Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning to go to the Italian day next Saturday 25th April ?

A few Cornwall contingent of Italian bike riders meeting up with Plymouth lads a the carpark beside the Tamar Bridge, Plymouth side. Leaving the carpark at 06.00 for a leisurly blast up some A roads towards Gordano Services to meet up with one or two other Italian bikers with a plan to mass ride into the centre.

Be good to see a few Benelli's there just to break up the usual sea of red two wheeled fashion accessories.

Dave

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Dave, I am planning to go, but will be arriving from the North of Bristol. What sort of time of day does it happen, never been before, Steve

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You and me both.

I heard the meet point is Gordano Services and mass ride into centre of Bristol. 9-9.30 at the services carpark.

Riders of Bristol seem to be the organisers of the bike element.
Dave

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm going, my 2nd year.
Last year a few hundred bikes met at Easton in Gordano svs at about 9 am ish then rode in to the centre, it was quite a ride in!
I'm in contact with my old Aprilia mates, they'll be there en masse !
Last year the Nellie got RAC'd home. the only Nellie there and it left on a tow truck....oh the shame !

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be spot the Benelli at Gordano Services then.

I will be on the LE, my mate might take my TNT Titanium if he can be trusted not to go loony tunes on it.

Dave

·
349 Posts
We wont be able to get there until about 2pm.Will it still be worth us turning up at that time or will everybody have gone home by then?.:)

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an all day event.

Hope to get away about 4pm and battle with Avon & Somersets finest. Sporting chance as they are often the only ones in dark, unmarked Beemers and Volvos wearing white shirts and black ties over a weekend.

Dave

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well here it is 5.00 am in Cornwall and the weather is PANTS. Rain and strong winds so 140 miles to Bristol is not going to happen for me.

My little green meanie is staying dry today. Don't fancy turning up in Bristol like a wet chamois leather.

Dave

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Dave,
shame you couldnt make it, the weather was lovely in Bristol, a very light shower for about 2 minutes, the rest was bright sunshine.
The street was a sea of red Ducatis, must have been hundreds of them and slap bang in the middle was my Nelli, there was a TNT in yellow there but I didnt get to speak to the owner unfortunately.
Still, had lots of good comments from people about the bike and they were actually queuing up to photo it at one point, I must have given lots of differing explainations for the fans, most amusing.
One guy said he owned an RS so we had a good chat and I promoted the forum of course, Steve.

·
Registered
148 Posts
there was a TNT in yellow there but I didnt get to speak to the owner unfortunately.
That was me !
Soooo many photos taken of it, even by Duc owners :)
At the 11 am engine start, it was commented on for having such obnoxious pipes, I took the baffles out of the MIVVs especially for the day :)
Sorry I missed you Steve, would have been nice to chat with another Nellie owner.
Didn't see your bike, where were you parked?

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We had such bad weather down here that flash floods swept away a car with 4 lads in. One got out and the other three three drowned. The rain has not stopped all day. Shows what 100 miles or so does to the weather.

Well done for showing the red fashion accessories that there are other Italian bikes that turn the head!
Dave

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Sorry I missed you too Jeweller, I would have liked to hear those pipes as well, I bet they sound superb. I was initially parked down the end by the Ferraris then moved into the heart of the red sea in the Ducati area, just down from the Riders display van, It wasnt easy to see the Green/silver through all that lot, a great free day out though, Steve.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It has dawned on me though since attending today how few and far between Benellis are.
Using this forum most days gives you a real sense of community among owners and its not until you go somewhere like today and see literally hundreds of Ducs, Moto guzzis and Aprillias etc, that you realise that a Nelli owner is a rare breed apart.
All hail and thanks to those who set this forum up and maintain it and cheers to all who work together to promote this individual brand, Steve.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Zebo,
sorry you couldn't make it, I hung around til about 1500 in the hope you would, next year bud we will sort it better and have a few of us turn up, eh, Steve.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Zebo,
sorry you couldn't make it, I hung around til about 1500 in the hope you would, next year bud we will sort it better and have a few of us turn up, eh, Steve.
That'll be nice.
2nd year I've felt like Billy No Mates.:rolleyes:
All the Aprilia owners ripped the piss out of me on arrival last week, with the expected "Have you booked the RAC low loader for 3pm?" jibes !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts