Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was just wondering who else on here has been having troubles with their cafe racer since new or tnt. Since new my cafe racer has had nothing but troubles the bike is coming up to the end of the warranty period and still not sure if the bike is going to perform right. list of stuff that as far as i have been told thats been changed is the battery which blew up and put acid over swing arm, shock, rear guard, chain which was casue of the alternator packing it in that blew the battery. Had seat replaced twice as the heat had affected it to much. Mirrors been fixed once but now have new ones on way.
The hot start problem as i see everyone has been having which actually mleted the spline away just before xmas so bike would charge or start. The bike is using oil and have had it in twice and its in again waiting to see what they will do this time hopefully rebuild it finally. Its also has a new starter motor, instrument cluster, seat support, brake light. just wanting to get a list together of what everyone else has had to have done so i can make sure mine doesnt have these other problems that i dont know about as yet.

cheers all Joel

p.s hey Derek if you find out that you can do something about a lemon clause or anything, let me know as i dont have any faith that my bike will keep running out of warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
missed something

Forgot to add to the post has anyone had as bad fuel consumption as me i seem to only get 150km to 170km on a full tank of fuel

cheers Joel

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I get about 150k (93mls) before the fuel light comes on then another 45k (27mls) before I come to a grinding holt :doh: these engines are nor brilliant on fuel but then again they do tramp on if you want them to :)
Terry

·
Registered
139 Posts
problems I originally had on my 06 model were, loose head stock bearing, not able to select neutral, poor tick over, tickover adjuster fell off, and had to have a new alternator. All these issues were fixed by Benelli dealer.

I have since added a QD exhaust can, removed the exhaust and airbox flaps and re-mapped it myself, I get about 110 miles now then need fuel.

I have notice that some of the plating is crap, noticably on the brake pipe fittings, the oil cooler pipes and the brake lever position adjuster, I ended up re-finishing these with copper paint.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Noel and others :)

Actually 150-170kms a tank is really good. I've had mine since April last year and for most of that time I've had to refill at 100kms. With a new map in August I've been able to get it out to 130kms.

Sounds like you've had a lot more problems than me - whose your dealer ? I know mine's (a1) has been very good and done a lot of work on the CR. I think they feel a bit guilty about selling a bike that's been nothing but trouble. Considering that warranty doesn't pay as well per hour as a normal charge out rate for a mechanic, they've been loosing money on this too so their good will and support can only expected to go so far.

With that many problems I'd be having a good long chat to the shop and the importer about the bike. As I said to a1 recently, if the bikes not right, what do you do ? I couldn't sell it because I could not in all good faith say it was roadworthy. Unless the purchaser just wanted to look at it and never ride it! In which case it's a great bike.

I think the question here is - is Benelli learning from this ? are they making changes and getting fixes out ? It's all very good to say things like "the new Benelli's are much improved" but the first thing any potential Benelli owner is going to do is to find these forums and have a read. if they don't see people being supported and issues being fixed, they won't buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Derek,

My dealer used to be Prestiege in Brisbane but I have since pulled out of dealing them now dealing with the company Stoney Creek which started in Brisbane called Valley Moto. The bike has been in for two weeks so far and looks like around another two at least. No one has a plan for the engine as yet I just keep getting told they have to monitor it but the bike wasn't even taken apart till last friday when Clayton was there. When Clayton was up doing the upgrades the factory has approved which I still don't think is enough.

I agree it is all very well saying the bike is new and improved but when you see the problems the bikes do have you wonder if its even worth taking the risk. I wish I knew what I know now before I bought the bike as I would have really thought hard whether I would buy one or not.

I have spoken to Prestiege, Valley Moto and Stoney Creek and they all just want to stand behind their warranty and say it will be fixed under it, but the problem is the bike is almost out of warranty and still no end in sight to the probelms. Everyone is saying something different with none of them saying the same thing, they all say this is what should be done but then for some reason nothing happens. What are you supposed to do?

The only way to proceed any further and bring this to an outcome is to take the matter to court, as all State or Government agenices I have spoken too don't want to touch it.

Cheers Joel

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Joel, as long as your warranty issues are recorded by a Benelli dealer prior to the warranty expiring then it doesn't matter if the warranty runs out the problems will have to be dealt with by benelli irrespective of timescale, also the repaired work should carry a warranty from the date it was/is repaired.....Finally in the UK there is a law concerning products that have multiple continuous faults , and where you have given the manufacture "reasonable time to repair or replace" but where you are still dissatisfied.
I feel for you buddy I have been exactly where you are now with both Benelli and Honda however Benelli did see it through unlike Honda (“spit”) too be honest at Christmas I was all ready to swap my 05 TNT for a moto morini veloce (superb "V" twin power) however lets just say that the Benelli problems would appear to be far less than other manufactures mentioned.

Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts