Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

the 2nd service is due soon on my CR (the 3750 0ne), got a quote from my local dealer which is 1 1/2 hr labour £67.50 + approx £40 for parts, does this sound about right ?

also need new tyres, the stock 208rr's have been ok but are due to be phased out and replaced with 209rr qualifiers, I am thinking of going for the pilot 2ct as replacements as only £5.00 difference, has anyone tried these on the CR ?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
the 2nd service is due soon on my CR (the 3750 0ne), got a quote from my local dealer which is 1 1/2 hr labour £67.50 + approx £40 for parts, does this sound about right ?
Sounds quite cheap to me.........................I'd bite his hand off, if you are confident in their knowledge of the bike and their abilities.

However, I'm never quite sure if the maintenance has to be done by an 'authorized dealer' in order for the warranty to be honored :confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Dealer is Streffords of Worcester, a small family dealership for Beneilli and MV, Brian @ Benelli UK recommended them as I was not happy with DK (where I bought the bike) and they are only 12 miles away. I have spoken to the mechanic there and he seems switched on, he is riding around on a TREK. My main concern was that DK told me the second service would be expensive as the valve clearances would need checking ????? I thought that stange for the second service

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm with Laurencewhite on that one:rolleyes: that does sound very very cheap to me!!!!!!

I think I would check your 2nd service schedule and then ask them again how much?

Regards
Russ.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Keep it away from Streffords if it is broke !!!

Hi Busaguy
I live in Brum and had my TRE taken to Streffords of Worcester a few weeks before the bike show at the NEC. Fault was cutting out occasionally. After major promises of competence and good service, 4 days went passed and bike not started on, 2 days later under pressure told they did not have the access code to use the Benelli software lady on the phone had an attitude and surprised I wanted my bike back so soon and "yes we are experts we can fix it" she said.

4 more days, "we have remapped it many times but she will not tick over at all now, but we shall play with injectors we shall reset again" said the mechanic at Strffords. :mad: I was loosing faith.
I rang Bennets and spoke to Russ he said he shall be at NEC show and can take the bike up north fix it and return end of week.:ele:
As I delivered the bike to Russ, the TRE was the worst junk on the road, did not run or tick over and a danger in traffic .
I regretted I took it to Streffords.

Met Russ 4 days after collection, in a car park at the motor cycle museum ( mum said never meet funny men at night in car parks) to colect Nelly.

My TRE ran sweet I ever gave her a Little peck X thats Nelly not my mum

Take my advice as one who has been there, its worth the extra effort to let an expert play with our toys, Strffords in my opinion are not experts despite what they say.
Consider the trip to Yorkshire for the service, nice ride out on Saturday morning also.

I cant fault the service I have had from Benetts:bow: :bow:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Busaguy when and where do you ride I ofter am in your area weekend on IAM runs we must have Tea.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jurek,

Thanks for the heads up, problem is that Russ is a fair trek away, I have spoken to him a few times and he has always seen me right and do know he is VERY well respected by Benelli UK and all on here. I had a problem with DK and others swear by them so until you get the "BAD" experiance yourself your dealer is ok. As Brian at Benelli suggested Streffords I will give them a go, if it goes tits up then I will SHOUT at Benelli UK and get them to ship it to Russ :D As you probably guess from my posts I like to take control of most things that need doing on the bike so only want the oil and filter changed and the things on the schedule checked for the warranty, I DO NOT WANT THE MAP touched as I have "tweaked" mine and it runs VERY well.

down here we meet on Tuesday evenings in Tibberton (NOT for tea) and ride out most Sundays, this week we are aiming for Bourton on the water (hmmm weather). Let me know when you are around this way and I will pop over to where you will be (any excuse to ride the bike :) )..... oh I hate tea can we have coffee?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Coffey sounds good we need to support the Brazilians.:clap:

Good luck with Streffords .

Remamber the old saying, " it will only take a minute"..:rolling: :rolling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts