Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p

I have just looked at bikes for sale on Ebay only to find my written off Benelli for sale! The seller states that the bike has only done 600 miles, it has actually done 4600 plus! Also they state that there is light damage, well the rear sub frame was twisted, the front upper fairings were damaged as well as the lower fairings and possible bent forks. My mate who looked at the bike said that there was oil leaking from the bike, so could have engine damage.

The seller does not state that both fairings were badly scratched as the bike crashed on it's left then the recovery bloke dropped the bike on it's right fairing whilst loading it onto the truck.

The seller may have replaced some of the parts that were damaged but anyone that wants to bid for this must remember that it was a head on crash with a combined speed of at least 45 mph, enough to cause considerable damage. The car was written off!!!

The bike was mint before the accident and if the seller has replaced or repaired some of the major parts it might be worth buying as all mods were done, but I would first look at the bike before putting in a bid!

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts

I have just looked at bikes for sale on Ebay only to find my written off Benelli for sale! The seller states that the bike has only done 600 miles, it has actually done 4600 plus! Also they state that there is light damage, well the rear sub frame was twisted, the front upper fairings were damaged as well as the lower fairings and possible bent forks. My mate who looked at the bike said that there was oil leaking from the bike, so could have engine damage.

The seller does not state that both fairings were badly scratched as the bike crashed on it's left then the recovery bloke dropped the bike on it's right fairing whilst loading it onto the truck.

The seller may have replaced some of the parts that were damaged but anyone that wants to bid for this must remember that it was a head on crash with a combined speed of at least 45 mph, enough to cause considerable damage. The car was written off!!!

The bike was mint before the accident and if the seller has replaced or repaired some of the major parts it might be worth buying as all mods were done, but I would first look at the bike before putting in a bid!
Lloyd, I think the major concern here is where the 4000miles plus has gone, if it is not a typing error by the seller then someone has clocked the bike and thats serious.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The bigger problem with this is later on in life!! If the bike was written off by the insurance it will now be on the register which make it virtually worthless as a trade in for example.
Always get any bike HPi'd if you can

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good work Loyd:clap: thanks for bringing this up for all our attention its people like this that give the bike business a bad name:mad:

SPECIAL DEAL FOR BENELLI OWNERS ONLY HPI CHECKS £20.00:D :D

I hope this will help unsuspected buyers:) :)

www.bennettsmotorcycles.com

Regards
Rusty

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More info!

I asked the guy who is selling my old bike to contact me and he has, here is the whole picture!

He bought it from a salvage company along with a second damage Benelli Tornado. He has replaced the damaged subframe, upper and lower fairings and headlamp assembly. He also has replaced a broken bolt and damaged gasket to the part that was leaking oil.

When he switched the ignition on the dash was playing up but finally settled down and showed just over 1000km. Obviously the dash was reading MPH at the time of the accident so it could be that the dash is/was faulty. He could find no damage to the front wheel or forks and has ridden the bike although only round the yard.

The bloke seemed to be ok and up front, he wishes to purchase all the information and other keys I have and is going to ammend the ebay content accordingly. Hopefully the new buyer will be aware of the history when he/she buy's it.

As I said earlier though, the car hit me at about 25mph and I was doing about 20mph so this was a 45mph crash to a dead stop (no me though, I kept going!:rolling:) so there could be more damage that has not been spotted. So I would still be cautious!

Keep the rubber on the road guy's! :D

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fraid I did!

:hiya: Thanks for you comment hppsco but I did get hurt. My son posted some x-rays and comments about my injuries way back in October/November but here is a brief rundown on them.

Right femur shattered in over 20 places at the hip which required extensive surgery. I now have a huge plate fixed with nine screws and 2 75mm bolts holding my femur/hip in place. I had two broken ribs, right elbow worn down to the bone, (yes I had leathers on!) Damaged right knee to which I am waiting to have surgery on, (torn cartlidge and ligaments) Hematoma (blood clot) in my abdomen, nuts the size of tennis balls and a black as black pudding, (Now back to their origional grape size:rolling: ) and pelvic bruising.

Leg and knee still hurt like hell 3 months down the line, ribs are now ok, nuts ok, elbow ok except every now and then I hit a nerve when my elbow is resting on a table etc. Blood clot nearly gone, which is good news otherwise I was to have surgery to have it removed.

On the positive side, I can walk, although only around the house or garden without crutches. (I need crutches if I go out anywhere)

All the guy's here on this forum have been instumental in helping me back to this stage. I have had some really shitty days and this forum has helped me along. :bow: You will find out how good everyone is here as you continue to use this forum!

Another member Ducboy was badly injured in a crash early last year and is still having problems, but like myself he is positive and I believe been out on his bike! How are you Ducboy, hope all is going well for you!

Anyway better sign off now as people are getting bored!:sleepy:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
LLoyd, I keep wondering why you use the :rolling: emoticon so much, then realised this was actually designed with you in mind..... it's you rolling around the floor in agony!:D

Andy;)

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Holy Shit!!!!,

We've got a female on the forum!!!:eek: ........ I mean 'Howdy Ma'am'

She currently has a Brutale 910 and is now gonna buy a TNT:eek::eek::eek: ...now that's my kinda girl:bow:

Welcome aboard Stacy, we could do with a few more like you around here.

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Better watch your language from now on. :)

Welcome Stacy!! Are you selling your 910? I saw your post on apriliaforum. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Lloyd,
Did wonder if that was your one...been keeping an eye on it as it never ceases to amaze me what people will pay for salvage-properly repaired & unmarked its going to end up as dear as just going out & buying a nice, clean s/h example. Must admit, i broke my immaculate '99 full power Hayabusa & sold it for a lot more as spares than it would have fetched complete (still felt a bit bad about doing it though).
Hope ur now mobile enough to do the pub sprint-if there's one forum member looking towards Spring i reckon you could be that man-have a good year!

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking forward to spring

:hiya: Thank's for you words Njay, still unable to walk properly but I'm working on it!!!

Re the bike, unfortunately I did not get offered my bike back otherwise I think I would have broken it up for spares but it would have broken my heart to do so.:bawl: As you say, it probably would be worth more as spares.

Funny old world isn't it!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
bike sells for £3100

I cant believe that a written off bike (Lloyds) can go for £3100 - I am sure that I have seen 2 or 3 53reg ones in vgc full working order sell on ebay and in bikemart for £3500 - £3600 !!!!

I dont understand some people - unless they have bought it to break it and sell it for spares ??

·
Registered
105 Posts
F*k*n hell!-i think i'll claim that mine's been hit by a sparrow & try n get over £6000 for it-alternatively anyone want an immaculate 06 RS with 1700miles + lots of extras for about £5750?? i realise that not being damaged makes it worth less.

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Tre sold for £3101.00

I could not get more than £3750.00 part ex for it when in immaculate condition!!! :D

It makes my £5700.00 from my insurance look rather a good deal. This is the first time I have actually got more from my insurance that it's worth.

(Though to me the bike was worth double that!)

From now on don't part ex, crash it!:rolling: (Don't hurt yourself though!:bawl: )

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Insurance - Bless them

Wow - that was a good pay out from the insurance for a change - just a pity you had to suffer as much injury for it tho :(

I still cant believe that it went for £3100 !!

Kurt

·
Premium Member
828 Posts

I could not get more than £3750.00 part ex for it when in immaculate condition!!! :D

It makes my £5700.00 from my insurance look rather a good deal. This is the first time I have actually got more from my insurance that it's worth.

(Though to me the bike was worth double that!)

From now on don't part ex, crash it!:rolling: (Don't hurt yourself though!:bawl: )
Lloyd, you got more for your bike than I paid for mine brand new!!!!

(I did get the tax knocked off remember!)

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheaper than mine

Yeh but your's was the cheap black and silver version was'nt it!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts

Yeh but your's was the cheap black and silver version was'nt it!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
It may be the cheap Black/Silver model, but it is also the faster colour! (Well mine is, because it weighs less than the average Tornado - especially when all the paint falls off!)
Andy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts