Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I could say it's with heavy heart I got rid of m'Nelli, but I can't.

Even now I think of her looks and her sound at full chat but alas it was all superficial. :eek:

Unfortunately her stroppy temprementalness of starting, dodgy fitting clothes, shoddy fastners, weird handling, heavy clutch meant I had to find her a new home before she decided she really wanted to go wrong.

After 10 months of ownership I had had enough of her and I swapped her in for a rice burner, a lovely 2006 R1 with 310 miles on the clock.

I'd like to thank you all for your help and dodgy humour (BB Al) :clap:

...especially Laurence and Eugina for all their help and knowledge :bow:

I really hope Benelli can sort their lives out with the investment from Qian Jing coz I think it could genuinly be an amazing bike.

SO its with much sadness that I bid this forum farewell :bawl:

Maybe I'll see you at Visordown.com if you fancy a chat

Bits for sale ( sorry Admin)

Set of crash bungs (that go through the rear engine mount, piece of wee wee to fit and don't require you to drill holes in panels like the R & G ones)
& an R & G can protector (all were fitted to m'Nelli but unused :D ) £50

Please mail me if interested

All the best and keep it rubber side down

Lil Nique

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Boo Hoo

Sorry to see you go Nick.:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I hope that you are happy with that jap bike that you swapped the nelli for mate and never say never, we might see you back on this Forum some day!!! (you never know!!!)

Bye for now,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cheers chaps

After 7 years of owning Italian bikes I thought it was time for a change (1 x RSV, 1 x RSV Factory, 1 x Nelli RS).

Was after a Gixxer Thou but got offered an offer I couldn't refuse!

Ciao Bella I believe is the phrase :)

BTW Laurence (and Al) dont go playing footie in Uganda, could get you into a spot of bother :)....saw The Last King of Scotland the other week. Fookin fantastic

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
What the hell are you on about Nique?........... I've never heard of Scotland and football being mentioned in the same sentence before:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bye Bye Nique

Sad to see you go nique-hope you got a good price for the RS, though i suppose it's really a case of how much to change that's the important figure.
What colour R1 did you get??
go on, go on, go on......pop some pics in your album so i can have a sketch
Cheers bud & enjoy the summer when it comes.
NJAY:)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Nique,
If those bungs will fit a standard tre then I'll take them buddy and the can protector (if no one else has got in there first)
Absolutely nothing wrong with rice burners mate and just remember to get some pics posted on here.
In saying that (just in time for summer) my Nelli has started pissing oil from somewhere. I've had the backend trying to overtake the front on a couple of occasions so it looks like it's back to KJM for me very very soon.
Don't be a stranger Nique ffs;) Come back on here and let us all know just how reliable the Rwonton is:clap:

Al:D

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Scoop!!!

Al buys some bits for his TRE!!!!!.......... Christ, he'll be wanting a set of RobbyMoto Rear Sets next.:rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Oh - I had forgotton

Al - I meant to remind you - In case you didnt know - Lawro is kndly sorting out some very trick Robby Moto rearsets for our Nelli's
This is a once in a lifetime chance Al to get rearsets for your Italian Bi-atch at a bargain price !
Sorry I forgot to mention it before - I did forget didnt I :doh: :doh:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Kanichiwa

:bawl:

Thank you one and all for your heart felt twaddle :fart:

Big Al. I'll try not to be a stranger...honest. Unfortunately Kurt emailed me before I checked back here so he's beaten you to the bungs and can protector...unless you wanna out bid him :) (joke)

I've already got 98 carbed R1 which is a track bike and it pisses over even the most recent stuff on track see pic below. This was the shot when it went into TWO mag a few months ago. I've also attached a poic of my new mistress.

As for the deal, got screwed on the Nelli price wise but no where wanted it, not even Taz unless I was trading it in for an exchange. I could have held onto it and sold it privately but it still had warranty work needed and I couldn't really sell it without getting the work done....Benelli were dragging their heels over agreeing to it, so I just bit the bullet, took the loss and moved on.

Basically I got the R1 (with only 310 miles on the clock), 05 model (on an 06 plate) with 2 inch Chicken strips each side of the rear, with bungs and single seat thingy and the 1st service for the Nelli and a grand.

Done 200 miles on it over the last 2 days and got to the edge of the tyres. Gotta re-clibrate my riding as theres hardly any engine breaking, keep feeling as though Im entering round abouts on a trailing throttle....a bit disconcerting :rolleyes:

Everything about it is easier than the Nelli and I can even get flat footed at a standstill (had to have the Nelli dropped 10mm at the front to do this).....I miss the sound and although the Sumitomo radial calipers of thte R1 are good, they lack the inital bite of the Nelli Brembo Oros. The R1 is a bit bland in comparison...a bit XR3i ish but after 7 years of Italian I fancy something that is going to start every time I hit the starter and doesn't cost the earth to buy bits for.

Got me first track day of the year next week at Snetterton....lets hope it doesn't snow :)

Check out m'pics and the link to a little gallery (of a really crappy local site for pics of m'past bikes)

Niques former bikes click here

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Bugger shite bugger:mad::mad::doh:

I hate you Kurt:bawl::bawl:;)

Al:rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Big Man love comin right back at ya Al :rolling:

Hey fella - if you snooze - you lose :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I hope you'll feel bad if I drop my bike whilst doing the Californian Superbike School Kurt knowing that those bungs could save me a bit of cash for my repair bill:mad:

When you say man love? Does that mean there's kissing involved:confused::rolling:

If it'll get me those bungs .... pucker up buddy:rolling:

Al:)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
hahaha :rolling:

Sorry to let you down Al - but there aint no man kissing stuff - just man love (and I dont mean that in a sexual kind o way !!) :spank: :doh:

So you are tryin to put me on a guilt trip then eh - well keep on fella - if you can afford to by them crash bungs then you can afford them rearsets - just imagine how much more lean you can get over on the corners with Robby Moto rearsets compared to the standard pegs :jig:

On a more serious note - whats the soup of the day the far side of the border then :rolling:

·
903 Posts
Man love, soup!

:p

Do you know what you have started Al! :rolling:

Kurt, I am begining to think that Al will do "ANYTHING" to get what he wants!:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Lloyd - If my memory serves me right - this isnt the 1st time Al has made it known that he wishes to kiss other men - is it ??

Me wonders if there is an hidden agenda with Al's new business venture ! :D

·
1,841 Posts
Soup

MY FAVOURITE SOUP IS MULLIGATAWNY

I AM SURE AFTER SLURPING DOWN A LARGE BOWL OF MULLIGATAWNY AL DEFINITELY WONT BE KISSING ME ! :eek: ;) :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I AM SURE AFTER SLURPING DOWN A LARGE BOWL OF MULLIGATAWNY AL DEFINITELY WONT BE KISSING ME ! :eek: ;) :rolling:

Pucker up honey ... nothing gets me going more that the smell of curry on a mans breath:rolling::rolling:

Al:doh:

Pssst ... any crash bungs for sale:confused::D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Bloody hell Al,
If you desparately want the bungs then I see 3 options

1 - You can make me a substantially increased offer compared to what I paid Nique (lets say around 500% more) :rolling:
2 - I could hire you the bungs - special weekend rate of £50 + £150 for every 0.1mm shaved off them during a spill (all subject to a minimum charge of £250 per weekend) :spank:
3 - Buy your own bloody bungs !! :rolling:

That will teach you to not even contemplate thinking of kissing me ya big Scottish handbag clutching, stilletto wearing, boufont hair styling poof you
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
But never the less fella - Big Man Love comin at you

but not this type :hero: or this :spank: ........... more like this :gulp: and :lager: or even :duel:
:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts