Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
at first time, sorry, my English no so good.
I bought Cafe Racer from Great Britain. It has be 2008, but on single parts I found only years 2006 and 2007. Motor 2007, one rim 2006, the second 2007, braking hose 2006 etc . I would like ask: 1. It is any key for recognize year, for example from VIN, if that's really 2008?

2.It is any possibility international warranted? As I already wrote, motorcycle is imported from Britain, I am from Czech Republic. If when I will have some problem, some breakdown, so I have to claim at man, who take me motorcycle to Czech Rep. and then he will claim at a distance in Britain, where it purchased or it is able to go to local reseller and claim with him in Czech Republic? I ask here therefore that I don't want ask straight in some from our resellers, so that me buttonholer. They have not like to "grey import", come so about money. But they can´t wonder when price from them is 30% higher.

3. It is version TNT for Britain open in full power? Because in COC certificate is writing 95 KW, no 101 KW.

4. If that's then 2008, which problems from the start production TNT (2004) already shall I solved and which on the contrary carry through? For example undersized cable to batery, capillary action oil, problems with alternator, starter....?
Thank you very much for your answer

Pete Biggy

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vin=2008

Thank you very much for your reaction.
So in accordance with VIN, it is really 2008:) And answer for other my questions? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Pete, or may I call you Biggy? ;)

If you take the bike to an official Benelli dealer, I don't think that you should have a problem with the warranty as this should be recognized worldwide.

Some of the TNT guys will be along shortly to answer your other questions on the mechanical things to look out for.

Enjoy the experience :clap:

·
Registered
403 Posts
2008 model

If it is a 2008 build,I would suspect if the factory is a serious one, then all the mechanical modifications ( starter gear, alternator, alternator beville washer, correct alternator shaft Z25 ) should all be done so sit tight on that one.

The ECU and fuelling, that could be another issue, seeing as 2007 required Cat converters, and the benelli history of using that silly buterfly in the exhaust and airbox flaps, you may experience a little smoky idle ( rich ) and some smoke at heavy acceleration. But that is something you will find out in the next few months. If so somebody on her eshould help you out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cafe Racer 2008

Thank you for your answers, but I don´t understand: "I would suspect if the factory is a serious one, then all the mechanical modifications, should all be done so sit tight on that one." There was variability modification or version in year made 2008???
And: "Where did we put the trailer again. ???" Do you mean import to Czech Republic from GB?

Sorry, but my English really no so good. Thanks:bow:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Pete, or may I call you Biggy? ;)

If you take the bike to an official Benelli dealer, I don't think that you should have a problem with the warranty as this should be recognized worldwide.

Some of the TNT guys will be along shortly to answer your other questions on the mechanical things to look out for.

Enjoy the experience :clap:
Hi, I hope, but I´m not so sure with that warranty. Do you live in Edinburgh? I was there, beuatiful city, really:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get yourself booked onto the Scottish Benelli Gathering next year matey and you'll find a Fantastic bit of country ! ;)

:D
I was traveled in Scotland. I was in this country in summer 2005 and 2006. This is really fantastic nature

·
Registered
52 Posts
The dealer where you bought your Benelli from, has to activate the manufacturers warranty. Every official dealer has to do so in the EU. If the activation is done, you have an EU-wide warranty, since an official dealer do the technical service which is written down in your warranty book.

"Thank you for your answers, but I don´t understand: "I would suspect if the factory is a serious one, then all the mechanical modifications, should all be done so sit tight on that one." There was variability modification or version in year made 2008???" >>>>>>>>>>He means, that all the modifications should have bee done by Benelli in Pesaro, Italy. I don't know anything about modifications in 2008, except the new spark plugs in the 899 versions.

And "Where did we put the trailer again?" is an ironic joke about the Benellis.....you will never know if you come back from your tour riding your Nelli or sitting in a car with a trailer and the Nelli on the trailer...........:bawl:

And this sentence is shown on every post of mallard, like a subscription.

Greetings from Germany

Tostan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you for your answers, but I don´t understand: "I would suspect if the factory is a serious one, then all the mechanical modifications, should all be done so sit tight on that one." There was variability modification or version in year made 2008???
And: "Where did we put the trailer again. ???" Do you mean import to Czech Republic from GB?

Sorry, but my English really no so good. Thanks:bow:
ok guys, let me do a short czech lesson for you:
u roku 2008 by měly být hotové všechny popsané modifikace a máš na tom sedět pevně
ohledně druhého dotazu je zde zvykem si na konec příspěvku napsat nějakou hlášku, s tvým dotazem to nemá nic společného
welcome to the this great forum and enjoy the bike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Warranty

The dealer where you bought your Benelli from, has to activate the manufacturers warranty. Every official dealer has to do so in the EU. If the activation is done, you have an EU-wide warranty, since an official dealer do the technical service which is written down in your warranty book.

"Thank you for your answers, but I don´t understand: "I would suspect if the factory is a serious one, then all the mechanical modifications, should all be done so sit tight on that one." There was variability modification or version in year made 2008???" >>>>>>>>>>He means, that all the modifications should have bee done by Benelli in Pesaro, Italy. I don't know anything about modifications in 2008, except the new spark plugs in the 899 versions.

And "Where did we put the trailer again?" is an ironic joke about the Benellis.....you will never know if you come back from your tour riding your Nelli or sitting in a car with a trailer and the Nelli on the trailer...........:bawl:

And this sentence is shown on every post of mallard, like a subscription.

Greetings from Germany

Tostan

Oh, thank you very much for your time. I know now, so ironic joke:) I hope, that it will be not too often! And thing with warranty, do you mean dealer from Great Britain? Or person which imported bike to Czech Republic? He is not Benelli dealer. Thanks for idea

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok guys, let me do a short czech lesson for you:
u roku 2008 by měly být hotové všechny popsané modifikace a máš na tom sedět pevně
ohledně druhého dotazu je zde zvykem si na konec příspěvku napsat nějakou hlášku, s tvým dotazem to nemá nic společného
welcome to the this great forum and enjoy the bike
Ahoj Harry. Ty žiješ u nás v Praze? To je fajn zjištění, že tady nejsem od nás sám. Bohužel ani v tvém překladu nenacházím logiku, ohledně toho, že má sedět pevně:) Přeložil jsem si to úplně stejně, ale myšlenku nenacházím:rolling:

·
Registered
52 Posts
The official dealer has to fill up the warranty sheets and send them to Benelli. Take a look at your warranty book. Some sheets shouldn't be in it anymore and one or two sheets should be filled up by the official dealer.
In germany, I can phone the importer and ask him if the bike is activated or not. Even he can tell me, if all updates have been done.
You know: no activation, no warranty by Benelli. Only warranty from the man/shop who/which selled you the Benelli. This may be a problem........

The german importer sometimes makes a deal.............if the bike hasn't all the updates and is a "grey", pay for all the updates.....and after that the importer activates your warranty.........not always, but sometimes.....it's a question of "being kind to the drivers....."

Greetings from germany

Tostan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The official dealer has to fill up the warranty sheets and send them to Benelli. Take a look at your warranty book. Some sheets shouldn't be in it anymore and one or two sheets should be filled up by the official dealer.
In germany, I can phone the importer and ask him if the bike is activated or not. Even he can tell me, if all updates have been done.
You know: no activation, no warranty by Benelli. Only warranty from the man/shop who/which selled you the Benelli. This may be a problem........

The german importer sometimes makes a deal.............if the bike hasn't all the updates and is a "grey", pay for all the updates.....and after that the importer activates your warranty.........not always, but sometimes.....it's a question of "being kind to the drivers....."

Greetings from germany

Tostan
OK, thanks. But in warranty booklet I have all pages, any absent. So english Benelli dealer not filled it. I have to send any paper him and then he will fill it an send to Benelli (fabric)? Or it may be do Czech Benelli dealer? I looked for 3 pages "Activation form" and 3 pages of "Delivery Certificate". One for fabric, one for dealer and one for me?
Thank you very much

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to look at my booklet to tell you which pages are not there anymore. I'm just at work, so I have to look later.

Do you have a contract from the british dealer or only from your importer? A contract with the englisch dealer would be better.

In your case, I would contact the british dealer and talk with him. Maybe you can send him your warranty booklet and he will complete it. Then your problem is solved.

Another possibility is to contact your czech importer, if he can "manage" something. Only with the contract from the british dealer, I think.

Or you know your czech Benelli dealer very well...............and he likes you......

Greetings from germany

Tostan

·
Registered
70 Posts
tostan,
I know the czech importer very well - my next service will be done by maniacmotors... I clearly doubt they would do anything to help him out of this. as you said - the best would be to talk to uk dealer the bike was bought from and let him get all the paperwork done. sorry to say that, but pete was supposed to make sure about the papers before he paid for it, especially when buying from "some importer"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Warranty

Thanks Tostan. I was contacted importer and he told me, that he know about international warranty already and he will be contact british Benelli dealer about it. But problem will be in czech dealer, like told Harry. I think it too.

Ano Harry, bylo mi jasné, že se zárukou to bude všelijaké (já reklamovat u chlápka co mi to dovezl, ten pak v Anglii)-prostě komplikované a u některých závad i neřešitelné. Možná jsem si měl oveřit nejdříve, jak to s tou zárukou je, ale rozdíl v ceně je tak markantní, že by to na věci stejně nic nezměnilo. Tu mezinárodní záruku beru jako bonus nebo spíš fakt, že tady ta možnost je.
PS: Ty máš to černé TNTčko dovezené taky z Anglie?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Take note

tostan,
I know the czech importer very well - my next service will be done by maniacmotors...
This man is quite smart, follow the same route :bow:
Sometimes as I have found, it is just that little bit better to spend more dollars and sleep soundly for 2 years

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Thanks Tostan. I was contacted importer and he told me, that he know about international warranty already and he will be contact british Benelli dealer about it. But problem will be in czech dealer, like told Harry. I think it too.

Ano Harry, bylo mi jasné, že se zárukou to bude všelijaké (já reklamovat u chlápka co mi to dovezl, ten pak v Anglii)-prostě komplikované a u některých závad i neřešitelné. Možná jsem si měl oveřit nejdříve, jak to s tou zárukou je, ale rozdíl v ceně je tak markantní, že by to na věci stejně nic nezměnilo. Tu mezinárodní záruku beru jako bonus nebo spíš fakt, že tady ta možnost je.
PS: Ty máš to černé TNTčko dovezené taky z Anglie?

How rude............... How Very Dare You ! :rolleyes:

( I love it when you talk dirty !:D )

:rolling:

;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts