Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the British GP on the 7th July?

I will be visiting my inlaws in the Netherlands and am hoping to visit London and would like to go/join in, if you guys are organising something?

Laurence, JR, anybody???

any idea on what a ticket costs

cheers
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im there!!!

I and another tre rider are going. We live about 1 hour from london so not a worry. We can meet in between and head to the big show!!!!

john

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Im there!!!

Thanks Laurance & JR,

John: can you send me your email addy via Ezmail so we can discuss offline.

Cheers
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Im there!!!

will be heading down to gp from Scotland on Friday 30th June and camping at Donington coming back up on Monday 3rd July,
Sorry you can't make it Laurence, but if anyone else fancies a ride down just holler and we can organise something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'll be there - Brands is 30 mins for me. I wanna try a few races this year including the Isle of Mann and Nurburgring (or however its spelt). Anyone thinking of them too let me know

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, your spelling is correct for the 'Ring'. I live about 90 miles north of it, and including a quick blast along the autobahn it can be reached in under 2 hours from me, let me know when you intend coming over and maybe we can meet up, two words of warning though...

1. The roads around the area where the ring is situated are nice for playing on due to their configuration, BUT, the tarmac is @#%$! It is totally worn out/repaired and washing away! If you haven't been there, take it really easy on strange roads!

Which leads me onto point 2....

I found out what the roads can do to a gleaming bike! I knew the area fairly well, was 'making progress' one minute, the next i was jumping off my SV1000s and watching it cartwheel through the air and disintegrating on impact!

Good thing to come out of the accident was the Tornado!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Tre, thanks for the advise - my father in law was originally from Germany so I'll try and drag him along too. My Uncle (Vtxbrit) went there last year on his TNT and said it was fantastic but also noted exactly what you said plus he also mentioned about some of the drivers thinking it was a constant race which he found a little off putting and he dont hang about on a bike. Still Im def there and will email you when Im near enough ready to go (whats a good time you think?). What happened exactly to your SV then?

Hope to get up there at some point this spring so I'll see you soon

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is good,

Took a bloke in Sunny Australia to get the Donnington fever going..

Can someone tell me how far this place is from London and what the cost of a ticket would be.

JR go to Benelli Discussion forums and look at the Ezinbox on the top RH corner, click there and follow the links.

Cheers
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Distance and Ticket Price estimates

Hi Tax,

I checked out a national route planner for you and it states 120 mile from london with a journey time of 3 hrs!!!

try the following link if you need directions and or a map:-
www.theaa.com/travelwatch...database=B

The guy I know that goes each year said a weekend ticket costs around £55 (this covers all the practice and qualifying rounds on the Friday & Saturday and the race itself on the Sunday)

Enjoy!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Distance and Ticket Price estimates

Taksil,
why don't you contact the race organiser and see if they want marshalls. We get plenty of Brits at the Island marshalling for our SBK & MotoGP. I'm sure it will be reciprocal (Laguna Seca is very keen to have Aussies help them). That way you can get up close and personal to the action - for nothing!

Of course, you may have to drag a few bikes off the track, but who knows, it may be Biaggi! Remember his off at the beginning of the PI race last year? That was me removing him!

Enjoy your trip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Distance and Ticket Price estimates

Thanks Guys,

Marshalling sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately the missus will be with me so that's out..

3 hours from London may be a tad far unless we are visiting the area..

So at this stage may have to do with just Assen.

JR: I will contact you closer to June if I change my mind.

Cheers
Tax

1 - 14 of 14 Posts