Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that some members are talking about removing the airbox butterflies and the exhaust power valve. I understand that removing the butterflies in the airbox will increase airflow and in turn power, but what exactly does the removal of the exhaust valve do to the bike?:confused:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
ricc,
the valves are there for C0 and noise emissions they do restrict performance……….. so if in doubt whip them out :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers vtx

So, for the exhaust, slip the tubes apart and remove the open/close shutter valve, and remove the cable that goes where? or do i just find a way of wegding the valve open from the outside and leave the cable in place? After reading your post, i wedged the exhaust valve open with a screwdriver and the bike sounded totally different (better) and that's with the standard can. (my termi is still in the homeland, and probably won't be with me till september when the factory's re-open after the long, long summer break!!):)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
So I've got the tank off at the moment, (I'm fitting a button on the dash to reset the trip/laptimer/clock rather than using the start button) and noticed the butterfly valves in the airbox. Am I really OK to just remove them? Will it affect running in town, as its rough enough at the moment. Do I need to lock the exhaust valve at the same time or can they be done independently?
Cheers
Pike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just had my TNT on the dyno and removing the inlet and exhaust valves does not have any adverse effects on low or mid speed running, however it doesn't release as much power as you might imagine. You can disconnect them independently, but you might as well do both then you can disconnect the solenoid and take some load off the charging system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's all gone

Hello.

I've just picked up my Bike. It's lost if all. No inlet flap, no exhaust flap.

Additionally a DNA filter and HPE manifold plus PC 3. What a change!

The bike runs much smoother, more power, more torque , more fun.

Best regards

Mark:ele: :ele:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts