Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have joined the Benelli experiance :doh:

cafe racer went for 1st service on Sat and the dealer assured me the couple of niggles would be sorted, after 4 hrs in the work shop I ended up riding home on a kawasaki ER 6 n (yuk)

the niggels they could not sort were

1. eratic tick over
2. "klunk" from front end under hard braking or acceration
3. could got get out of first at stand still

they stripped the clutch and soaked the plates which did make it better but not right and could not pin point the other faults, I have to ring them on Wed's to find out how it's going. At least they are hoping to get it right!

I will post the out come as and when I get it back

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the bike from DK motorcycles in newcastle under lyme, the guy who services the benelli seems pretty switched on about the mods etc, they have had the Benelli rep on to them today wanting to know about it

·
Registered
1 Posts
That clunk under breaking

Hey, I just brought mine in for the first service also. I had a similar problem with the clunk under breaking. They said it was a stearing bearing that loosed up and this was normal for break-in. The tightened it down and I have no problems since.

Sorry to here about the clutch problem. I had a hard time hitting neutral at first. It got better over time. I adjusted the clutch lever to have a little more tension in it and that seemed to help.

Good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have spoken to the dealer and you should get the problems sorted very soon, I can't comment on the G/box issue as every Benelli is different some are better than others.

Stick with it;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many thanks rusty russ your a star :clap:

the bike is so much fun to ride can't wait to get it back, I think a few other members of our club will be looking at Benelli now as well as they watched me dissapear round the twisties on our ride outs :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just spoken to DK, bike has had all mechanical issues sorted BUT they can't upload the new map as the bike needs a 6 digit security code which has to come from the factory in Itay and they are on holiday till Monday. :bawl:

·
Registered
73 Posts
ah

good to hear the factory is back off holiday on monday as i need a bloody clutch... only done 4700 mile:doh: :doh: :doh:
im hoping its cause the bike has done a lot of time on the dyno, soo les hope eh.......
if i cant get the funds together ill have to sell the tnt to fund my racing... that will b a good day for all the guys on our ride outs as they cant keep up, but a sad day 4 me as wow what a bike....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still no sign of the map going onto the cafe racer, rang DK this morning and still not got the code. I rang benelli factory and got recorded message saying on holiday untill 26th, if thats the only place to get this code then the first service will have taken over 2 weeks to complete !!!!! :bawl:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi busaguy,

I just got mine back from a service day and it is much improved. I have had the same eratic tick over and stalling you mention. Turns out a stuck valve had the choke perminantly on. Also loaded a new map which appears to have made a huge difference with a smooth non missing tick over and no stalls since (fingers crossed). Check out my other posts for more details.

Finding nutral is a sticky issue with mine too. I've not worried about it as yet as I consider a reliable bike to be more important. I had an Aprilia previously and it was a bitch to get into neutral as well, although I would have to say the Nelli is worse. Best I've found is to try putting it in as you are coasting to a stop. I'm no expert but I'm inclined to think that playing with the clutch won't fix this. But please prove me wrong :ele: :ele:

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HaHa, after a call to Benelli UK I got to the bottom of the map issue, turns out the bike already had the latest map :doh: the "klunk" was the head stock bearing, now adjusted and OK and I can get neutral now :clap: althougth not to easy, it jumps to second from 1st then drops into neutral. the tick over seems ok as well now DK reckoned it was the exhaust valve ???????, not to sure about that but I have disconnected the solinod and the tick over did drop a little but still above 1000 rpm and no stalling and starts first time so had a play on the 60 mile run home and lost a knee slider ....... happy days :cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hi Rusty Russ,

Me thinks that you may see me and the cafe racer for second service :D

how far from Worcester are you ?. I now there is a dealer in Worcester but when I have been there they seem to know Nothing about Benelli cafe racers or any TNT range.

I already have to travel the 60 miles to DK so a bit further North won't hurt, could organise a ride out for the event for our club:excited:

www.pmcc.org.uk

If anyone has a look, check out the busa madness link, thats me on the Busa competing in last years cannonball bike run across Europe. I got banned from Germany for my sins !!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Rusty Russ, found you, 126 miles to you

I know Ive just had the first service but would you be up for checking the machine over and maybe doing this airbox mod ? . I have lost a bit of faith with DK especially when I got home and noticed the belly pan half which covers the oil filter was missing, never spotted it before I road off, they FORGOT to put it back on, its being posted out today.

can you give an Idea of cost to check / setup machine etc

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts