Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just when I was about to think how fantastically reliable the TRE K's been she goes and throws a wobbler. The indicators flashed very very quickly then stopped working altogether after she'd been switched off :( Doesn't look like the relay's one of those under the seat or even if there is a relay. Got a horrid sinking feeling it's the dash :bawl: Anybody know?

Ash

·
Registered
332 Posts
indicators

Do you have an alarm fitted? If so, have a look at the manual, perhaps it's the alarm trying to tell you something.

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Robin. No alarm, nothing like that. Definitely a fault :( I don't think it's ever clicked so I don't think there's a relay. Warranty will cover it whatever but it's the diagnosois that's a pain!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks Robin. No alarm, nothing like that. Definitely a fault :( I don't think it's ever clicked so I don't think there's a relay. Warranty will cover it whatever but it's the diagnosois that's a pain!

Warranty!!!! Don't hold your breath:bawl:

·
Bristol Member
102 Posts
I had my indicators pack up the first time I washed the bike from new.
There is a relay, I cant remember exactly where it is but its positioned where it can allow water in if using a hose pipe to wash the bike.
My dealer replaced it and sealed it with some silicone. I havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm not though I've just been promise a new radiator ;)
Be prepared for a 4 month wait and loads of excuses, you will probably get the wrong parts on their 1st attempt. expect a radiator for a bathroom and you might be lucky. Believe me they couldn't arrange a p**s up in brewery

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be prepared for a 4 month wait and loads of excuses, you will probably get the wrong parts on their 1st attempt. expect a radiator for a bathroom and you might be lucky. Believe me they couldn't arrange a p**s up in brewery
That's why I'm smiling. I've had the 4 month wait and now they've finally promised it's on the way.....:)

I hope

·
Registered
346 Posts
I didn't read the whole thing, but it's the relay 100% sure.. Mine was the same way..
Just go to any auto parts store and buy a new relay.. ..Coat the seem with caulk and plug it in... you should be good to go
To confirm pull your relay and smack the piss out of it.. the blinkers will work again...

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't read the whole thing, but it's the relay 100% sure.. Mine was the same way..
Just go to any auto parts store and buy a new relay.. ..Coat the seem with caulk and plug it in... you should be good to go
To confirm pull your relay and smack the piss out of it.. the blinkers will work again...
Thanks. Got that figured finally ;) I just checked those I could get to easy and panicked when it wasn't one of them!

As for the other warranty stuff, twice in the space of a week Moto GB have promised the bits will be here 'as soon as the factory reopens' and genrally been very apologetic. Not holding my breath thoiugh.....

Ash

1 - 12 of 12 Posts