Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just joined I've been wanting to buy a tornado for ages and getting close now. i have never ridden one but i am sure i will love it.
at the mo i am riding a cagiva raptor so it will be totally different
i live in plymouth are there any dealers you can recommend for service work down here
and any tips on what look out for on the tornado

kev

·
Registered
864 Posts
:hiya: Hi Kev and welcome to the forum!

Im sure other members will be able to help you regarding dealers near Plymouth :)

With regards what to look out for, have a look at Engenia's website - this will give you much info Engenia's :clap:

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kev.:clap:
Once youv'e thrown your leg over a nelli and done a couple of miles you'll be hooked (they are pure heroin) :)

PS Neil is right, Engenia has put together the benelli owners bible, plus there's loads of other lads who'll be able to advise you no matter what you need to know.:bow: :bow: :bow:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
welcome

hi all just joined I've been wanting to buy a tornado for ages and getting close now. i have never ridden one but i am sure i will love it.
i live in plymouth are there any dealers you can recommend for service work down here

kev
Alright Kev, i have read a few posts like yours & i always give the same advice, if you can stretch the budget, go for an RS, you get a lot more kit & a few more bangs for your bucks. Don`t get me wrong, if i had the choice i would always choose a Benelli over any other bike. It all depends on your pockets depth. One thing that is certain is that you will never find a better group of forum members than this one, there are some guys on here that are like walking encyclopedias of all things Benelli, you will post a question & minutes later you will have loads of great advice. Good luck mate

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Welcome Steve to the Fold and congratulations in your purchase, no doubt Rob will be following with his 2nd one and this forums gonna be bulging !!!. At least i can guarantee that i'll see all the food & beer/drinks etc provided at my 2nd barbeque for next year will be gone :rolling: . Must get these forum T shirts done and we can all have a group photo be you manly girly or the other :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Kev, I bought mine about six months ago and im in Teignmouth. make sure you check all the mod work has been done and you gonna love it :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

kev
Hi Kev. Welcome to the madhouse :D !
I live in Bodmin, and the importers, MotoGB, recommend SP Motorcycles, in Marsh Barton, Exeter. I suggest you stick your head round their door and check them out for yourself.
As has already been said, there is all the information you need here, and although they've had some issues, the fixes are there, too, and mostly available under warranty.
Go buy one - you'll love it :ele: :clap: .
Cheers.
Ian

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Kev. Welcome to the madhouse :D !
I live in Bodmin, and the importers, MotoGB, recommend SP Motorcycles, in Marsh Barton, Exeter. I suggest you stick your head round their door and check them out for yourself.
As has already been said, there is all the information you need here, and although they've had some issues, the fixes are there, too, and mostly available under warranty.
Go buy one - you'll love it :ele: :clap: .
Cheers.
Ian
Ive been checking in with S+P for a few months now to see if they were getting an Axione in. They arnt a Benelli dealer though but Aprillia main agents. The Axiones are discontinued now apparently and they have a different system. Dont think they have Benelli software yet but the main man there does know about Benellis.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hiya Kev,i'd 2nd that about checking if mods have been done.Mines an 07 plate and mods avnt been done:bawl: luckily it's still young enough:clap:

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
hellooooo

i've had mine about 3 weeks now & only had just over a hour on it so far bloody weather!!!!!!!!!!!! but i loved every minute of it!!!!!!! would have enjoyed it even more if i wasn't running the engine in i think it will be 2010 before that will get done at this rate :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
hellooooo

i've had mine about 3 weeks now & only had just over a hour on it so far bloody weather!!!!!!!!!!!! but i loved every minute of it!!!!!!! would have enjoyed it even more if i wasn't running the engine in i think it will be 2010 before that will get done at this rate :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Weather... What weather.... :confused: Covered hundreds of miles over the last three Sundays.. :D

Being the last 'NEW' YELLOW Nelli purchased, don't mean ya have to wrap it up in cotton wool.. :rolling: Get out and ride it, they do like to be ridden hard ya know.... ;)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Ive been checking in with S+P for a few months now to see if they were getting an Axione in. They arnt a Benelli dealer though but Aprillia main agents. The Axiones are discontinued now apparently and they have a different system. Dont think they have Benelli software yet but the main man there does know about Benellis.
Blimey, they were going to get an axone a few months ago. They borrowed one from Dynomap Tuning in Exeter when they had my bike in for a service. As you say, SP do know about Benellis, and, I suppose that in the absence of a Benelli dealer down this way, KJM recommend them. As well as Aprilia dealers, they are also MV Agusta dealers, and MotoGB are the importers, I believe, hence the connection.

Barnsley is a long way from here...:D

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
186 Posts
:clap: :D

kev
Ive had mine for about a month now.... its the worse thing I have ever done!!!! :doh:

People keep coming up to me and asking me all about the bike!!!! :D

Also, theres nothing to really change on the bike as its perfect :D

What I will say is DONT expect Honda build quality..... :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hiya Kev,i'd 2nd that about checking if mods have been done.Mines an 07 plate and mods avnt been done:bawl: luckily it's still young enough:clap:
I'lll third that...bought a 54 plate TnT which hadn't had the mods, had it trailered home on it's first outing in front of hundreds of Ducatti/Guzzi/Aprilia owners :doh:
Thankfully I got all the mods done under warranty despite it being nearly 4 years old !
Italy supplied all the parts and I paid the labour ( which I then claimed back from the non Benelli dealer I bought it from).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts