you at the above event on Sunday as I will be helping out on the Red Dog stand under the arches (There's a song there!:rolling: ) along Madera Drive which runs parallel with the seafront.

I look forward to seeing you!

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brighton 9.9.07

Good to see you Andy (Tornado Tre) on Sunday, hope you got home safely as the last time we met in Brighton I ended up in hospital!:bawl:

We had an Amazonas, a Cafe Racer and Andy's Tornado on display as well as other marques and I was very surprise at the positive response we got from the public. Many people had not heard of Benelli, those who had had only heard that they had reliability problems! So we soon put that one to bed informing them about how the Chinese had bought the brand and are now putting lots of money into it.

The Cafe Racer got an amazing amount of interest with at least six people wanting a road test. All who looked remarked on how "different" she was and that no one had see one before. The Amazonas also got a lot of interest with at least three road tests booked. As for Andy's Tornado, well lets just say he had to leave early!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Only joking, we also had a couple of enquiries about road tests.

So all in all the day was a great success, I think many more people are now aware of the Benelli brand and hope we see more of them selling thier far eastern machines and buying Italian.

Anyway talking abount Italian, I'm off to Limone near Lake Garda in Italy now so will be away for a while. Catch up with you all when I get back!

Ciao!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sorry I couldn`t make it,but a mate of mine did and came along to the Red Dog stand and met Lloyd and Andy. He loves the TNT and is interested in the Tre-k.
Hope you had a good weekend and look forward to meeting up with you soon.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Good to see you Andy (Tornado Tre) on Sunday, hope you got home safely as the last time we met in Brighton I ended up in hospital!:bawl:

We had an Amazonas, a Cafe Racer and Andy's Tornado on display as well as other marques and I was very surprise at the positive response we got from the public. Many people had not heard of Benelli, those who had had only heard that they had reliability problems! So we soon put that one to bed informing them about how the Chinese had bought the brand and are now putting lots of money into it.

The Cafe Racer got an amazing amount of interest with at least six people wanting a road test. All who looked remarked on how "different" she was and that no one had see one before. The Amazonas also got a lot of interest with at least three road tests booked. As for Andy's Tornado, well lets just say he had to leave early!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Only joking, we also had a couple of enquiries about road tests.

So all in all the day was a great success, I think many more people are now aware of the Benelli brand and hope we see more of them selling thier far eastern machines and buying Italian.

Anyway talking abount Italian, I'm off to Limone near Lake Garda in Italy now so will be away for a while. Catch up with you all when I get back!

Ciao!
Lloyd, the only reason I bugged out early was I had to take Tracy back to Guildford before heading back to Southampton. I forgot to bring my clear visor, so it was a fairly brisk drive along the A31/A32 after dropping her off! I think I got back with about 15 minutes daylight to spare. Oh, and no oficer I didn't see 148mph register on my clocks at all! (That would be a bit scary with an Iridium visor in failing light!;) )

One thing I know, these bikes aren't built for carrying pillions more than 10 miles!

Another thing I know is the shape of the tank prevents nut crush when the pillion slides along the seat into your back when braking hard!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Another thing I know is the shape of the tank prevents nut crush when the pillion slides along the seat into your back when braking hard!
That's good to know. :) You only want crushed nuts on top of your ice cream. :rolling:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Tornado def needs either a stickier seat or a more horizontal one!!

Apologies to Andys balls.

Nice to meet you Lloyd :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts