Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there fitted a tail tidy to a Cafe Racer? If so could you let me know where you got it from and what indicaters you fitted. Some pictures would be good to see if possible

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Paul

Youv'e got an awesome looking bike! The mivv exhaust you have on your bike does that require setting up or can you just bolt t on and go? Is it quite loud and where could I purchase one from?

On the tail tidy it's a shame you can't get indicaters to match the style of the brake lights on the benelli

·
Registered
78 Posts
+1 for the Melotti unit. I actually bought it online through Trend Italy and had it delivered. Price was good (better than local supply) and service was excellent (had it delivered to Australia in about a week).

I put stubby arrow led indicators on mine (partly because one of the original spear head indicators broke). The wiring required some tidying up but Im satisfied with the look. When I get my bike back from the workshop Ill take some pix

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1 for the Melotti unit. I actually bought it online through Trend Italy and had it delivered. Price was good (better than local supply) and service was excellent (had it delivered to Australia in about a week).

I put stubby arrow led indicators on mine (partly because one of the original spear head indicators broke). The wiring required some tidying up but Im satisfied with the look. When I get my bike back from the workshop Ill take some pix
Do you know if there is a way of not cutting the wiring about to fit new indicaters etc, is it possible to buy a conector that will fit into the original wiring?Would be good to see some pictures, I find the tail tidies that are for sale tend to be quite away from the exhaust - is this because the exhaust gets too hot to allow the bracket to be mounted higher up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cafe Racer Tail Tidy ?

R&G do a good tail tidy for TnT's, just fitted one to my 899s no need to cut or mod any wiring and at the moment using standard indicators.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Hi Paul

Youv'e got an awesome looking bike! The mivv exhaust you have on your bike does that require setting up or can you just bolt t on and go? Is it quite loud and where could I purchase one from?

On the tail tidy it's a shame you can't get indicaters to match the style of the brake lights on the benelli
Motovation who sell the tailtidy also sell the MiVV. Because the bikes are so rich from stock, using the open pipe helps lean it out a little, but not enough. So in the end once you have done the filter, flaps and exhaust valve and reducer rings, you can then retune it with Tuneboy.
Sound is awsome - Take the DB killers out and it is loud, very loud. The sound with DB killers in makes heads turn because it sounds so good.

Ask Alex at Maniac Motors if he has the Mivv in stock and what price. It might be cheaper once you add shipping to get it in Europe. The guys at Motovation will give you a price with shipping and tell them you subscribe to the Benelli forum. Extra 10% off all parts.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts