Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well as some may know i get to play with chemicals and today was a little bit of an eye opener . Had tasks to do in the area of Deeside and at two locations was asked to visit to do duties of chemical transfer. I'd noticed in the morning on loading that one of the products stated "High Risk of Spontaneous Combustion " on the Trem card and Data Sheet.well i suppose i've become blase over my work with Cyanates (read cyanide),Acids and Bio Accumulative Hazards but today was a bit different when on arrival to my "new product" transfer i had to see the safety officer to discuss discharge. well i met this old guy who appeared quite alarmed at this products arrival and told me last time it was on site the top of the Receiving tank set on fire !!!. well we made our way to location on site and to reduce risk of fire i sprayed an expanding foam on hose joints to ensure no risk of leakage into air encouraging a fire to start (tank to tank no risk). i then said i was opening the valve to which i was told beforehand i must wear a fireproof suit on top of the chemical suit i had put on.The operation took about 45 minutes and in that time i think i lost about a stone in weight as to say its hot would be an understatement!!!. All in all operation done successfully and as a treat i got my very own fire engine accompaning me :) . It really does amaze me the products used in factories you wouldnt for one second think would be there. A nice ending to this tale is i asked for a rise today as no one else will do my job so just waiting to hear what my new rates going to be (loads of money !!!).

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Angus with the dodgy loads saving up for an RS :rolling:
p.s. cyanates are def NOT nice ;)
keep safe mate!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Angus, could you put up a picture of your truck so that we all keep WELL AWAY from it. :rolling:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts